Home

#StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta

This is a discussion on #StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: #StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
How was this not patched. It's like they purposely avoid fixing the obvious stuff.
No doubt.

I get lucky and both of these go out of bounds off them by why is this crap so viable? Reaching across my body to slap the ball away. Probably better off just blindly throwing the ball upcourt.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:01 PM   #58
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
What is 'meta'. Feel like that's some esports buzz word that most people don't know what it means. It's still basketball lol. Should contrast it with the real sport.
It just means certain mechanics has changed/affected the usual ruleset or strategy--spamming steal after a rebound and in the passing lanes is now a thing. You either do it or have to be competent avoiding it.

Its in the 2K19 ecosystem at this point.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #59
Pro

#StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta

These kinds of on ball and passing lane steals should only be effective by lockdown primary’s. Instead, at least to me, lockdown primary’s seem to be worse thieves then a pure sharp

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 11

To Kushmir, I didn't watch every video in this thread but I did watch the first one... and I did read through the whole thread to see if anyone else noticed/posted... you DID try to run the same halfcourt play for the entire first 2:30 of the game... so I hope you recognize what the other guy might be thinking when he sees that... I doubt you'll understand or consider my post so I'm gonna get out of here before everyone flames me but just felt like it needed to be said...
Old 10-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #61
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
so I'm gonna get out of here before everyone flames me but just felt like it needed to be said...
Its not that kinda thread....but I ran the play because passing/being stationary makes these guys spam steal. If you're thinking that's the only reason its effective i'd recommend looking at the other videos as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #62
Pro

Steal spam definitely needs a nerf. It's way worse than it was in 2k17 and that's a huge problem. I have no issue with passing lanes but there should be harsher penalties for gambling. Players are able to recover way to easy after missing a steal. Spamming should also take a WAY harder hit on stamina. On top of that you have non defensive archetype centers plucking guards with ease. It's a mess right now.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:54 AM   #63
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

2k should either set a reset timer after every steal attempt to prevent spamming or simply autocall foul if someone spams X within a certain amount time.

Because either way Ive never seen a defender hacking for the ball like a psychopath in the real nba.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #64
Banned

Had 13 last night, it was basically an auto steal for me if my PG pressed their PG and I came over to help. I'm a lockdown, also there were several passing lane steals where I didn't press a button

I feel like I should get steals, but 13 is way too much for a 20 min game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »