Home

#StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta

This is a discussion on #StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2018, 05:44 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: #StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Brooooooooo....your ad-libs got me crying real tears!

You on twitter?
Haha thanks man but naw I’m pretty quiet on social media these days. I hope some dude randomly finds my YouTube channel one day though and is like “Holy crap this guy sucks! Why would you record this?”
Old 09-28-2018, 06:11 PM   #34
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Haha thanks man but naw I’m pretty quiet on social media these days. I hope some dude randomly finds my YouTube channel one day though and is like “Holy crap this guy sucks! Why would you record this?”
Its fine...can I post these four vids tho? I didn't want to do it w/o permission.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:16 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Here’s what it looks like in Pro-Am/Rec.

On this one I have no idea where bro is passing it but I hit square as soon as he passes it like a great defender should and make a nice over the shoulder one handed snag like a modern day Terrell Owens.

Here I’m mad because I’ve just turned it over. In my rage I blindly mash square and make a slick no-look deflection on the outlet pass. “GOOD D!” exclaim my teammates. Pre natural awareness like Pippen, I have.

I know someone will say this was a good defensive play. And sure, dude obviously anticipated the pass. But he’s not even looking at me, wouldn’t know exactly where the ball was going but somehow palms it from point blank. A deflection? Maybe. Straight up gloving it like Gary Payton reborn? Naw.

Alright this guy clearly noticed the intended target. So he proceeds to accelerate like the Flash, moving faster than the ball, to run this one down. Puts Richard Sherman to shame.

The last one x 10000000 look at how quickly he accelerates, it looks like they took frames out of the animations he's moving so fast.

"simulation"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 06:29 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Its fine...can I post these four vids tho? I didn't want to do it w/o permission.
Oh yeah go nuts!
Old 09-28-2018, 07:14 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 3

The stealing in the passing Lanes is overdone, just as is the ability to steal the ball from the rebounder. There needs to be a stiff stamina penalty for your attempts, even if successful, and harsh penalties if you whiff.

Also the needs to be some further level of skill involved. You shouldn't be able to steal both bounce passes and lob passes with a simple tap of square. Square should be to steal chest passes, down and square for low passes and up and square should be to steal High passes.

And to add to that, overhead passes to a recipient who is at least 20 feet away should have more arc on them. Defenders are standing flat-footed and stealing passes to people who are across the court.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 09-28-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:04 PM   #38
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Spoiler
That high/low steal mechanic suggestion is perfect and should be tweeted to one of the developers. That’s certainly a very viable solution if not this year, at least next year.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-28-2018, 09:23 PM   #39
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
That high/low steal mechanic suggestion is perfect and should be tweeted to one of the developers. That’s certainly a very viable solution if not this year, at least next year.
It really is. I'd also like to see the ability to lob passes for the same reason (tap X or the button if you often icon pass like me) We definitely need to see a skill based steal system require more from the user. I'd like to see the R-Stick be pushed in the direction of the pass (relative to the defender) for steal success--and like was mentioned, failure has to have consequences....contact and reaching fouls and stamina as well.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #40
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Spoiler
Skilled based stealing, hashtag that.

I’ve been silently waiting for a video of a proper successful steal attempt seeing as how every single video posted is a no no, even a single isolated steal attempt seems to be a no no.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »