Home

Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges

This is a discussion on Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #17
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges

I know there is a way to finish in the paint consistently. I just played against a Kobe user(PNO-PC) that was making pump fake layups over 3 people(2 seven footers). I just don't have the time to practice it.

It's gotta be a combination of badges and RS usage. I need to start messaging these people.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:00 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Pogo Stick can go but i actually love that Intimidator badge. 2K has always heavily favored offense in the past....its about time things balance out on the defensive end.

Instead of going to the rim against a player that is known to be a good defensive player, you should think twice and maybe shoot a pullup/floater instead? Chess man. You can't have chess when one side of the ball(offense) is favored way more than the other side.
I agree, I too like the intimidator badge I just think badges like it should be reserved for only defensive minded and Two-Way players. It's no fun offensive threats have it as well!!
Old 11-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #19
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't mind the idea of pogo stick because there are guys in the NBA who are quick jumpers. However, it really feels like it should be more of a rebounding badge. But even if it is a defensive badge, your chances of getting called for a foul should go up every time you jump. So yes, your guy will be better at recovering after a block attempt, but if you do it 3-4 times in a row you're almost always going to get a foul called on you. That would help a lot in keeping people from just spamming triangle under the basket.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #20
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Pogo Stick can go but i actually love that Intimidator badge. 2K has always heavily favored offense in the past....its about time things balance out on the defensive end.

Instead of going to the rim against a player that is known to be a good defensive player, you should think twice and maybe shoot a pullup/floater instead? Chess man. You can't have chess when one side of the ball(offense) is favored way more than the other side.
There's no one that wants offensive/defensive balance more than me but it has to be done correctly or we just create loopholes/exploits. Hands Up in 2K17 was too potent and we certainly dont want to recreate that with some Area of Effect mechanic that doesn't even require input from the user.

IMO its another mechanic that needs serious tuning--guys facing the wrong way and/or not contesting can't be what we consider good defense, or rewarded. We need some kind of input from the defender and those inputs should always be more effective with good timing and have less/zero effect when we're early or late--just like contesting or shooting.

Last edited by Kushmir; 11-05-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:

This would be nice if floaters worked and 2K wasn't trying to kill the midrange game so bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bliss
I agree, I too like the intimidator badge I just think badges like it should be reserved for only defensive minded and Two-Way players. It's no fun offensive threats have it as well!!
wait you guys love the intimidator badge changing the offense players animations even when you the defender is in horrible position to challenge the shot? You really like that?

see i've noticed a trend with 2k users. because a lot of you are so used to 2k making something OP. you love with the OP goes to your side of the table. vs not wanting anything to be OP at all. its like that use to be the thing we hoped for, nothing OP, all things balanced. now the hope is just let the stuff i like to do be OP.

Do you realize if i catch a pass going toward the paint and you are there with your Int badge, there's a 50% chance 2k will make me automatically shoot the ball when I'm actually pump faking? Did you know this? do you think thats fun or realistic?
Old 11-09-2019, 07:00 AM   #23
Rookie

I like the idea of an "Intimidator" badge (although it kinda seems like it could just be packaged with rim protector and not have its own badge) but they need to tone it down or at least make players with the badge actually have to you know...do something...to trigger the badge's effects.

Right now, centers can just stand in the paint with their hands up and watch as players of all builds, even slashers and other bigs, blow open layups and have their animations change just for putting up a shot in the vicinity of a stationary defender...that's some BS. They "buffed" slashing and finishing but then still rendered them dang there useless by overpowering the Intimidator badge.

Pogo Stick however is a bad badge and should be removed as it is now. It literally just rewards stupid defenders for being able to press triangle lol. No defender can jump 4-5 times perfectly contesting layups and pump fakes without fouling or eventually giving up a basket.

MAYBE if they make Pogo Stick more of a rebounding badge (maybe to help undersized bigs that are good at rebounding a la Rodman, Shawn Marion, etc.) then it can stay.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #24
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
wait you guys love the intimidator badge changing the offense players animations even when you the defender is in horrible position to challenge the shot? You really like that?
Yeah this is head-scratching to me as well....Intimidator HAS to be tied to contesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »