Home

Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #425
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

I've had a tough time sticking to a MyLeague this year. I think it's because the game is significantly more difficult than in year's past. The AI seems to actually know what it's doing on defense, which makes it borderline impossible for me to win with the teams that have the new rookies (like the Bulls with Carter or the Magic with Bamba, for example).

I had a great realistic MyLeague going with LAL and paired Butler with LeBron, but then Butler came out and said publicly that he had little interest in playing with LeBron. Kind of killed the realism for me, lol.

Anyway, I'm thinking about creating a 36 team MyLeague where I have the NBA expand internationally. I can go about this in a few ways. I can add real life teams like Real Madrid or FC Barcelona to the game or I can create fictional teams that will take on the official NBA branding. I'm leaning towards the second idea because I think it's more along the lines of what the NBA would do in real life.

So, with this in mind, I'm open to suggestions on which cities to expand internationally as well as advice on how many players to limit the initial expansion draft to (basically, whether teams should only be allowed to keep 6 players, which will significantly alter rotations across the league). I'm also tending towards letting the teams give up guys like Whiteside who are on big contracts when they have a suitable replacement (Adebayo) waiting in the wings.

The 6 cities I'm thinking of for expansion are:
- Mexico City
- London
- Madrid
- Barcelona
- Tokyo
- Shanghai

I don't know how realistic these options are, but I tend to think that the NBA could support a London-based team. Expansion into Asia seems logical due to the financial incentives, but I speculate that the required travel would make it unfeasible. However, it is a video game and I would like to see at least some of the expansion teams to enter the Western Conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 07:59 PM   #426
Rookie

Man, I forgot how many options MyLeague has. I started my league 3 days ago and still haven't played a game. Just tweaking, importing draft classes, setting games plans, scouting, practicing plays and the list goes on.

Haven't played 2k since 15.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by dasunsrule32; 10-01-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:48 AM   #427
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Does player mentorship work for anyone?
Old 10-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #428
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I made it through my first season. Houston swept the Celtics in the finals. It's weird to call a sweep close, but it was. No game was decided by more than 3 points.

Chicago won the draft lottery. I also manually traded Klay Thompson and Marc Gasoline there, as well as hired Larry Drew as coach.

I sent Jabari Parker to Utah, I think it works on a couple of levels.

I manually resigned KD and extended Draymond. As well as edited Jacob Evans up a bit to make up for Klay being gone.

I sent Boogie to Atlanta as the Hawks and Kings are the only teams with any real cap space. Plus the Hawks did make the playoffs and Boogie has proven to be back to his old self. Trae Young went up only 2 points, which I like as he averaged over 23 a game. But Barnseys edits seem to have curved the crazy progression he likely would have gotten.

I'm using JDS draft classes on the PS4 and Chicago took Corey Appling (a 6-5 combo guard) number 1. Boston ended up with the 2 pick (Kings) but I traded it to the Nets for Jarrett Allen and another 1st. Boston is in win now mode and already have too many blue chip prospects.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #429
Rookie

laflame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
Does player mentorship work for anyone?
I’m extremely salty it still is not working, I just want to make point forwards and sharp shooting centers.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #430
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Boston ended up with the 2 pick (Kings) but I traded it to the Nets for Jarrett Allen and another 1st. Boston is in win now mode and already have too many blue chip prospects.
That's a horrible trade for the Celtics.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #431
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Guys we've too many bugs to enjoy this mode. Let's report every bug (the G-League players who progress like stars and the mentor one) to 2K support if you haven't already do it. This mode is unplayable until the most important things are fixed

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #432
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelcloses5
That's a horrible trade for the Celtics.
I know it's not realistic. But I'd rather a needy team like the Nets get a great prospect than to have him rotting (the other good prospects are forwards) on Boston's bench. Plus, Boston's interior defense and lack of rim protection killed them in the finals. I was considering trading the pick for Gasol as Memphis needs talent too, but Gasol is an 85 and wants to get paid and win. I feel like the value Allen provides (he's an 80) and the Nets pick are realistic enough. Truthfully, none of the trades I have made are "realistic" as I use trades to essentially move players to teams I'd like to see them on. Crazy stuff happens if you let marquee players hit free agency.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »