Home

What is up w Lebron and player models? (Pics inside)

This is a discussion on What is up w Lebron and player models? (Pics inside) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What is up w Lebron and player models? (Pics inside)

They need put more emphasis on muscles I agree but I ain't staring at buttcheeks

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-19-2018, 06:25 PM   #18
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
It seems like atmopshere and the player models have been a step behind the series lately. While I don't like Live as much, I do think their player models are more realistic looking. It's just a preference though. In some way, I honestly feel the players looked better on the old systems. The legends faces were more meticulously scanned, and I remember when we made the jump to 14, I was like "what did they do to Jordan's face and Bird's hair?" When I saw Jordan's face on NBA 2k11 for the first time, I was shocked how good his face looked. They have better scanning tech now and the faces look worse in 18. That should not be the case. Unacceptable. Call it lazy, or they just don't care, but they need to address it.
You need a better tv or eyes checked. The faces textures may have had more realistic look but the overall faces were not as good as they are now. It's not even close.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 07-19-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #19
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
It seems like atmopshere and the player models have been a step behind the series lately. While I don't like Live as much, I do think their player models are more realistic looking. It's just a preference though. In some way, I honestly feel the players looked better on the old systems. The legends faces were more meticulously scanned, and I remember when we made the jump to 14, I was like "what did they do to Jordan's face and Bird's hair?" When I saw Jordan's face on NBA 2k11 for the first time, I was shocked how good his face looked. They have better scanning tech now and the faces look worse in 18. That should not be the case. Unacceptable. Call it lazy, or they just don't care, but they need to address it.
Live's player model has overall better limb length (arm, legs) and torso proportions. Live 18 players also have butts.

If anyone gets a chance, do a screen grab of the taller players leg length versus their real life counterparts, especially Anthony Davis. 2k Davis' legs looks like a small stump compared to his real self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth11
They need put more emphasis on muscles I agree but I ain't staring at buttcheeks

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
You don't need to be staring at the player's buttcheeks nor finger nails, teeth and nostrils, but 2k has devoted time to the latter to ensure realism is taken into account.

The gluteus maximus is important to athletic movements, stability, etc. The glutes are one of the strongest muscles in the human body. To get a player's physique correct, recreating the gluteal region is just as important as the arms, torso, legs, neck, head, foot, etc. As it stands, 2k18 and likely 2k19 players will have the same type of butts - flat.

EDIT: By the way, I can't see any of the screenshots. All I get is this image below for the majority of image attachments. Never ever been a problem in the past.
Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-19-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:59 PM   #20
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Live's player model has overall better limb length (arm, legs) and torso proportions. Live 18 players also have butts.

If anyone gets a chance, do a screen grab of the taller players leg length versus their real life counterparts, especially Anthony Davis. 2k Davis' legs looks like a small stump compared to his real self.

You don't need to be staring at the player's buttcheeks nor finger nails, teeth and nostrils, but 2k has devoted time to the latter to ensure realism is taken into account.

The gluteus maximus is important to athletic movements, stability, etc. The glutes are one of the strongest muscles in the human body. To get a player's physique correct, recreating the gluteal region is just as important as the arms, torso, legs, neck, head, foot, etc. As it stands, 2k18 and likely 2k19 players will have the same type of butts - flat.

EDIT: By the way, I can't see any of the screenshots. All I get is this image below for the majority of image attachments. Never ever been a problem in the past.
Spoiler

Agree 100% with everything you said. Try OS app to view pics. I know I might be annoying some ppl complaining about this stuff. But player models are the most fundamental graphical aspect. I’m not trying to call 2k lazy or anything, but if we continue to complain and give reverence pics maybe something can be done.

One aspect I would call them borderline lazy for is how bad the non Nike jerseys look. Colors, piping,collars, even wordmarks are so off. You could outsource work to some kids in India for pennies on the dollar and get it all fixed. I can’t even play with Olajuwon rockets because their uniforms look hot pink.

2k hyped their “scanning” of the new Nike jerseys last year...dude just get a kid who’s decent at photoshop give him access to google and they’ll all look perfect. Just look at how good the pro evo Soccer community edited unis are. They’re perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Calling the developers lazy directly or indirectly isnt going to fly. Most of us have been here long enough to know that, fellas. Let's reel it in and keep that in mind going forward while giving feedback.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 07-20-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2018, 07:41 AM   #22
Rookie

PeacemanNOT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Agree 100% with everything you said. Try OS app to view pics. I know I might be annoying some ppl complaining about this stuff. But player models are the most fundamental graphical aspect. I’m not trying to call 2k lazy or anything, but if we continue to complain and give reverence pics maybe something can be done.

One aspect I would call them borderline lazy for is how bad the non Nike jerseys look. Colors, piping,collars, even wordmarks are so off. You could outsource work to some kids in India for pennies on the dollar and get it all fixed. I can’t even play with Olajuwon rockets because their uniforms look hot pink.

2k hyped their “scanning” of the new Nike jerseys last year...dude just get a kid who’s decent at photoshop give him access to google and they’ll all look perfect. Just look at how good the pro evo Soccer community edited unis are. They’re perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Think you might be interested in this:

https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopi...f=236&t=104142
Old 07-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Calling the developers lazy directly or indirectly isnt going to fly. Most of us have been here long enough to know that, fellas. Let's reel it in and keep that in mind going forward while giving feedback.

It's just frustrating seeing the player models and lighting looking almost exactly the same as the images and videos roll out. It just makes some of us think like what has the art team really done in the past year when it comes to fixing those issues that we've given them feedback on in this past year? Obviously we don't expect some huge jump in graphics at this point, but when it comes to incorrect body types, dark arena lighting, incorrect colors, etc. those are things we have been asking to be corrected all year. Just wish we had more communication with the art team like we do with the gameplay producers.

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 07-20-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:17 AM   #24
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
You need a better tv or eyes checked. The faces textures may have had more realistic look but the overall faces were not as good as they are now. It's not even close.

I guess I need to be more specific, I just meant the body proportions and face scans were better for the Legends. Most 2k fans know that nba 2k11 still had the best face scan of Jordan. He hasn't been near that quality since. The new guys, yeah, they def look better. But body proportions still seem off to me. It was never discussed on past gen 2k games. It was always spot on IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »