Home

How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20?

This is a discussion on How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #41
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20?

I like the percentages, I just have a little beef with the feedback loop. It does seem like "very early" is perhaps rewarded more than the "just early" releases. Just make the results consistent with the feedback and I'm good -- again, maybe I'm the only one seeing it, but I am seeing it.

I also do think the feedback loop doesn't quite make sense that no meter should mean "green or bust" because the whole point of no meter is you're trying to get close without it. I don't think you need a bonus either, but you shouldn't get a negative for non-green with no meter because you're doing it by eye not by watching a meter. Just make meter and no meter the same if anything rather than give a larger green window but a negative result otherwise for no meter -- assuming that is how the system is setup, which is what has been mentioned on here prior. I especially say that because the suspense is not there with no meter when you either know 100 percent it's going in with full green or 15 percent it's going in if you don't hit green.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 08:53 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 4

sim-head and offline only player and Im struggling with shooting this year. Still winning at a high percentage but not with shots I run through my offense. Ive never been great at shot timing but I always turn off as many indicators when I play.

Im getting better with timing but I hit more shots I shouldnt hit.

Probably the first time in gaming history but the cpu is struggling also. They dont stand a chance unless I play stupid(or greek freak).

Funny after a game the percentages are damn near perfect. I honestly rather struggle/get better vs 2k f-ing it up. Playing on HOF

Luckily im on pC and can save .exe files.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:13 AM   #43
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Regarding the shot meter:

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/11...413662209?s=20

"(Turning it off) increases the (green) window and boosts good shot timing but also nerfs bad timing. If you struggle with shot timing I wouldn’t turn it off. But if you know your timing well you’ll see higher %s".

I read this to mean that it's not just green releases that have a higher likelihood of going in, so I'd guess the slightly releases are probably still boosted. Early or Late seem to certainly be nerfed.
I hope you're right. I turned it on so I wouldn't be punished for not getting green releases and the meter is so distracting. I have it set to the feet so it doesn't bother me while I look at the follow through and my eyes still shift to it when I shoot.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:43 AM   #44
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Gotta factor in the momentum system lurking in the background, lol.

I'll hit every decent look at a jumper for a half a quarter. CPU calls time out. Now I miss 4 straight wide open jumpers, and 3 straight lightly contested layups with "slightly" early/late releases. I now wanna go online and demand the shooting be fixed. It happens every game.

I've kinda' reconciled the fact that when the background algorithm decides its time for you to start missing shots...all the meter and timing considerations are moot. Hotzone/wide-open or green releases are the only shots going in until you can break their mojo boost.

Personally, I absolutely love this aspect of the game. My 50 year old hand/eye aint what it used to be...but I know if I play smart, and read the flow of the game, I can get around it.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:12 AM   #45
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Also, not my shooting personally, but in my MyCareer games, I swear my teammates are literally shooting almost 0% on jumpshots. The only time we ever score is if I'm making a jumper or it's a shot at the rim/free throws. I'm fine with where it is in the Pro-Am/Rec/Park games, and I'm fine with my own shooting in MyCareer games, but man, it's brutal with these teammates lol.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 08:41 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 0

From a Park/Neighborhood experience I like that the shooting is more of challenge this year but bad defenders aren't getting punished enough. You got centers out there who just camp in the paint on 2's for damn near the entire game.

I equipped HOF dimer last night and my Center (who can shoot pretty well) still was getting a lot of hit or miss full whites. The center that was guarding him just sat in the paint the entire time getting free boards. Open shots could use a buff and fade aways could be nerfed a tad bit. No reason why moving shots should hit at a higher clip than open set shots.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:53 AM   #47
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

I only play on HOF, and I think the shooting is either fine or slightly too easy. But I do not think it should be easier to make open shots. I like where the percentages are right now. Some games I hit 40 to 50 percent from 3, and others 20 percent.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE SHOOTING ANY EASIER

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #48
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
This thread is a snapshot of 2K community feedback; Quick to ask for a buff rather than adjust.

Certain games I’m over 55% on HOF and barely miss, while others I’m hovering around 40%. The variety is something I missed from the past few years. I was always around 50% or better because I’m good with shot releases.

Is the opinion of needing a buff due to how you guys perceive your release via the shot meter?

I’ve never played with the meter so I don’t gauge whether it should be a make or miss due to the meter. I feel like the shot meter has become too much of the meta as to whether a shot should drop or not. That’s not even close to a real life gauge on quality of shot.

With all that being said, I feel like deadly CPU shooting teams on HOF need a SMALLLLL buff to become a little more lethal. Not like 2K19 at all, but just a little more threatening from deep.
Haha. I was with you all the way to the end. I just played the rockets on HOF and they hit 17 threes on me in the first half. Please don't buff that.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »