Home

New shot contest update

This is a discussion on New shot contest update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2019, 03:11 PM   #57
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New shot contest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
This shot contest just justified playing off ball even more as the cpu don’t raise their hands. Why do we have to do this year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I swear I must be playing a completely different game. Off ball players don't bother me that much with the freelances, nor are they getting this huge advantage by playing that way. Maybe it's my playing style, but steal spammers and off ballers were the least of my concerns since Day 1.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:14 PM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
They don't jump, they just run to your chest and get rewarded. Then with the physicality of the on-ball defense you can't attack their close out with the drive realistically either.
This. Current game mechanics dont account for the defender having to stop and restart his momentum on long closeouts. Im in favor of the giving the defense an option to turbo close out and run guys off the live vs. a controlled close out to prepare for the drive with the tradeoff being the offensive player being less affected by this closesout should he decide to raise up and shoot
Old 01-28-2019, 03:21 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
There are also guys who dont like the turbo closeouts, that allow some players to guard the paint and the 3 at the same time. Closeouts range and speed in combination with the heavier contests bother me.
Agree all around Rob.

I mean is it like every other aspect of the game is super real? And all we needed is another unorganic buff to smt else counterwise!? Like for real it's dead end, it's inflation happening here, give buff to 3pt and the to another counter buffing and then another buffing, instead can we get to normal standards and act against inflation!? Meet on the mutual real standarts rather buffing each other to another superior level that has nothing to do with organic basketball physicality!?
Old 01-28-2019, 04:32 PM   #60
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel like they tried something really cool this year with the changes to shot contest. Unfortunately these changes did not hold up well in the H2H arena. Way too many exploits and bad shots were being rewarded.

Hopefully the offline guys can remedy this through sliders, not a perfect solution, but the online portion needed to be addressed.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:40 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
It’s a LIGHT contest. Light contests aren’t going to impact shot success much. The only problem would be if those start registering as fully contested shots.

Is this change only for players behind the shooter or also for anyone in front of the shooter? NBA defines “open” as 4+ feet of space so that’s a lot of space in 2K where every defender crowds the ball handler. If they want to balance contests, then it would be nice to see more blow by animations and less recovery so defenders are forced to back up a bit.
they are YouAlreadyKnow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #62
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
There are also guys who dont like the turbo closeouts, that allow some players to guard the paint and the 3 at the same time. Closeouts range and speed in combination with the heavier contests bother me.
I kno man same here. Its so annoying that these guys literally wanna make the contest system like 2k18 again. All these contest buffs do is make players that have horrible defense all of a sudden have good defense and it sux for someone who plays mostly offline. I feel like i'm playing 2k18 again smh. The contest system was good out of the box.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:45 PM   #63
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
I feel like they tried something really cool this year with the changes to shot contest. Unfortunately these changes did not hold up well in the H2H arena. Way too many exploits and bad shots were being rewarded.

Hopefully the offline guys can remedy this through sliders, not a perfect solution, but the online portion needed to be addressed.
Well I know this for sure...they need to find a way to address these things separately so it doesn't affect the entire game. Whether it be 2k20, 2k21, ect. They eventually need to be able to adjust things for online and offline separate in the future imo.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:26 AM   #64
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I kno man same here. Its so annoying that these guys literally wanna make the contest system like 2k18 again. All these contest buffs do is make players that have horrible defense all of a sudden have good defense and it sux for someone who plays mostly offline. I feel like i'm playing 2k18 again smh. The contest system was good out of the box.
Was it really "horrible" defense when certain players pulled up over the defender no matter what?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »