Home

2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

This is a discussion on 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2020, 06:23 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Social media isn't real. You don't know how many true to person say anything on there, there could be thousands of troll accounts telling the same thing over and over as if it's real and 2k gets their feedback off of it, way too problematic.

You can't be managed by social media, you can't create for social media, you can't listen to social media to show that you care about customers, they are very well likely to be no customer at all!

2k is on a wrong lead and if they keep on doing this the fall is near.

Marketing a game is different than creating a game(or anything).
Old 08-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If the idea is that us sim heads should be listened to instead, this thread isn't exactly a glowing endorsement, lol.

First, I'm all about sim nation, and have been from the jump, but a lot of us older sim heads need to get over this superiority complex because we click a different mode in a video game menu.

Park, Neighborhood & Pro Am have grown the game exponentially, and are here to stay...they arent going anywhere. They arent creating a different game for them. YouTubers and social influencers, much like pretty much every other industry are tied into that- this isn't changing either, only growing. Its a reality that's what's been way past due to accept.

As far as Agent, he's a content creator, and while he's prone to cringy content creator things...Overall he's a pretty level headed, well spoken guy who has some good ideas. His favorite 2K is 2K16. Which a lot of us agree with. I think all he was saying is the same thing I've been saying for years....that was the last year I felt you could uss a variety of creative moves on offense rather than some key moves to succeed.

Czars pinned tweet wasn't conceding that sim heads don't have a place, the original conversation stemmed from the exaxt opposite. We just have to continue to speak out and carve out our niche. We can keep monologing about how we've been playing since Dreamcast and how it used to be or we can use our voices in a meaningful way.
This is exactly why it should be balanced. Park should be arcadey. Rec should be simmy.

I don't think it's that hard to do. Obvioulsy playground basketball in real life can get pretty crazy, so I have zeor issue with that and guys that want to play that way can do so.

But in a 5 on 5 basketball seeing some of the **** you see, it's just silly.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #75
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacks17
This is exactly why it should be balanced. Park should be arcadey. Rec should be simmy.

I don't think it's that hard to do. Obvioulsy playground basketball in real life can get pretty crazy, so I have zeor issue with that and guys that want to play that way can do so.

But in a 5 on 5 basketball seeing some of the **** you see, it's just silly.

It aint hard.

Its a matter of adjusting the sliders.

Kinda like park being on rookie and rec being on superstar and pro am being on hof.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 07:26 PM   #76
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
It aint hard.

Its a matter of adjusting the sliders.

It would require more QA/balancing as well
Old 08-11-2020, 01:03 PM   #77
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I agree. I hate Mike is being heavily influenced by guys like him and kids on Twitter. Anytime you say something about realism, they’re argument is it’s a video game and to go outside and play lol.

Mike made a post and I made a comment about removing being able to peoples meter or when they hit a green release. All these kids attack about it and my simple question is why is that so important to you? They always say, “People be lying about greening.” It always blows my mind lol. Like why is that such a big deal? All you have to literally do is watch the ball and see if it goes in or not. It’s just a silly thing to be in the game.

Then they make posts about if you’re open, you should make the shot 90% of the time even if you do not perfect the release. Just wild stuff. I wish Mike would just trust himself more like he used to and stick to it. Quit letting them change the game after the fact and etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree with you 100%
Old 08-11-2020, 01:23 PM   #78
Pro

Vroman's Arena

I think its bad idea to have different sliders or altered core basketball mechanics. Its like having different height hoop or smaller basket-ball when its park mode or something like that. Core physics of the game should be integral across the game, you cant just alter gravity and movement momentum physics in real life regardless of level you play in.
And dividing like that wont work anyway. One mode will be abandoned and deemed like "losers mode" and all people that strive to cheeseball and be as toxic as possible will come to the "sim" mode anyway. Also 2k is way too sloppy with patching the broken things in gameplay and lacks integrity to do necessary changes being afraid of kids crying on the twitter.

If you want best balance with competative vs casual approach you need actual match making system and not the "got next" or squads matching vs randoms in rec. That's the only way that actually works and proven in other competative games.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
I think its bad idea to have different sliders or altered core basketball mechanics. Its like having different height hoop or smaller basket-ball when its park mode or something like that. Core physics of the game should be integral across the game, you cant just alter gravity and movement momentum physics in real life regardless of level you play in.
And dividing like that wont work anyway. One mode will be abandoned and deemed like "losers mode" and all people that strive to cheeseball and be as toxic as possible will come to the "sim" mode anyway. Also 2k is way too sloppy with patching the broken things in gameplay and lacks integrity to do necessary changes being afraid of kids crying on the twitter.

If you want best balance with competative vs casual approach you need actual match making system and not the "got next" or squads matching vs randoms in rec. That's the only way that actually works and proven in other competative games.
I really expect this up coming gen to be more adept with their matchmaking systems.

By now players should be sorted by their playstyle.

If you have a very high off ball usage then you shouldn’t be matched up with a guy who sticks manually
Old 08-11-2020, 07:07 PM   #80
MVP

zello144's Arena

Spoiler

Greenlight is a hell of a drug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »