Home

How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20?

This is a discussion on How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #49
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20?

Heads up on a video from NBA 2K Labs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pj_unsJo7w
Old 09-13-2019, 10:02 AM   #50
Rookie

Not sure if legitimate but allegedley there's a hotfix coming... sigh.

https://twitter.com/poorboyonline/st...686728193?s=21
Old 09-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #51
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTO
Not sure if legitimate but allegedley there's a hotfix coming... sigh.

https://twitter.com/poorboyonline/st...686728193?s=21
I just checked Mike Wang's account. He didn't post anything regarding a hotfix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I just checked Mike Wang's account. He didn't post anything regarding a hotfix.
I think the link I posted is a screenshot of a Twitch chat?

Hopefully it's fake.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Haha. I was with you all the way to the end. I just played the rockets on HOF and they hit 17 threes on me in the first half. Please don't buff that.
You know what, after playing four games on HOF @12 minute quarters yesterday I agree 100% with you.

I wanted to test out the theory of this zone defense being able to be successful, so I was laying off shooters. They lit me up like a Christmas tree with green festivities lol.

After playing for a week or so I think the community needs to adjust rather than ask the game to adjust to us. Lets not forget shooting is different this year (Slower), so it makes sense that some people are struggling.

When 2K patches the game and you guys finally have your builds up with all the badges, the shooting will then be overpowered.

If you guys were sharpshooters from day one, then where does that leave us when the game has been out for several months?
Old 09-13-2019, 10:40 AM   #54
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
You know what, after playing four games on HOF @12 minute quarters yesterday I agree 100% with you.

I wanted to test out the theory of this zone defense being able to be successful, so I was laying off shooters. They lit me up like a Christmas tree with green festivities lol.

After playing for a week or so I think the community needs to adjust rather than ask the game to adjust to us. Lets not forget shooting is different this year (Slower), so it makes sense that some people are struggling.

When 2K patches the game and you guys finally have your builds up with all the badges, the shooting will then be overpowered.

If you guys were sharpshooters from day one, then where does that leave us when the game has been out for several months?
This times 1000, the game hasn't even been out for a week yet and you guys are asking for shot buffs? We KNOW how slippery this slope is, we spent the first 3 months, then the last 4-5 months dealing with overpowered shooting, and now 2K has done something about it, and we're complaining?!?

Kush, I'm usually with you 100% on everything, hell, we were in the Mike Wang tweets thread fighting against dudes justifying crazy shooting numbers, but I can't go with you on this one, if your shooting is still trash a month in, then mayyyybe, but after 6 days of a new movement system, that includes new jumpshot mechanics? I definitely think you're jumping the gun on this one my dude.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 09-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #55
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
The people bringing up zone defense are online head to head players. Online head to head with two users and Hall of Fame CPU might as well be two completely different games.

And of course the CPU would light you up, it’s Hall of Fame lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
The people bringing up zone defense are online head to head players. Online head to head with two users and Hall of Fame CPU might as well be two completely different games.

And of course the CPU would light you up, it’s Hall of Fame lol.
I understand man.

However if you put me on Superstar I would only shoot better, which is what PNO is based off of. I truly think people need to adjust if they can't shoot on Superstar. I'll continue to play devil's advocate with that though:

If you are shooting around 40-45% with current shooting sliders in the first week of the game of PNO, what will you be shooting with the current setup in June/July once your timing/skills improves?

My comment regarding HOF was a retraction of my previous post. Originally, I thought they would need to increase their abilities but it's in a good spot right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »