Home

New shot contest update

This is a discussion on New shot contest update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2019, 01:18 PM   #49
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New shot contest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Shot contests weren't the problem. Shooting percentages were.

Elite players dont need a 6ft perimeter to be considered open, nor do they shoot 70% on open shots.
Honestly, what's the fundamental difference between changing shot success on light contests vs. changing the shot contest strength? The end result is still the same....lower shooting percentages across all modes. When it's said and done, people should be looking for the best shot with good ball movement, and NOT chucking a bunch of 3's in spite of what the defense is doing.

BS aside, the only people who would have problem with this change are those people who had poor shot selection in the first place. STOP SHOOTING CONTESTED SHOTS! It's really that simple.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #50
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Honestly, what's the fundamental difference between changing shot success on light contests vs. changing the shot contest strength? The end result is still the same....lower shooting percentages across all modes. When it's said and done, people should be looking for the best shot with good ball movement, and NOT chucking a bunch of 3's in spite of what the defense is doing.

BS aside, the only people who would have problem with this change are those people who had poor shot selection in the first place. STOP SHOOTING CONTESTED SHOTS! It's really that simple.
There are also guys who dont like the turbo closeouts, that allow some players to guard the paint and the 3 at the same time. Closeouts range and speed in combination with the heavier contests bother me.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 01-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #51
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
There are also guys who dont like the turbo closeouts, that allow some players to guard the paint and the 3 at the same time. Closeouts range and speed in combination with the heavier contests bother me.
Pump fake, let the defender jump, then move to the left/right or to the open area to shoot the uncontested jumper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2019, 01:39 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Pump fake, let the defender jump, then move to the left/right or to the open area to shoot the uncontested jumper.
They don't jump, they just run to your chest and get rewarded. Then with the physicality of the on-ball defense you can't attack their close out with the drive realistically either.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:47 PM   #53
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

This shot contest just justified playing off ball even more as the cpu don’t raise their hands. Why do we have to do this year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Does this affect My League? First game since this happened I greened more shots than I ever have.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #55
MVP

tru11's Arena

what is stopping people from moving around when their man is playing off ball?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2019, 03:00 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm sure it's a blessing for those who play online.

Offline, who was already suffering from the last contest update, have to deal with this registering as heavily contested-

Attachment 160825
Haven't tested myself as of yet; but if it's what you say it is i mean 'heavily contested'! Let's just put the game away now based on that assumption. And i'm speaking online wise MLO. If true it's a very sad day.

What i really think is we(simnation) always loose the battles at the end of the day either 1 or 2 months later or whatever, for 2k it's always to cater casuals and give them an illusion of playing "good" basketball, lol. It's pathetic now and i really am sick of it, i can't keep on positive on it anymore. Why the hell they bother creating 2K20 now because at the end of the day it would end just like this! Gimme a break. I only talk about NBA 5vs5 portion of the game.

It's loose battle for simnation to hang around on this game and give positive feedback and such. I really am sick the hell out of it!

Last edited by ataman5; 01-28-2019 at 03:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »