Home

MLO Community: Post Issues/Errors/Disconnects Here - Communicated Directly to 2k Dev

This is a discussion on MLO Community: Post Issues/Errors/Disconnects Here - Communicated Directly to 2k Dev within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2018, 03:31 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLO Community: Post Issues/Errors/Disconnects Here - Communicated Directly to 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepatowski
Patch released this morning. Can you try again and see if the patch may have fixed the issue? Not saying it will but I rather give the dev more information including if it happens after patch 5.
I just wanted to let you know i am still getting the same issue post-patch
Old 11-01-2018, 08:13 PM   #58
Rookie

Re: MLO Community: Post Issues/Errors/Disconnects Here - Communicated Directly to 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepatowski
Hey can you the information needed from the OP so that I can pass this to the developer?

Just happened to me again. We have 2 leagues and it’s happened in both. One is a fantasy draft league and the other is expansion.

Console: PS4
Gamertag(s): vandycraig32 and disasterpiece34 (this was the user playing...only single player game at that moment)
Timestamp (include timezone): 6:30 central
League File Name: themaxrewardbluecollar
Issue: freezing at end game screen or stuck ‘syncing’
Old 11-02-2018, 02:00 AM   #59
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

PS4
MiiikeMarsh and ochocinco123
MLBA test1 and MLBA test 2
Nov 2 about 1 am and 1:30 am est

So our league has a fantasy draft this sunday with 30 users. Ocho and I ran two test drafts (with just the 2 of us) and heres what we found.

-As the admin, I could not ready up in league lobby

-Saw Ocho enter, but couldnt see his ready up

-expired timer to enter lobby, Ocho got right in. However in both drafts, I had to exit the league and re enter in order to get to the lobby where i see the player pool.

-first draft we had some cpu teams in between us. I had first pick, when timer expired to start, it hung at 0 but then had me on the clock with 1:14 left instead of the full 1:30. Once I would make my selection, it would skip to Ochos pick with 1:14 or 1:15 left on his clock. He never saw the CPU teams before him pick.

-second draft we made our picks back to back. We still would get shorted 15-20 seconds most of the time. However there was one occurrence where I picked, and Ocho had the next 2 but both of his picks were skilled completely. Another instance he made his pick with 5 seconds left and i got shorted 40 seconds that time.

So it seemed like as long as we dont use alot of the timer to pick the next guy should get their pick with 1:15 or so left.

BUT

These issues were only with 2 users at 1:30am on a thursday night/friday morning.
Im concerned about 30 users on a sunday evening.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 11-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
PS4
MiiikeMarsh and ochocinco123
MLBA test1 and MLBA test 2
Nov 2 about 1 am and 1:30 am est

So our league has a fantasy draft this sunday with 30 users. Ocho and I ran two test drafts (with just the 2 of us) and heres what we found.

-As the admin, I could not ready up in league lobby

-Saw Ocho enter, but couldnt see his ready up

-expired timer to enter lobby, Ocho got right in. However in both drafts, I had to exit the league and re enter in order to get to the lobby where i see the player pool.

-first draft we had some cpu teams in between us. I had first pick, when timer expired to start, it hung at 0 but then had me on the clock with 1:14 left instead of the full 1:30. Once I would make my selection, it would skip to Ochos pick with 1:14 or 1:15 left on his clock. He never saw the CPU teams before him pick.

-second draft we made our picks back to back. We still would get shorted 15-20 seconds most of the time. However there was one occurrence where I picked, and Ocho had the next 2 but both of his picks were skilled completely. Another instance he made his pick with 5 seconds left and i got shorted 40 seconds that time.

So it seemed like as long as we dont use alot of the timer to pick the next guy should get their pick with 1:15 or so left.

BUT

These issues were only with 2 users at 1:30am on a thursday night/friday morning.
Im concerned about 30 users on a sunday evening.
jeez, not being able to run through a full MLO season makes it almost unplayable. Not being able to properly get thru a fantasy draft for MLO makes it unplayable. i hope this is fixed soon because my friends and i were hyped befor ethe game came out to have a proper league and play some games but that does seem to be the case.

On a unrelated note does anyone know if we can as the admin control CPU picks during the draft or no? for people who arent able to make the draft but have sent lists of who they want?
Old 11-02-2018, 02:41 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtv4
jeez, not being able to run through a full MLO season makes it almost unplayable. Not being able to properly get thru a fantasy draft for MLO makes it unplayable. i hope this is fixed soon because my friends and i were hyped befor ethe game came out to have a proper league and play some games but that does seem to be the case.

On a unrelated note does anyone know if we can as the admin control CPU picks during the draft or no? for people who arent able to make the draft but have sent lists of who they want?

Agree 100%. We got the game on release day and started our leagues. Everything was working great and seamless. After the last couple patches it has been unplayable. We’ve been able to play our games but it won’t save results. Of course when you sim the game to get through, our players get injured. We’ve shelved it until it gets better. No sense in playing a game that won’t save and I don’t want to just do quick games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #62
Rookie

ifeanyi18's Arena

PS4

Frishy037

The U League

Nov 2nd 11:53 AM

Users in my league got disconnected randomly at a dead ball.

****s getting ridiculous lol, been almost 2 months now. This is basically robbery for those who bought the game for just MLO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-03-2018, 11:41 PM   #63
Rookie

*Myleague Off-season Test with 2K Developer Update*

This post is long. We streamed the entire process which can be accessed here -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/37e5wa2ggm...ource.mp4?dl=0

We started streaming our chat about halfway in, including the dev chatting about the issues as well.

--------

So we had the privilege of testing myleague online off-season with a 2k developer.

- We made sure to have zero CPU teams but had roughly 10-15 people online at the same time to proceed through the off-season.

- We used the standard live timers.

- We gave the developer a team so that he could fully experience the Myleague Off-season with us while he took diligent notes, talked with the server engineers in real-time, and discuss issues that we're seeing real time when they popped up.

NOTE: We also made sure to run the Myleague Off-season during peak hours while there was a My-Team event running to get the most out of the server logs if issues happened.

In short, two words can explain our experience with the dev. Server issues.

Server issues. Server Issues. SERVER ISSUES.

Every step of the way we were faced with server issues just trying to get through the entire offseason. We started at approximately 12 PM EST and didn't stop until 4:00 PM. This was pretty much continuous except for a 30-minute break between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM. We didn't even get to the end.

Here's a summary of what happened. Keep in mind that the developer was involved in the off-season and is working to fix these issues.

1. Every time you do ANYTHING in the off-season, it has to talk to the 2k server. Changing timers, making a bid on a coach or player, choosing to "Ready Up", extending qualifying offers, even just getting through retirements requires you to request/receive information from the server.

To put it into simple terms, if the 2k server is messed up, your off-season will be messed up.

It was a PAIN to just get through each screen, and this was only with roughly 10 users. We didn't even have the entire 30 users. The servers would time out, the server would refuse a request (such as "Readying Up") and we would have to start the entire process over again.

2. So we got through the Player retirements, league re-alignments, and the draft lottery. Great start, right? We thought so.

Once we got to the Rule adjustments, we wanted to test some changes here. We wanted to test implementing a 16 team re-seeding, where there was no 8-team west/east seeding. Instead, it would be the best 16 teams. That and we wanted the lottery to be its own playoffs to get the best seed.

While we were doing this, we tried pausing the timers so we can add a rule. I guess the server rejected our request to pause since while it looked like it paused on the client side (what we see), once the server rejected it, the timer ran out and we were unable to add a rule.

Not a huge deal, we would just extend this time period next time so we have ample time to change rules.

2. The first major hurdle was the staff signings. I got my offer for two coaches in, but that's when the trouble started. We couldn't get to the confirmation page, so I still don't know if both accepted my offer.

We tried to "ready up", but with the timer being paused, it simply didn't work because the server kept rejecting the fact that we wanted to "ready up". That and any time we wanted to "ready up", it only showed me as being ready, yet we knew that all of the users were ready, so it should have shown 10 users ready instead of 1/30.

After we tried this option several times, we tried to advance to the next stage and completely skip the hiring coaches just to save time. Did not work as the server kept rejecting.

What finally worked is un-pausing the timer AND pretty much letting the timer expire. After another long wait (30+ minutes) to move to the next screen, we get to the draft combine.

3. Draft combine and Pre-Draft Workouts went pretty smooth, pretty much because server talk was limited. We moved to the draft lobby and actual draft.

So we tried changing the time from the 30 minute way to open the draft lobby to 5 minutes. Because the server refused the request to change the time, we had to wait the full 30 minutes for the draft lobby to open.

We finally got in the draft lobby and we noticed we'd have to wait another 30 minutes. We tried changing the timer again so it starts in 5 minutes and the server refused the request, so we had to wait the full 30 minutes for the draft to start.

After waiting for the draft to start, we're all ready to start drafting! Progress!

Annnndddd 2k decides to skip the entire draft and go to the rookie signings.

Ugh.

Luckily, I did a draft board before and got the guys I wanted, but I only did this to test to see if the draft board was still broken. At least this works!

So I sign the rookie and "Ready Up", which the server refused the request so I just let the time run out. So far, letting the time run out is the best solution.

So next is the Pending Options (team option). I agree for the 4 players I have (Pacers). I "Ready Up" but the server refuses the request again so I just wait for the timer.

4. Next is the qualifying offers. We noticed a bug with Amir Johnson not being eligible for a qualifying offer and players that should have a qualifying offer (Bobby Portis) not being listed. Dev records this bug.
-------- Just want to break here and say that while things look grim above, the dev has been actively taking part in the off-season with us, taken notes, discussing the issues with us, watching my stream, and talking to server engineers simutaneously during this process. --------

5. Next, we get to the Moratorium page. This is pretty much when the server said "ENOUGH!" and crapped out. Bids weren't being submitted properly, you couldn't renounce rights properly, couldn't remove cap holds, etc. Anything that involved the server just wasn't working. Not one person from the 10-15 people we had on at the time could sign a player, let alone offer a contract because of the server.

6. The same exact issue happened with the regular Free Agency. The server just crapped out. By this point, we were all just frustrated, we were 3 HOURS INTO OFF-SEASON, and it was clear that nothing was working.

After trying for another 45 minutes, the server wasn't even allowing us to advance to the next screen. The dev stated that since the server engineers were doing testing at the same time for our league, this could have caused the off-season to crash. We stopped there, the dev took all of his notes, thanked us for our time (as did we to him) and he stated that this had to be escalated to a senior server engineer / MLO dev.

If you've read all of the above so far, you're a trooper.

So after everything was over, the dev gave us a little information.

- This could be or could NOT be an easy fix. Could be a 1-day fix or could take a month.

- Could be a server issue or could be within the MLO coding.

- Could be server overload due to the event going on.

--------------------SILVER LININING--------------------

I understand all of the above looks terrible. I do know that this had to happen in order for the dev to really see what's going on. He stressed that they didn't have any issues with this mode before launch and they really needed to see this stress test to find out what's going on.

He has full access to the server logs and has documented everything diligently.

The silver lining in all of this is a) we have a dev on our side b) he went through the entire process with us from beginning to end c) he already has engineers looking at it.

At the end of the day, he wasn't sure when it would be fixed, if it would need a patch, etc. We understand as they first have to find the issue (like a needle in a haystack) before they can let us know when a possible fix would be likely.

So overall, the bad - offseason is screwed up if you have 10+ users. The good - the dev went through it and seen all of the problems with his own eyes and has already been in talks with server engineers.

We will be testing daily timers next to see if it fixes some of the server issues we're facing.

Tomorrow morning I will share other updates regarding other issues users have faced, but I can tell you now, most of the issues are server-related, sadly.

Amedawg (our commish) may pop in with his insight as I know this is a ton to remember and take in.

That's all folks. The dev will keep us posted with what he finds out on Monday.

Last edited by joepatowski; 11-03-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #64
Rookie

Thought I’d throw this out there...This morning I created a new league, with no customization and I was able to play a game and sync results with no problems. I thought “maybe it’s resolved” so I went back to my expansion league I posted about previously. I was met with the same issue after the game ended...jamming up at the ‘quit’ screen. Wonder if there’s something up with old saves, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »