Home

Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges

This is a discussion on Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2019, 10:47 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges

Pogo stick should’ve never even been in this game it just rewards bad defenders that spam block triangle once anybody is inside the paint.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:08 AM   #10
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Agree, Pogo is a big ****ing joke, Intimidator is just badly implemented. It shows once again that 2k doesnt test their game. Both problems should have been discovered through testing before release. Or they dont give a **** about it...

Chase down is in the same catgeory, should never be in the game the way it works.

Other badges purely exist to help bad players become better...Cannot green a shot to save your life? Flexible Release is there for you. Problems timing layups? Pro Touch got you covered.

It was all to be expected when the number of badges increased this drastically with 2k20. 2k is absolutely terrible at balancing anything...
Old 11-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #11
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
Agree, Pogo is a big ****ing joke, Intimidator is just badly implemented. It shows once again that 2k doesnt test their game. Both problems should have been discovered through testing before release. Or they dont give a **** about it...

Chase down is in the same catgeory, should never be in the game the way it works.

Other badges purely exist to help bad players become better...Cannot green a shot to save your life? Flexible Release is there for you. Problems timing layups? Pro Touch got you covered.

It was all to be expected when the number of badges increased this drastically with 2k20. 2k is absolutely terrible at balancing anything...
pro touch is for people that are good with the timing of the lay up.
consistent finisher is for those that struggle although its there to make up for an adjusted release based on the defense as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #12
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
consistent finisher is for those that struggle although its there to make up for an adjusted release based on the defense as well.

Jup thx, couldnt remember if it was pro touch or consistent f.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:17 AM   #13
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Waaaaay past time we had this convo. A defender in the vicinity affecting your shot simply cant be a thing...they have to contest or do Hands Up. SOMETHING. Pogo Stick? Not even gonna touch that...its a HORRIBLE mechanic on the level of green releases.

Missed Blocks affecting shot success is just as bad. Now does Right Stick Contesting need to be more dynamic? SURE. I've been on that soapbox for awhile....but blocks are an ALL or NOTHING proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
If you’ve read 2k reddit and twitter this was going to happen. Bigs were whining all year because they were still playing defense like 2k19. They believe hands up defense should be a strong contest to sum up their complaints they wanted paint defense easier and this is how 2k went about it.
That we're still having a convo about people spamming block and it being effective is just wild. I'm simply not interested in a Next Gen game that doesn't have a core Risk/Reward foundation. If you mistime a block your momentum either takes you out of the play or you're whistled. NO MORE NEUTRAL OUTCOMES. Watch below as Grant and Porter Jr (two of the most athletic players in the league) fall for the williams pump fake: Neither get a second jump because that simply isn't how momentum works--moreso its just horrible balance...especially in H2H. No true competitive game can constantly put one user in No Win Scenarios while the other gets to SPAM.

The real benefit of Hands Up has that it SHOULD allow us to Crowd pump faking or static/idle players and that SHOULD draw charges on out of control players but as many have said here, it should be the defensive option that affects a normal shot the least.

Last edited by Kushmir; 11-05-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #14
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11

I suck at layup timing with my big. Guess I should put pro touch onto something else.

As for pogo stick...I guess it depends on that strength and jump height choices. I went for all strength with like a 40 vert. I find pogo stick useless with this build. Hell going all strength was a waste to me as well and I regret picking it. I should've picked vertical instead then pogo stick would be more usefull.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2019, 12:37 PM   #15
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Pogo Stick can go but i actually love that Intimidator badge. 2K has always heavily favored offense in the past....its about time things balance out on the defensive end.

Instead of going to the rim against a player that is known to be a good defensive player, you should think twice and maybe shoot a pullup/floater instead? Chess man. You can't have chess when one side of the ball(offense) is favored way more than the other side.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 01:23 PM   #16
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
If you’ve read 2k reddit and twitter this was going to happen. Bigs were whining all year because they were still playing defense like 2k19. They believe hands up defense should be a strong contest to sum up their complaints they wanted paint defense easier and this is how 2k went about it.
If im in front of my man and time the hands up it should be a good contest.

If I am on the other side of the rim when he goes up, it should be 2 points almost every time

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »