Home

Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #1209
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetoman
Does anyone have a Start Today guide to do all these off season moves. I would do an actual roster download but people usually don’t edit the ages and years pro.
I just controlled all teams and made all of the same draft picks and trades that happened up until the draft then made all of the same draft selections that happened in real life. For trades unfortunately it won't let you trade anyone who's contract is "expired" including any player who is in their player option or team option years. For those players I just went in and edited their current contract as if the team or player option was accepted. So if they had a 1 year I edited that option to 1 year left on the contract, if they had 2 years of options I edited it so they had 1 more year then a 1 year player or team option. This allowed me to trade those players because in NBA 2k you can't trade a player whose contract is "expired" and the option phase is after the draft.

I now have a base file saved that I can use anytime to start just after the 2019 draft with the correct picks. I also had to turn the stepian rule off so I could trade first round picks around to get those right since you can't edit the lottery results. I'll turn it back on during the 2nd offseason. After the draft I turned back off user control on all of the teams except the one I wanted to run. I may go back after free agency and make all of those moves and start again but I don't know I'm having fun playing in year 2 with the way free agency ended up unfolding in the league.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2019, 11:57 AM   #1210
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
On offense, Ja is the point guard and Trae is the shooting guard. On defence it's reversed. But it's a bit of a counterproductive constellation. Unless you get the first pick, I would move down, get some value back for it, and go with the best available wing. RJ is a better fit than Ja, but his lack of shooting from range probably limits him within the Hawks' offense as well. DeAndre Hunter, Jarrett Culver, Cam Reddish and even Coby White (better shooter than Ja) makes better sense IM. If you get adequate value in return for moving down that is!
Yeah good point. I still like the idea, but I told myself not to screw it up this time by doing stuff just because I like the idea. I won't draft Barrett as his shot isnt there and I already played him in another MyLeague. So its either Zion or trade.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #1211
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmemole
Yeah good point. I still like the idea, but I told myself not to screw it up this time by doing stuff just because I like the idea. I won't draft Barrett as his shot isnt there and I already played him in another MyLeague. So its either Zion or trade.
If I run multiple franchises or myleagues I'll do the same thing and pass on a player in the draft just because I already drafted him in a previous league. Even if they perfectly fit with how I'm trying to build a team I'll get the urge to draft someone else and sometimes just have to tell myself he fits to good in to what I'm trying to do so I can't pass on him.

In your case though I would still have a hard time passing on JA though , he seems like he'd be a lot of fun to play with. Unfortunately in the first myleague I had going the Celtics took him before I could even though the re-signed Kyrie. 3 years in to that myleague he was still coming off of the bench for them as the 6th man and they still wouldn't trade him. I needed a PG badly but couldn't find any trade they would accept for him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2019, 05:04 PM   #1212
Rookie

Yeah, Im still into the Young/Morant-Combo to. Imagine if it works out. This could easily be the best scoring backcourt in the league. I guess Ill just wait out the lottery.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:53 AM   #1213
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

It could be that this has already been discussed in this thread somewhere but I was studying the rookie contracts and how to offer the rookies contract extensions.

I noticed that my rookies would alway be ineligible and have to become restricted free agents and I couldn't offer them a contract extension between the third and fourth year.

So, after a bit of digging, I figured out when and how the contract extension window is available and if your rookie is still undecided how to fix that problem at the beginning of the next season.

Here's a walkthrough.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:23 AM   #1214
Rookie

Any noticed that on MyGm and MyLeague that the Cpu teams never sign their 2nd round draft picks? All teams "decline" the signing. Has anyone found out why?
Old 07-02-2019, 10:39 AM   #1215
Rookie

Does the CPU make draft day trades anymore because I haven't seen them make them like they used to in 2k17
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2019, 10:41 AM   #1216
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
It could be that this has already been discussed in this thread somewhere but I was studying the rookie contracts and how to offer the rookies contract extensions.

I noticed that my rookies would alway be ineligible and have to become restricted free agents and I couldn't offer them a contract extension between the third and fourth year.

So, after a bit of digging, I figured out when and how the contract extension window is available and if your rookie is still undecided how to fix that problem at the beginning of the next season.

Here's a walkthrough.

Thanks!! Do you have a video over why the cpu controlled teams ALWAYS decline their 2nd round draft picks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »