Home

2K19: Long Pass Spam

This is a discussion on 2K19: Long Pass Spam within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #33
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2K19: Long Pass Spam

Another reason the belief that "these passes are ok" thing doesn't jive is because imagine McConnell is Steph curry or any good shooter in the play below he scores...defenses are just gonna concede him an open shot like that? I doubt it.

And finally, if you're OK with those reactions...you have to be OK with them everywhere on the court...

When passes are thrown into the paint to elite scorers (or anyone for that matter) it breaks the game because, News Flash: They're in automatic scoring position...and if you think they're not gonna convert at a high rate you're crazy.

Still OK with defenders sitting and watching?

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-07-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:12 PM   #34
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Another reason the belief that "these passes are ok" thing doesn't jive is because imagine McConnell is Steph curry or any good shooter...defenses are just gonna concede him an open shot like that? I doubt it.

And finally, if you're OK with those reactions...you have to be OK with them everywhere on the court...

When passes are thrown into the paint to elite scorers (or anyone for that matter) it breaks the game because, News Flash: They're in automatic scoring position...and if you think they're not gonna convert at a high rate you're crazy.

No, we shouldn't put 'long passes' in a box because that's how we go from one extreme to another.

I mean, the should just fly out of bounds in this video? I definitely cant vibe with that. The solution should be Joel Embid in proper position facing Cousins.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #35
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
No, we shouldn't put 'long passes' in a box because that's how we go from one extreme to another.

I mean, the should just fly out of bounds in this video? I definitely cant vibe with that. The solution should be Joel Embid in proper position facing Cousins.

Yeah, bogus outcomes as a band-aid to deal with flawed defensive transition logic is doubling down on bad design. Fixing the defensive awareness, positioning, and reaction time is the only viable solution.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #36
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

No more elementary fumbling passes and throwing good passes out of bounds . Just give the defense better awareness and tools to combat it.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-06-2018, 11:04 PM   #37
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Another reason the belief that "these passes are ok" thing doesn't jive is because imagine McConnell is Steph curry or any good shooter...defenses are just gonna concede him an open shot like that? I doubt it.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yeah, bogus outcomes as a band-aid to deal with flawed defensive transition logic is doubling down on bad design. Fixing the defensive awareness, positioning, and reaction time is the only viable solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
No more elementary fumbling passes and throwing good passes out of bounds . Just give the defense better awareness and tools to combat it.
So guys.... I've just played a bunch of games just because this thread is pissing me off lol. I found out what the problem is!

It's Joel Embid.....

His pass perception is 64. That's the defensive radar I've been talking about. I just played my cousin in a few games just to try out some passes I've seen from Kush. Kushmir keeps showing us Sixers clips. I basically couldn't make any of the passes against anyone over 70. Also notice the league avg for Center position was 64.

One of the other things I want to mention. Is that you can not spam long passes the whole game and expect to win. Too many turnovers and ball fumbling animations to stay in a game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-06-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:50 AM   #38
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:

The MAIN solution should be proper awareness/positioning by Embiid and other defenders...we can move more than one needle tho.

I'm not advocating not being able to make long passes. But just like elite shooters miss shots....elite passers miss as well. They just have a much higher ratio of makes than everyone else.

2K has to be careful not to copy Maddens 'perfection model' that rewards user agency by having zero mistakes, curry and other shooters hitting every open 3....that kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-07-2018 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:15 AM   #39
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
The MAIN solution should be proper awareness/poisoning by Embiid and other defenders...we can move more than one needle tho.

I'm not advocating not being able to make long passes. But just like elite shooters miss shots....elite passers miss as well. They just have a much higher ratio of makes than everyone else.

2K has to be careful not to copy Maddens 'perfection model' that rewards user agency by having zero mistakes, curry and other shooters hitting every open 3....that kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Operation Sports mobile app
I've heard this said a few times now in this thread. I'm talking about comparing Madden Dev to 2k Dev. Why are we talking about Madden Dev here? 2k has dropped new small updates to their System. Like... The defensive radar I just brought up. Users just can't lead pass into the lane like years before. Even the title of this thread is wrong. It's not possible to spam long passes and be successful. 2k16 was bad. Until they patched. Problem was you couldn't throw any long passes after that. 2k17 was just as bad. This year they actually fixed it (IMO). They actually took my suggest I posted over and over the last 2 years. Good passes can make the pass to an open player. If he's covered he should fumble the ball. If the defender is covering him. He loses the ball. A bad passers should be able to hit a open player. But it's a dice roll if the fumble animation happens. But a bad passers won't be able to hit a covered player. I've tried it does not work.

I just don't agree with this rhetoric that 2k is sitting in their *** not improving the gameplay. I wouldn't come back to this game every year if that was the case.

Also your saying Lonzo Ball shouldn't be able to hit a long pass? I'm confused about what your asking for now after this post. Are you saying Lonzo Ball (who passes very well) shouldn't or should be able to make long passes?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-07-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:02 AM   #40
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Also your saying Lonzo Ball shouldn't be able to hit a long pass? I'm confused about what your asking for now after this post. Are you saying Lonzo Ball (who passes very well) shouldn't or should be able to make long passes?
*Sigh*...all the times i've said good passers should be able to make long passes:

1. "Hit ahead passes when no defender is there? FINE. I've got zero issue with a good passer making that play."

2. "Long passes In the correct situation is the operative term...i've never had a problem there."

3. "I'm not advocating not being able to make long passes."

At some point you're going to have to address what i'm ACTUALLY saying and not what your IMAGINATION is telling you.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-07-2018 at 10:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »