Home

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List

This is a discussion on Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2017, 12:30 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by natelull
So excited to see this thread finally here!

The most notable things I can think of right now would have to be

1) improved trade/ cpu signing logic (why would the Bucks trade rashad vaughn for Luol deng??)

2) adding undrafted rookies to free agent pool

3) please let us copy players to other riders. Just like WWE 2k has download a superstar let us download a specific player so that he can take a create a player spot and we can use him in any roster we want. This would be major!!!

4) I know it’s been mentioned a lot, but Wwe 2k’s Create a wrestler system has to be the standard in the next game. It’s so amazing and detailed.

5) even if we can’t get to play g league games at least give us the team names they play for

6) another G league issue, is that there’s only about 30 guys that are listed as playing in the g league, and with 25 teams, that obviously couldn’t be true. Most of all the available players in FA should either be listed as “over seas” or be playing on a g league team.

6) let us download created teams for play outside of myleague, to use in play now modes

7) New scouting system. I know there’s generate a new storyline and all that but the ratings are to exact and I think scouting needs to have a much bigger role in the game. It would be awesome to see a college basketball type system where you can meet with the players during the season, interview, note their performances, and then get an estimated Grade rating (not specific overall)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Number 3 is supposed to say rosters not riders. *

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 12:43 AM   #66
Rookie

A few more things I think I should’ve added on that post....

Ability to download custom images to always have for use, and please bring hashtags to the game to simplify searching for images that we want. I can’t keep endlessly scrolling for a picture because it won’t save to my images tab and there aren’t any hashtags.

Add more than 1 assistant coach to the staff section and let us resign staff members before their contract is up so I don’t have to go find them in the staff pool.

Rotations- need to see the end of the bench out there for the last quarter if a team is up 40 points, not just for the last 3 minutes of the game, so that low rated players can still get some stats and prevents them from all averaging like 5 games played and 3 minutes played

Old 10-20-2017, 01:38 AM   #67
Rookie

I think the whole menu should be overhauled to push immersion because lots of big moves happen in MyLeague/MyGM that I never know about because the social media tab is a waste of time. It should be more like the last gen franchise menus with the weekly schedule and a better news area with player stats on the side.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #68
Rookie

We want all much more facescanned Players in 2k19 !

nearly all 2ways are 2k Caps and most of them signed in July and August (2 or 3 Months ago)

Just visit the DRAFT-COMBINE (May !!) and scan all Invitees because most of them make the League (Final Roster or 2way)

Also Summerleague would be a good Place to find Rookies (also from previous Draftclasses)
Old 10-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #69
Rookie

There should be a companion app for simulating and checking your roster along with a better scouting interface. That would be so cool.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #70
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey Dave, thanks as always for giving us this thread. Hope everything is well.

Here are all my non-CBA related ideas I can think of. I'm splitting it up cause I'm still testing some CBA stuff in game but should wrap up that monster by the end of the week and will post all that in here.

Part 1...

Player Appearence

If MyLeague is truly a "sandbox" mode, this is a big one, albeit I'm sure a difficult one. Players' appearence changes drastically from year to year, and considering most of the league is outdated by the time the game ships anyway, (not to mention guys like Aron Baynes who havent been touched in 4 years) this is even more necessary.
  • Allow full body morphing for all players, including real NBA players. This should include the return of:
    -Wingspan
    -Shoulder width
    -Body length
    As well as:
    -Neck length/size
    -Traps size
    -Shoulder size
    -Arms size
    -Chest size and width
    -Stomach size
    -Buttocks size
    -Hips width
    -Thigh size
    -Calf Size
    -Foot Length
  • Increasing or decreasing weight should make a overall difference as well.
  • Add a global muscle/fat slider to keep the size as adjusted by each of those above options but make the player more ripped or more flabby.
  • Allow us to edit hairstyles and facial hair. This is probably the one player customization feature that I've wanted the most for the longest. Don't forget to fix the hairline placement for cornrows though, yikes lol.
  • Im sure we all want to buy you that drink Dave and hear the story why not, but I'm gonna put it anyway.. Allow us to add tattoos to ALL players. The custom image upload for tattoos from WWE 2k would be awesome.

Accessories

Those that know me know this a pet peeve of mine, as I spent the last 3 years trying to help the roster team keep these (along with rotations and contracts) accurate despite limitations.
Like player appearence, accessories should not be disregarded in a "sandbox" mode, as these change from game to game and drastically from year to year.
  • Allow us to determine Team Colors for EACH UNIFORM. Just Home and Away is now obsolete with the Nike rebrand and 2k took a step in the right direction this year. We have yet to see the cababilities as only team color 1 has been edited so far by the roster team but 2k added Arm Sleeve Color and Team Color 3. The also have 2 sets of colors (including socks) for whether the uniform is being worn home or away. Not to mention adding a handful of new accessories.
  • Each Uniform should have a Home and Away set of colors that are fully editable.
  • Socks should be included in this. Choosing from Nikes lineup is a must for year one, but deeper into the mode, a Create a Sock like feature (or simply editing the colors) would be cool. 2k missed a cool window with Stance, ah well.
  • It is a must to include all this for rebranded and/or expansion teams. As last year, socks for rebranded uniforms are plain with no logos. In the old days this wouldnt be a big deal but although its not as loud as Stance, it stands out when others are wearing Nike.
  • But hey what about classic team rebrands?! Give us the choice of having plain NBA socks or the new Nike socks. More on this in the Rebrand/Expansion section.
  • Headbands need to be included as well. Thankfully we can finally add or remove them on any player, at least in My League, but still can't adjust color. I wonder why this isn't in the main Roster Creator.
  • If possible, there needs to be a way to prevent the clipping that occurs when adding a headband to any player who has hair.
  • Add Frequency for Undershirt use. (It currently exists as seen by Melo and DWade sometimes not wearing theirs, but is currently not editable.
  • Allow us to add and remove goggles and protective facemasks from all players.
  • Allow us to change the shoe brand of any player. Some guys have been unlocked that are notorious for switching shoes like PJ Tucker, but in MyLeague at least, everyone should be unlocked.

Team Rebranding

To me, this and player appearence are the biggest factors in making 2022 feel different than 2018 in your MyLeague.
  • I think this is where the Team Colors edit menu should be rather than within Edit Player as when you change accessory colors for a uniform, it's a team wide thing. Then for an individual player, you can choose which team color. (The details for this were up in the Accessory section)
  • When creating new uniforms, allow us to choose between the Nike uniform template, a classic uniform template, or a generic one (The Nike Uni's have a different cut).
  • The Nike template should have the Nike logo on the right shoulder, the NBA logo on the back, right below the championship trophy logo/number (or not if a team hasn't won a championship yet), the NBA logo on the right upper thigh right below the waistband, and another Nike logo on the left upper thigh.
  • The classic template should only have the NBA logo on the shoulder
  • This is more of a general uniform issue, but the championship logo should increase its number each time a team wins a title, or appear when a team wins it's first title.
  • Allow for 4 uniforms (2 alternates) when creating Nike Uniforms.
  • Allow us to create an alternate uniform to be ADDED to a team's jersey lineup without replacing any (or at least allow us to choose which of the 37 Cavs old uniforms we'd like to replace if the issue is like MLB The Show where there's only that many jersey slots.
  • Expand on the options for court designs. Also more arenas, more (more contemporary) jumbo trons, maybe allow us to edit placement of tunnels and seats.
  • Since I'm sure we can't use a specific teams font when typing something on the baseline out of bounds or bench arena, etc, give us the team names in their specific font to go along with the choices of logos and partial logos.
  • Fix the issue of the transparent court paint.
  • Just wanted to say Thank You! for allowing us to redesign a court within the same arena as I remember 2 years ago Dave you telling me this wasn't possible.

CAP

The easiest thing to say would be take notes from WWE 2K lol. But really, everything I listed above plus full facial morphing. I would LOVE to see the Custom Face image upload feature (as with tattoos) that WWE 2k uses.

I will say this since it's mostly nothing but negativity regarding CAP this year. While that's been justified, I'd prefer 2k18 over every other current gen 2k as AT LEAST the CAPs look human and blend with the league, even the ones that the roster team spends 30 seconds on.

Contract Editing
  • Expand the Contract edit screen, especially since this isn't one of the roster team's stronger areas year to year.
  • Include:
    -Bird Years
    -Guarantee (explained more in the CBA rules section)
    -Make salary amount scroll by $10,000, not $250,000 as it is now. Cannot create realistic edits this way
    -Organizational Role

Rotations

Whether substition logic is ever improved or not, I don't think it could be good enough to make Advanced Rotations no longer necessary. And yes, the biggest thing holding them back is still lack of foul trouble compensation, and overriding logic during blowouts.
  • Allow In Game Advanced Rotations for both the User and CPU controlled teams. Even if the A.I. DID adjust for foul trouble, would we want them to and play someone in their place we dont want them to?
  • This needs to be available on the main pause menu, not just in Simcast.

To me, this is the only way everyone would be happy, having complete control over both teams at all times.
  • Don't delete our advanced rotations each time we release, trade, or sign someone when they have zero minutes assigned.

Quick Edit
  • Add Peak Start and End
  • Add secondary positions
  • Add jersey number
  • Add play initiator

All-Star Weekend
  • Like many have said, allow us to edit All Star particpants. This includes not only the All Star game itself, but also the Rookie game, the 3 point Contest and the Dunk Contest.
  • Allow us to edit the uniforms each year along with the court to create a unique identity. The changing of venues is great, but doesn't mean much with the same court design and jerseys each year.
  • The Rookie and Sophomore game should have one team wearing their respective team's Icon jerseys and the other wearing their Association jerseys. They already have this represented in the dunk and 3 point shootouts.
  • I was worried the Dunk and 3 point Contests would have been scrapped by now, but I'm pleased to see not only are they still there, but new commentary was added. However, they're badly in need of some cleaned up animations (very jerky shooting motions and hands not interacting with the rim, etc) as well as some new content for the dunk contest, new dunks, new props etc. The Dunk contest judging is still kind of weird, although better than it was. I can do a basic dunk and get a better score than a more difficult dunk. Lastly the rules of the contest regarding misses and attempts/rounds should be updated.
  • Create some random colorways of shoes. This is one of the things that stands out about All Star Games in the last 10-15 years, the special edition kicks that most of the players wear.
  • I personally would play the All Star games and Rookie games more (already play the contests) if the gameplay had a more all star game feel. Yes I can bump down the difficulty for when I'm on offense, but the CPU plays wayyyy too slow. I already think the CPU's pace needs to be sped up for regular games, as teams just don't look for early offense or play very aggressive on the break in 2k, but specifically for an All Star game. More alley oops, more 3s, more dunks, less defense, it's an All Star game.

Player Development
  • I see some guys have mentioned adding a potential ceiling and floor but I recall seeing either Davez or DaCzar mention that a best/case scenario with a bust probability already exists. Make that editable.
  • Like many others have said, during regression, players should take the biggest hit to their athletic attributes, not their shooting and IQ.
  • Progression/potential needs to be broken up in a way that allows for example, a player who can't shoot coming into the draft to develop a jump shot. My idea is this, add Offseason Workouts, but also allow the user to participate in drills that give a major boost to that particular skill, not just a couple points, but allow for someone such as Andre Drummond to jump from a 25 3point shot to a 55 if he really puts in the work.
  • Add a more competitive training camp. Allow users to participate in those drills that are used in MyCareer to develop players, same goes for the Offseason Workouts.
  • Allow for scrimmages that give development points to players who perform well in the scrimmages. Make it so theres an actual point to holding 20 players on the roster prior to the season, as it is right now, I already know based on their attributes what 15 should be on the team in the middle of the offseason, there's no point in scounting Summer League or checking out those last 5 guys on the 20 man roster.
  • Add preseason games for the same reason above, make me think about those last cuts.

Coaches
  • More coaches. More REAL free agent coaches, more assistants. Like 4 REAL assistants per team.
  • Allow us to determine whether or not a player becomes a coach when they retire.
  • Show Coach's stats, just more information in general. The generic ones that are eventually hired can be "college" coaches with backstory, philosophy and stats and/or start as bottom of the totem pole assistants. That will allow us to build familiarity and connection with a generated coach rather than just his name, generated picture and C- offense D+ defense etc.
  • Add a full create a coach feature and the ability to fully edit generic coaches. Keep in mind when I suggested having up to 4 or 5 assistants instead of 1, they don't all have to be sitting courtside fully animated, not all of them sit on the bench in real life. Add maybe one more to the bench.
  • The 2025 Spurs should not have the same ACE settings as the 2018 Spurs. ACE is currently tied to the team, while System Proficiency is tied to the coach. Make ACE unique to the coach, if a coach goes to another team he should bring his freelance, ACE settings, as well as playbook with him.
  • Allow those things to be editable for coaches outside of played games. This would allow us to further create a unique identity for generic or created coaches.
  • Allow pace to be editable.

Schedule

As of now, the Team Rivals section is cool, but doesn't matter much. I'd like to see that change.
  • 2k should use the Team Rivals page to help create a smarter schedule after year 1.
  • The season should always open with two big rivalry games, one of which featuring the defending champions at home getting their rings.
  • Christmas Day should feature 5 games, 2 or 3 of which should be big rivalry games, including a Finals rematch.
  • On the note of champions, I'd love to see not only new championship banners and ring ceremonies at the beginning of each season for the defending champs on opening night, but these banners, as well as division titles, should be added to the arena.
  • If the above is added, allow us to bring teams's banners with them to new arenas.

Start Today

I'm sure it must be difficult to test this, but alas once again the same stat bugs plague what would otherwise be one of my favorite features.
  • Rookies and 2k added CAPs simply never have stats. They are skipped completely in box scores.
  • Games are sometimes added twice. Ex: After opening night's Boston Cleveland game, the Celtics were 0-2 the Cavs were 2-0 and players were averaging double what they did, such as Jaylen Brown averaging 50ppg (he scored 25 opening night). This has since been corrected, however in the Team Rivals page, the Cavs are still "2-0" vs the Celtics this year.
  • Many team stats such as PIP are very incorrect as well. Some are skipped ovee such as Pace.

Miscellaneous
  • Change the order of stats appearing in the player cards back to how they used to be at least, with games played, started and minutes closer to the front. Also, add Original Contract Length to contract page.
  • Give us the option to determine the exact dollar amount of the salary cap during the League Meetings
  • Allow us access to all rule changes rather than just the randomly generated ones to give us more control over how we want our league to play out.
  • Differentiate between played game injury and simmed game injury sliders.
  • When manually assigning an injury, make scrolling quicker by grouping each injury together by body part.

Part 2 with CBA corrections incoming...

PSN: MiiikeMarsh

Last edited by Mikelopedia; 10-22-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #71
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Like many others have said, during regression, players should take the biggest hit to their athletic attributes, not their shooting and IQ.
This.

And to add to that, athletic attributes should be the first to go. They should decline a year or two earlier than other attributes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #72
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2
Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List

a fully featured MLO would be the greatest thing in the world

ALSO CAN YOU GET RID OF THIS DAMN KEEPER SYSTEM ? That sh!t never works.
In our MLO most of the players got assigned to another teams...There are errors all over the place..
Its been 2 damn years in a row !!!

Last edited by nddot; 10-25-2017 at 06:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »