Home

Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 03:27 PM   #433
Rookie

laflame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

Would like to see team state (rebuilding, contending, buying, selling) play more of a role in the offseason, particularly free agency. Also if the money is dried up I’d like to see players be willing to take less on one year deals, I had seen a few instances of this in 2k18 (Bosh, who is valued at 20+ mill signing a multi year deal for $10mil) but would like to see it be single year deals and for it to make sense for both the player and organization.

I guess I’ll do 30 team control through free agency but my god is monotonous.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #434
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by laflame
Would like to see team state (rebuilding, contending, buying, selling) play more of a role in the offseason, particularly free agency. Also if the money is dried up I’d like to see players be willing to take less on one year deals, I had seen a few instances of this in 2k18 (Bosh, who is valued at 20+ mill signing a multi year deal for $10mil) but would like to see it be single year deals and for it to make sense for both the player and organization.

I guess I’ll do 30 team control through free agency but my god is monotonous.
There may be a perfect ML tuning slider set for contracts, but I'm still seeing some of the same issues. One being 2nd rounders who aren't even good enough to be signed to a 2nd round contract getting 3 million (I think its based off potential) a year in FA. I even saw one where the Pelicans declined to sign their 2nd rounder only to offer him a larger contract as a free agent. Its why I just manually accept all 2nd rounders over 65. As for free agency and building states, I agree. You kind of have to police things, but I don't go too deep in the weeds. I manually make sure the KDs and LEBrons aren't signing with Sacramento, but I let the game handle the vast majority of free agency. I do edit the contracts I down some. I do allow for the occasional albatross contract, though.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:44 PM   #435
Rookie

laflame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
There may be a perfect ML tuning slider set for contracts, but I'm still seeing some of the same issues. One being 2nd rounders who aren't even good enough to be signed to a 2nd round contract getting 3 million (I think its based off potential) a year in FA. I even saw one where the Pelicans declined to sign their 2nd rounder only to offer him a larger contract as a free agent. Its why I just manually accept all 2nd rounders over 65. As for free agency and building states, I agree. You kind of have to police things, but I don't go too deep in the weeds. I manually make sure the KDs and LEBrons aren't signing with Sacramento, but I let the game handle the vast majority of free agency. I do edit the contracts I down some. I do allow for the occasional albatross contract, though.
Lol KD always ends up in Sacramento for me, the rumor is he’s meant to go to LA right now but I don’t blame the game given LA has so many high potential/highly rated small forwards. I haven’t seen too much double stacking of solid (85+ players) players like in years past, but I think someone who is gifted with the historic draft classes will need to go in and balance them.

The Wizards drafted Shaq with the number one overall pick, I changed his years played to 0 so he’d be a dominant and historic rookie but he still only averaged 16ppg, which I thought was weird given there’s few good big men in the league at this point. I check out the roster and he’s sitting behind a 90 overall center bald guy with no eyebrows (a la 2k12). Not sure if they added him in free agency or had him previously.

The historic draft classes are already very strong given each has multiple HoFers (pretty rare to see journeymen and role players since 2k doesn’t have licenses) so the generated/fake players shouldn’t develop into studs. But I will give 2k some credit a lot of teams are actually using their two way contracts and G league to develop rotation players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #436
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLG
Guys we've too many bugs to enjoy this mode. Let's report every bug (the G-League players who progress like stars and the mentor one) to 2K support if you haven't already do it. This mode is unplayable until the most important things are fixed

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
The G-League superstar rarely happens and guys go to the G-League and improve all of the time. The player mentorship one is annoying

Last edited by King Ken; 10-02-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:31 AM   #437
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

How are you guys able to play multiple seasons in my league? Always crashes in the off-season for me.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:46 AM   #438
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
How are you guys able to play multiple seasons in my league? Always crashes in the off-season for me.
I can't personally. Crashing during FA always occurs and sometimes in the draft.

Until they fix up G league and Euro stash players progressing at +4-5OVR per season I can't play it. The best players are all Euros and the league is stacked with talent - average OVR of a starter is probably 82 in 2030. Bench players are about 80.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:11 AM   #439
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
Right now my league is unplayable after few seasons the game crash when you start a new season or in a random window and later when you try to load your last save from my league the game says the file is corrupt if you had this problem report to 2k to make them fix it

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm seeing this "save file is corrupted, and cannot be loaded" error after a few days. I've stated a new season multiple times but always get this save file is corrupted error after a few days. I have a ticket open with 2K but have not gotten a resonse other than a generic reply.

Is everyone else not getting this same error? Any known fix? Any news on a possible patch?
Old 10-03-2018, 07:20 AM   #440
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
I got the blue screen crash once during the 3 day moritorium period, but that was it. I'm playing summer league now and everything is going smooth so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »