Home

Compared to past iterations, what is the "fun" rating of 2k19?

This is a discussion on Compared to past iterations, what is the "fun" rating of 2k19? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Grade 2k19's "fun" factor.
A 16 17.20%
B 16 17.20%
C 28 30.11%
D 13 13.98%
F 20 21.51%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2018, 09:23 PM   #17
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Compared to past iterations, what is the "fun" rating of 2k19?

Started at an A.

Patched to a B.

Patched it again down to a C.

The game play is getting more fragmented and seemingly less dependent upon user input and I feel more kinda swept along by the CPU. Early on, I had great control and got great results. They’re coming back, but wow it has been a grind to make them approach where they used to be.

#2 in your program, #1 in our hearts. You will be missed, Red.

- Rick Wise
Old 12-21-2018, 11:54 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Probably between a C and a D (most of the time), unless the stars align on multiple fronts.

Unfortunately my fun factor with the game is directly dependent on who's online (decent players on friends list) or if I'm with bums or good players in JRC or pro-am.

What makes it unfun and annoying:

1) Having a constant choice between

a) Testing Your Patience aka keep backing out until you find good record randoms OR inviting friends if they're on OR making a group post OR waiting around in Park playing musical chairs.

VS

b) Saying f it and just running with bums to get in a game quick

Either way, hella annoying.

When I actually have decent teammates and you find team chemistry, the game can be great.

2) The Grind that NEVER ENDS

2K needs to realize people will continue to make MANY builds and they'll buy VC for those, even if the Badge grind and leveling up is lessoned.

Seriously how many builds even make it to 99 playing the entire year?? That's ridiculous. Most I got in 2K18 was a 94, being basically the one videogame I play, other than a couple PC games.

3) Randoms. Terrible Randoms

Last edited by Keith01; 12-21-2018 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:58 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
This is a problem

The enjoyment of your game should not be so dependent on if you play with your other skilled friends. I should be able to match up with people who can hold their own without having to wait 40 minutes.

I can just right on Siege and have fun.

I can join right into PUBG and have fun with randoms.

I can join right in on a Mortal Kombat and have fun. Because they segregate players based on rank.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Problem is the trade-off for more fair matchmaking is less pool of players aka longer wait to find games.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:04 AM   #20
Rookie

ChiefKeef300's Arena

A cause of Myleague
Old 12-22-2018, 04:48 AM   #21
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I gave it a B, probably should have given it a C, but while I am frustrated with the lack of variety of fouls, with basically no charging, blocking, or shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, I am still finding enjoyment when I do play the game.

Outside of the issues with lack of variety of fouls being called, the other thing that is upsetting is the court updates, this yr dont update in pre existing MyLeague save files. If I remember correctly, it updated in ML last yr, but this yr, they took it out.

So I have been playing much do to that, because I was working on a roster to start my ML with, only to find out that once I take it into ML, I will not get the alternate courts. Which means, I have got to now start over editing, before starting my ML, and Im just burnt out now, and havent had much interest in turning on my PS4, knowing I have got to start editing all over again. And I also have to backdate that roster to Opening Night rosters, which due to trade will have my ML draft picks screwed up, in the trades that were made. Since 2k also updates the draft picks in those trades, once I back date it the roster to opening night it will throw off the draft.

I wish I wasnt so OCD, and I could just say heck with the alternate courts, and go ahead and use the edited roster file to start ML, but I just cant look past not having the alternate courts,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2018, 05:42 AM   #22
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I voted A. Playing MyLeauge almost every day and having a blast while doing it.
This. B+ for me. MyLeague, even with the bugs, is where it's at. MyCareer offers a more confined change of pace. And I'm dabbling a bit more with MyTeam to see what kind of experience I can with it. On the whole, another really good release.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-22-2018, 09:17 PM   #23
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

As mostly a PNO player, I would give it a B+. The lower grade is mainly due to how they attempted at launch to "innovate" the mode with forced team selection. They have since patched the team selection where it can be hit or miss depending on how far up the ranks you go. Some may have a different opinion, but I thought team selection was perfect in NBA 2K18, and I still do play that version when I want to use the All-Time and "true" Classic Pacers teams. True meaning that it's closer to the correct real life roster than 2K19.

Aside from that, I still think contested 3's are slightly overpowered. Personally, I think inside shots have been good for a while now, so I don't have a problem with that situation anymore. I genuinely feel like I can use Turner and Sabonis to do work on the inside.

Honestly, I really don't have pressing complaints about the mode I play. I'm enjoying it enough, that I really don't care about the My Player modes. I get to jump on, play a game, and jump off. Gameplay wise for H2H competition, it's 2nd to my beloved 2K11. I just hate how badges tend to bail people out, but that's a different conversation. However, that will be the main reason why 2K11 will always hold the edge over most versions I play... NO BADGES.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:06 PM   #24
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

D at best. This is the least fun a 2K game has been since I started playing. It's not realistic, and is just an effort in frustration on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »