Home

Compared to past iterations, what is the "fun" rating of 2k19?

This is a discussion on Compared to past iterations, what is the "fun" rating of 2k19? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Grade 2k19's "fun" factor.
A 16 17.20%
B 16 17.20%
C 28 30.11%
D 13 13.98%
F 20 21.51%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Compared to past iterations, what is the "fun" rating of 2k19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Honestly...I just think that's just the general trend of videogames. The motto is "Make our games approachable!". Videogames have so much "hand holding" that I really don't find many of them challenging anymore.
For sure, it's an industry trend, not something unique to 2K. Honestly, I wouldn't mind so much if I could get it realistic without having to invest a good chunk of time playing with sliders.

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 12-24-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:25 AM   #34
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

From a customer who played every 2k since 2k7 this is the worse. I give it a C-. The game just isn’t fun and I’m a mostly an online pro-am and rec player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #35
Rookie

I play the game everyday don't play online only mycareer and been playing since the very first 2k and I'm having fun I guess its just me I don't take it too serious the only complaint I really have is the connection errors with the servers. I guess I just understand that this is a man made product and no matter how much we want it it will never be perfect just like any other man made thing in this world I just play to escape reality and love out my fantasy of being a NBA player. But I get the complaints about online if thats all u play and not saying that anyone shouldn't but u have to understand other toxic human beings ruin things for people in every walk of life no matter what it is and its a lot easier for it to happen online cause its pretty much anonymous so no one really has to be accountable for their actions and how they play. So for me I'm having fun so I voted a A would be a A- just cause of server issues. PS I don't buy vc either I just take what I get from in game or the 2k app on my phone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #36
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

It serves my purposes very well. I've never had more fun playing a video game. In my estimation, it is the best sports game ever made.

Player DNA, as well as custom draft classes and rosters have opened up a limitless amount of options to play. I'm always itching with excitement to get it started after work.

I'm strictly an offline guy, so my view is probably different than that of an online player. I understand the gripes of those game modes, and to be honest they don't seem much fun at all.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:32 AM   #37
Pro

The only thing that really bothers me are the moving 3s from limitless by stretches.

Other than that the gameplay is great.

Biggest turnoff: the immense nerfs theyve done on badge grinding vs out of the box. Trying to grind up badges is a pain now.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:54 PM   #38
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

On the court with a friend? A. It's really a great playing basketball game, the most realistic it's been. 18 is no slouch either, I still say 16 was their best for gameplay.

Against CPU on the couch? B
Online? F.

Game modes and replay value? F

Bring back fun offline game modes. Bring back Create a Legend. Who remembers and misses the Greatest of all Time mode from 2k12? Or the Jordan Challenge? Or the Lebron mode? It's when 2K wasn't caring about making extra money, it cared about giving us a game to want to play a whole year and not get gouged with VC.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:22 PM   #39
Rookie

DoWork's Arena

OVR: 1

More frustrating than fun to play, especially on defense. They keep dumbing down the defensive side and boosting what the offense is capable of doing.

The game is just nowhere near as fun as it was years ago.

Gameplay is probably a D at best. The defense and overall physics in this game are atrocious.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:24 PM   #40
Pro

I voted "D"

I primarily play Park/Pro-Am, and while I have a decent record (around 70% on park and 68% on Pro-am) I am getting bored quicker and quicker every year due to the following:

1. Lack of environment
- I have played a total of 1 game on NBA Live, and the environment on the live run was a lot of fun. The extra NPCs standing around and cheering, the whole instagram live camera, the play of the game, the court and everything about it made for a overall more exciting experience than the blandness of 2k's JRC and Park.

2. Sharpshooters are so overpowered it has turned the game into a glorified shoot around.
- If you're playing anything but a sharp at the moment, you are playing defense and doing windsprints as your watch shooters drop 40 a game. Due to how well people are shooting online, PGs are hyperfocused on keeping up (rightfully so) with the other team, turning the high majority of shots into 3 balls regardless of matchups on the court.

3. Love and hate the defense
- I love that people can't just blow by you, and that if someone is beat you can shoot and hit with them near like IRL. I also hate that if you're not directly in front of a shooter 96% of the time it's a open shot for them with them shooting at such a high percentage.

- I like the ability to make people pay for their mistakes of dribbling right in front of you, but at the same time it feels like with a lot of builds, if you dribble at all you're going to be stripped, there needs to be a better balance.

4. The game feels needs to be a little refreshing in 2k20. I feel as if I've been playing the same game, same modes, same everything since 2k15. Yes gameplay has been tweaked here and there, I got it. We need something to revitalize 2k, I was hoping for the ability to create a Pro-Am league this year or join one through in game measures. The whole Court Battles thing NBA Live has is interesting, give us new locations around the world to play park at, give us things to make the game exciting. This has a definite feeling of when EA got comfortable with madden and the game became very stale due to fear of messing up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »