Home

Let's talk about offensive rebounding...

This is a discussion on Let's talk about offensive rebounding... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #41
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Let's talk about offensive rebounding...

The CPU offensive rebounding is insane. My MyLeague team has great rebounders and half way through the 2Q my team, crashing the boards, has OR/DR numbers of 1/12 while the CPU has 9/16. Twerps PG's are sliding under 3 bigs to pull down boards and get fouled or make layups on second attempts.

I'm down 40-29 playing a team that won the Finals last year and getting beaten on second chance points 10-0.

I already have CPU OR down to 45 while my DR is at 50. How far do I have to adjust to make this something like basketball? This is not an unusual game for me as I'm still trying to find a reasonable slider set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
This is killing the experience for me. Every game a team is getting 20 o boards and a non rebounding big gets 4 or 5 o boards.

This year the game is using o boards as a way to keep gms close. Just gave up 5 o boards to 53 off board rated daro saric. The really need to patch this ASAP.
Either patch or game update something can/should be done in order to balance and reward good defense otherwise, offensive rebounds are like an offense strategy in 2k18.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #43
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0

Mike Muscala has 4 offensive rebounds now as I play the NBA Today game. He averages 4 rebounds per game last year. One offensive per game. The offensive rebounding in this game is ridiculous. No opposing player could be in the paint and then magically appear there and snag a rebound.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #44
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Idk but imo I’m not having trouble grabbing boards. Every time they shoot I’m boxing out between the PF OR C. The most offensive boards was 5-7. So if anybody can provide some video so we can see the issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #45
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
The CPU offensive rebounding is insane. My MyLeague team has great rebounders and half way through the 2Q my team, crashing the boards, has OR/DR numbers of 1/12 while the CPU has 9/16. Twerps PG's are sliding under 3 bigs to pull down boards and get fouled or make layups on second attempts.

I'm down 40-29 playing a team that won the Finals last year and getting beaten on second chance points 10-0.

I already have CPU OR down to 45 while my DR is at 50. How far do I have to adjust to make this something like basketball? This is not an unusual game for me as I'm still trying to find a reasonable slider set.
What difficulty are you playing on? On all star using sliders similar to what Armor uses I am not seeing this at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #46
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
What difficulty are you playing on? On all star using sliders similar to what Armor uses I am not seeing this at all.
I'm using AS sliders of my own, a variation of ThatMichiganFan's set.

To test I replayed the same game, same team with user defensive rebounds at 70 and CPU offensive rebounds at 30. At the half the CPU was shooting 48% and getting 12 of 27 available rebounds on its own glass. I was crashing the boards. Still saw PG surrounded by my bigs getting bounds.

So for giggles at the half I put user DR to 100 and CPU OR to 0. In the second half the CPU shot 42% and pulled down 10 of 33 available boards off its glass. Better, but hoo boy, at 0/100 CPU/User for CPU's glass?

I won the game in the last seconds on foul shots, 109-104, but it should never have been that close. The CPU had 27 second chance points to my 4. That's right, 4. I spent a lot of the game though getting back to protect transition except for the 4th quarter. As a user I got 6 of 37 available rebounds on my glass for the game and 4 of those were in the 4th.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:04 PM   #47
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

It's been like this in 2k for ages, but you're either usering the PF or C to guarantee the defensive rebound, or you're usering the on ball defender for a shot contest but are guaranteed to give up an offensive rebound. Sucks, but it's true.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:46 PM   #48
Rookie

Let's talk about offensive rebounding...

On the park if one of those 7'3 bohemeths misses a hyper contested layup im there for and contesting it's IMPOSSIBLE to get the defensive board. Can't box out because he catches it instantly and can't jump and get it. Sorry but I'm 6'4 not 5'10 and shouldn't be losing 3 offensive boards in a row like this because a 7'3 player turns into ****ig Spider-Man. One of the most frustrating parts of any myplayer online experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Philbs; 11-05-2017 at 10:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »