Home

NBA 2K19 Gameplay Videos - Lakers vs. Bucks, Rockets vs. Warriors, Pelicans vs. 76ers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Gameplay Videos - Lakers vs. Bucks, Rockets vs. Warriors, Pelicans vs. 76ers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #57
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K19 Gameplay Videos - Lakers vs. Bucks, Rockets vs. Warriors, Pelicans vs. 7

What is considered a lightly contested and heavily contested shot looks good on the videos. If 19 has eliminated bogus and out of position contests then they can now lower open shot percentages to create realistic shooting percentages.

Looks good so far.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #58
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
I was hoping 2K would add layups and dunks in the pre-game warmup. Have a few of the players stretching with the trainer on the floor example. Would add that much more to the realism. I like what i see so far. Can't wait to get my hands on my copy of NBA 2K19.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Gameplay Lakers vs Bucks, Rockets vs Warriors, Pelicans vs 76ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
The 2K studio looks good, and the pregame hype package for the Bucks V Lakers game is tough.

LeBron now has base 2 as his default base. Finally

What do you mean base 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #60
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Re: NBA 2K19 Gameplay Videos - Lakers vs. Bucks, Rockets vs. Warriors, Pelicans vs. 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
What is considered a lightly contested and heavily contested shot looks good on the videos. If 19 has eliminated bogus and out of position contests then they can now lower open shot percentages to create realistic shooting percentages.

Looks good so far.
Yh that's one thing i'm really liking too...the way they've changed the shot contest. Looks like you have to actively play better defense now to get better shot contest. No more just standing in front/behind guys or coming with late contest attempts and still getting heavily contested.

Last edited by WarMMA; 08-27-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #61
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm fine with the graphics. I"m not expecting something that's going to blow my mind graphically until next gen and to be honest I'm perfectly happy with the way they are. I remember playing and falling in love with NBA Jam 2000 on the N64 and was just dreaming that there would be a day when basketball video games would look like this.

I do feel we could use some new presentation. I don't feel like it's changed a whole lot since 2k15 and I'd like to see more stat overlays more often. Also I feel like the crowd noises and interaction is better on Live.

On the gameplay front, as an offline player, I really liked 2k18. I know a lot of people were complaining about the blow-by or whatever but I didn't have that issue playing against CPU. I don't like playing against strangers for that exact reason. People like to spam. As on offline player I felt like 2k18 had just the right amount of challenge. I had some of my favorite games I've ever had on a basketball game on 2k18. That being said, I'm looking forward to the upgrades but I hope something isn't so drastically different that it causes me problems.

But, regardless of everything else I'm just stoked for the MyLeague upgrades. I'd pay 60 bucks just for those, barring everything works properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 06:44 PM   #62
Rookie

Gameplay still looks really choppy, cluttered, stiff, and unnatural. It’s just doesn’t flow. Movement is still very bad.

LeBron’s jumpshot is still off as well.

Lighting/graphics in the Bucks arena looks amazing. I can see why people say it looks clayish and cartoonish but I’m actually not so opposed to that. It’s a virtual basketball world and it looks really crisp and sharp in that video.

2k has a long way to catching live in fluidity and player movement.

Presentation wise I liked the intro. But the rest of the presentation has gotten stale and unexciting. It’s like listening to a song a thousand times. It loses its luster. Mix it up a bit and drop some new tracks and lyrics.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:46 PM   #63
Rookie

RaiXVortex's Arena

Re: NBA 2K19 Gameplay Lakers vs Bucks, Rockets vs Warriors, Pelicans vs 76ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
LMAO I'm just making the point that if you update hair for guys who aren't famous for being good yet...update other guys. Helps with Immersion.

And Lonzo was last among all guards in shooting: 36% FG, 30% from deep and 45% FT...thats not as much hate as it is telling the truth--he can't shoot.
The game of basketball isnt all about scoring buddy. Lonzo does everything else well and by the end of this year you'll be quiet. Worry about ben "scared to shoot a j" simmons
Old 08-27-2018, 06:50 PM   #64
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Yh that's one thing i'm really liking too...the way they've changed the shot contest. Looks like you have to actively play better defense now to get better shot contest. No more just standing in front/behind guys or coming with late contest attempts and still getting heavily contested.
BS shot contests has so many negative effects on the game. Cleaning up shot contests, adding more contact on shots around the rim, limiting blow byes to the right players, improving ball tangibility, and bringing open shot percentages down below 50 percent is all I need from 19. Shot contest and blow byes looked improved.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »