Home

#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

This is a discussion on #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Also, that "Drive to Key" is STILL displacing defenders three years after we first talked about it is.....disappointing.

Its the literal definition of a Single Outcome and exploitative gameplay because it ignores matchup and rating and pushes the defender back under the basket and forces them into a "stunned" animation in every instance:

Where are the Charge, Loose Ball and Failed Outcomes where the defender forces the offensive player to pickup his dribble? Here it is in 2K17 when cheesers used it to spam dunks:

2K18: Thon Maker moving Embiid is comical. SHOCKER: Its used in an end-of-game situation when a score is needed.

And alas, this year:

What we NEED to see more often:

Also: Defenders can't double down AND recover to the 3pt line...that it happens in gameplay is a major size of the court/speed/movement issue. They have to choose one or the other--Its been in gameplay too long. 2K20 has to correct this.

I just saw this, it's a preach, agree with all.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:39 PM   #114
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

The steal spam after a rebound is here to stay--and Neutral Outcomes are the culprit. Its an all-reward, zero-risk proposition--which is one of the reasons we'll continue to see it unless there are major changes to a very broken steal system.

Better design would have defensive players anticipate the type of pass that is coming like I described here: http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2018/10/h2...rt-2.html#more

It would also have steal attempts fatigue players and differentiate passing lane steals (R2+Right Stick) from on-ball steals (Right Stick towards the ball--eliminates spamming steals blind) instead of one-button-to-rule-them-all. Missed Steals should be whistled or the defender's momentum should take him out of the play like we saw in 2K16:

The clip below is every miss in the 4th quarter by a recent opponent. He swipes for a steal after every single rebound....not one foul is called. Not once does his missing steals take him out of position. This has to change in 2K20.

Ibaka's steal rating is 37, any system that allows him to spam steal like this and benefit is BROKEN. Neutral Outcomes like the one at 3:33 when he misses break the game. Passing right to Ibaka when McConnell is upcourt? This isn't how to make defense better.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-24-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #115
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

The Double Team has to be BALANCED. Has to be....its been OP long enough.

Lost to this guy on Christmas who was good no doubt, but couldn't beat me in a million years if gameplay was better:

1. He spammed steal endlessly (no fouls: shocker)

2. Long Passed vs my clueless transition defenders (I can't control everyone, we need gameplay's help here re: them being competent)

3. I'm up with less than a minute left and Ben gets back and then stays below the FT on defense on Kyrie Irving in transition...BANG. (again, we cant control everyone--we need gameplay's help to do really basic stuff like stop ball)

4. Lastly (and most importantly) the double team makes guys pick up their dribble and forces bad passes--which is really bad enough by itself. But also wipes out play-calls....which is an absolute KILLER in an end-of-game situation. It simply cannot be this powerful and not have a downside--literally all the outcomes favor the defense.

Here's a blog I did about it: http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2018/12/ba...uble-team.html

Here's video of the DTs:

Here's another. End of game situation, DT breaks the playcall.

And here too. No excuse for bad passes in these situations if cheesers can throw the ball the length of the court on the money.

AGAIN: The DT can't tie guys up AND have bad pass outcomes. Cheesers are having a field day. Combined with passing lane steals it breaks the game. Notice how in the 1st video Chandler and Embiid are clueless. They're both in the same area allowing the user-controlled Morris to be in good position for a pass to either.

Another "so-called" elite player here: In the 4th you'll notice he either calls for PNR (the AI can't handle it--i'm playing Catch Hedge on every screen-roll and STILL have to go into the match-ups screen and select stay attached for them to not leave the roller open--sometimes ) Double-Teams or throws the long pass. All broken parts of the game....I haven't even mentioned the passing into the paint with defenders in position. This can't exist in the H2H environment.

This guy spams the long pass and pauses during FTs? This can't be what being "elite" at 2K means.

./

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-24-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2018, 07:21 AM   #116
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Players that are not speedy point guards or up-tempo shooting guards Have a tendency to just lazily run up the court even though they may be pushing the fast break or running back on defense. they don’t run very fast looks like a nonhustle run I hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 01-03-2019, 07:02 AM   #117
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Reminder how bad the DT pass logic is, and how it will prioritize the pass most likely to be stolen--this isn't how to make defenses better. This is how you create exploits in gameplay that cheesers will take advantage of.

Here's the first, Embiid open and available, but nope. Pass goes to Jimmy Butler with Horford in the middle of the lane.

Aother...Embiid wide open but pass goes to Korkmaz?

Last one: I anticipate Jimmy and JJ going to the wings to spread out the zone, here again: A cut to the rim BEHIND the defense.

The other issue is the offensive players cutting BEHIND the defensive player instead of in front of them making themselves available for a pass...and lastly, how the players DT are constantly swiping and making contact but never have foul outcomes.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-03-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:58 AM   #118
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

OVR: 0

I would love to see a true retro mode..retro filters for classic teams like they had before..I believe 2k11. And a legends showcase brought back for myleague play..unique broadcast and presentation for classic games. An option for offline my league player to purchase all of the myteam old school players that are unique to that mode. Many would pay for a download just like legends showcase in 2k12 I believe. Addition of goggles and tattoos for CAPS outside of myplayer. Ability to edit short length to short, medium and long. Bring back lighting of 2k14. Make the colors really pop and standout. Enhance the crowds and arena sounds. Increase the presentation when you win the championship. Bring back more signature animations of classic players.. Expand on draft classes...awesome feature. Just a few non gameplay ideas..

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2019, 12:35 PM   #119
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Players that are not speedy point guards or up-tempo shooting guards Have a tendency to just lazily run up the court even though they may be pushing the fast break or running back on defense. they don’t run very fast looks like a nonhustle run I hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Full agreement... Speed as a whole needs to be revamped.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #120
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Zone has to come out of the game if our offensive players (Offensive Consistency has literally no use if it doesn't factor in here) are clueless what do when an opponent does it. A 90 rated offensive player (Butler) with an 85 3pt rating doesnt know what to do here? Its bad enough zones don't have their real-life weaknesses of wing shooting/offensive rebounds and stopping penetration from the top....but to allow it a ridiculous amount of passing lane steals as well? C'MON.

Part 1 - Look at my wings here. Common sense would have my best 3pt shooters stay wide to give the offense spacing:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg butler spacing.jpg (155.0 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-12-2019 at 07:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »