Home

Basketball IQ Within Community?

This is a discussion on Basketball IQ Within Community? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #41
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Basketball IQ Within Community?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2K2
fair enough...but there is a LOT of middle ground between being a basketball savant and playing like you've never picked up a ball or watched an NBA game in your life....some of these players are friggen awful and i'm not sure how they could be having fun when playing so bad and losing all the time...but, i understand your point for the most part....the game is supposed to be fun first and foremost....but if you want to jack and have an iso fest....play mycareer....that style simply does NOT translate to winning even in 2k...not sure how losing all the time and shooting 2/9 can be fun ya know?
I played against somebody who was 7-55.

That is resiliency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2017, 10:17 PM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
More like it's just people who are selfish in real life and it's reflected in their gameplay by jacking up every shot.

If you want to do that **** and try be a hero, stick to the single player modes. I'm a pure playmaker who loves passing yet if I never get the ball in order to set people up then what's the point?

The gameplay by randoms in park just sums up how selfish society in general is to me.
You have the option to not play with randoms tho. Hopping on a court with randoms and expecting a legit immersive and fun filled experience is naive especially with the way ALL games online are and have always been. If you want a players that play their role then get a squad.

When I hope into a pro am game or a park game with randoms it's always a gamble. If I get a team that plays well cool. But if I get hogs or low IQ guys I don't come to the forums and complain about how ppl are selfish and etc.

I get it....some ppl play video games for themselves. But at the same time, you can't just say 'oh this random sucks' as if they are not a random and you didn't roll the dice by playing with them. This can be avoided by playing with ppl you know or finding a team. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaido
I think the conversation has gotten out of hand from having a real bball iq to just having common sense when approaching basketball to share the ball with your teammates and not jack up the worst possible shot. It's fine when you're playing by yourself, but when you're online with other teammates wanting to win, we expect some common decency not to screw us over by doing stupid things.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
You're expecting too much from ppl u don't know. If u really wanna win that bad or have good time then turn your mic on or make friends and get a squad.

I understand ppl have social issues like anxiety and etc because I suffer from social anxiety myself...but at the same time, if I'm playing a game and getting upset with ppl who are playing selfishly or not the right way a team should play, I make a party and invite them, I turn my mic on or I invite them and we talk what roles we are and we play as a team. But I don't just keep quiet and say "oh these guys have terrible IQ this is why I hate playing this game"

It can be fun if you open up and actually talk. If ppl are a holes then yes,by all means that ruins things but majority of ppl in the community are cool, even if they are a holes to start if you just keep it calm they'll eventually come around.

I've been in pro am games and turned my mic on when we were losing and started asking ppl what build they have and etc and they were talking mad trash but I'm like 'yo we can win just tell me yall builds and I'll adapt' soon they stopped talking crazy and we actually won.

Yes playing with randoms is a gamble. But it's not a death sentence by getting on with a random. And if it is, just find a squad. This site is full of ppl who play together and who you can play with.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoTill
Not only do coaches(Coach Nick at BBallBreakdown) play this game but 12 year old kids who like basketball do as well.
this is the single most overlooked aspect in all of online gaming. for every 29-year-old "badass" with a 2.43 kdr, there's three 11-year-olds just trying to play. this applies to virtually every game's community.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:34 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
You're expecting too much from ppl u don't know. If u really wanna win that bad or have good time then turn your mic on or make friends and get a squad.

I understand ppl have social issues like anxiety and etc because I suffer from social anxiety myself...but at the same time, if I'm playing a game and getting upset with ppl who are playing selfishly or not the right way a team should play, I make a party and invite them, I turn my mic on or I invite them and we talk what roles we are and we play as a team. But I don't just keep quiet and say "oh these guys have terrible IQ this is why I hate playing this game"

It can be fun if you open up and actually talk. If ppl are a holes then yes,by all means that ruins things but majority of ppl in the community are cool, even if they are a holes to start if you just keep it calm they'll eventually come around.

I've been in pro am games and turned my mic on when we were losing and started asking ppl what build they have and etc and they were talking mad trash but I'm like 'yo we can win just tell me yall builds and I'll adapt' soon they stopped talking crazy and we actually won.

Yes playing with randoms is a gamble. But it's not a death sentence by getting on with a random. And if it is, just find a squad. This site is full of ppl who play together and who you can play with.
Is it really asking too much to pass to the open guy when drive to the lane and the defense collapses on you? Is it really too much to ask to not shoot from half court the moment you take one dribble or continuously take bad shots when you're being heavily contested and you've gone cold? It's it really asking too much to not hold on to the ball so long and pass when it's too late and causes an unnecessary turnover?

It's not that you want to win the game so bad that you never expect to lose, it's just you want to lose because the other team was better. It sucks to lose a game because your team beat itself without the other team having to work for it, solely because you had an ahole on your team trying to be Westbrook playing hero ball. Honestly most of us are happy when the ball moves around, equally shared between all teammates. If you still lose that way, you can take the L pretty easy and play another game.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #46
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Now people want 5 out removed instead of learning how to stop it. That's not how the NBA works.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct

You must get some unicorn randoms then. I can understand like 50% of randoms suck, but when the VAAAST majority of randoms are absolutely clueless, it gets a little annoying. The 2K community needs to step up their game, period. The amount of ignorance during games when it comes to basketball is off the charts. Finding decent randoms is a unicorn experience. Silver lining is at least you're able to get some badges in these online modes - which is why I play walkon alot, it's faster than squading up or if no friends are on. Also, half the problem is people who don't use 2k cam. 2k cam you can see all the passing angles, gaps in the defense, and it's easier to play team defense. If half these noobs would just learn what DPAD Right means, it'd help them get a clue.

Also, it's not just "people suck at the game", it's that they are PROUD of it. They'd rather lose their way then take advice from someone. And when you actually do try to give them advice, you end up banned by Xbox lol if you included colorful language. It's a no win. Bottom line, the NBA 2K random community is one of the worst. I think it's all the nba live transplants that started it all. The game used to have a way more sim community.

Last edited by Keith01; 10-15-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:08 PM   #48
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

It's not just a NBA 2k community thing so I don't think its people who came over from NBA Live, I play a lot of FIFA Pro Club and their drop ins are just as bad if not worst than the NBA 2k community. I get that its a completely different sport but just know we're not the only ones who have IQ issues in team sport.

Last edited by infam0us; 10-15-2017 at 10:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »