Home

Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

This is a discussion on Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2021, 02:29 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real2KInsider
The defensive AI doesn't differ between user & CPU. Again, specific examples of how this is accomplished are more useful than "it's better".

People are feeling the need to "defend" the roster (or their use of it) from an attack that doesn't exist. I want to dissect the nuts and bolts in a meaningful way.

Because again, the main obstacle is that there are 10 different game modes. You can't truly claim to have improved one (under a specific set of circumstances) if you damaged nine others in the process.
But I played a game where the shot selection was not "trash". The Hawks scored 40 on me in the first quarter of my most recent game and they did not take any dumb mid rangers. Maybe the Spurs team notoriously has players that shoot long 2's instead of 3's and the roster is reflecting that?

But hey, at the the end of the day, the roster does not work FOR YOU. It works for me. The game was unplayable for me before and now I can tolerate it.

Last edited by lemarflacco; 01-12-2021 at 02:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2021, 04:20 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
But I played a game where the shot selection was not "trash". The Hawks scored 40 on me in the first quarter of my most recent game and they did not take any dumb mid rangers. Maybe the Spurs team notoriously has players that shoot long 2's instead of 3's and the roster is reflecting that?

But hey, at the the end of the day, the roster does not work FOR YOU. It works for me. The game was unplayable for me before and now I can tolerate it.

Kinda suspicious a guy that has a persona and YouTube channel as a roster maker, comes in a thread to criticize the most popular and basically the only 2K roster with sim gamers on the site........ then acts as if he knows more about basketball and what’s happening on the floor than anyone else that questions his biased rhetoric 🤷🏻*♂️ oh and stats don’t matter as he proceeds to list post after post of stats he dislikes..........

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-12-2021, 04:25 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Maybe the Spurs team notoriously has players that shoot long 2's instead of 3's and the roster is reflecting that?
Not long twos. Short twos. I posted the shot charts.
Rather than speculating & playing devil's advocate, perhaps exhibit some player knowledge:

Patty Mills Shot Breakdown IRL:
Rim: 20%
Close: 11%
Mid: 9%
3pt: 60%

Very clearly, this is a player that should not be attacking the rim.

Landry Shamet & Chris Chiozza were likewise attacking the rim (how they combined for 1-18).

Shamet IRL FGA
Rim: 12%
Close: 6%
Mid: 6%
3pt: 77%

Quote:
Again, your focus seems to be on defending the roster from an imaginary attack, rather than discussing the actual gameplay. Feelings aren't Facts.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 01-12-2021, 05:11 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Kinda suspicious a guy that has a persona and YouTube channel as a roster maker, comes in a thread to criticize the most popular and basically the only 2K roster with sim gamers on the site........ then acts as if he knows more about basketball and what’s happening on the floor than anyone else that questions his biased rhetoric 🤷🏻*♂️ oh and stats don’t matter as he proceeds to list post after post of stats he dislikes..........
To be clear:

1. I've been working on 2K rosters for 18 years. I've been watching the NBA for 27. The devs know who I am, and have gone to me for information at times. I do in fact, have more topical & applicable knowledge than the average basketball / 2k fan.

2. I could care less if people use my work or someone else's. It isn't a competition to me. My "brand" is having trustworthy information and not BSing people.

3. I have stated multiple times that this isn't a criticism of the roster. What I take issue with is people selling a false bill of goods. Claiming ANY roster to be a gameplay panacea (Definition: a solution or remedy for all difficulties or diseases) when it is demonstrably not (at least through my 5 quarters of testing).

4. The fact that this conversation is even happening MEANS that they are doing good things. If they can't handle one informed dude on the internet diving deeper, what's gonna happen when they get hired by 2K and a million people are saying the game sucks?

If they roll through here, they can use this data to better their product. As a content creator, that's the kind of feedback we're looking for.

There's a difference between "Good job!" and "Good job because _________"
Old 01-12-2021, 05:35 PM   #45
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
To be clear:

1. I've been working on 2K rosters for 18 years. I've been watching the NBA for 27. The devs know who I am, and have gone to me for information at times. I do in fact, have more topical & applicable knowledge than the average basketball / 2k fan.

2. I could care less if people use my work or someone else's. It isn't a competition to me. My "brand" is having trustworthy information and not BSing people.

3. I have stated multiple times that this isn't a criticism of the roster. What I take issue with is people selling a false bill of goods. Claiming ANY roster to be a gameplay panacea (Definition: a solution or remedy for all difficulties or diseases) when it is demonstrably not (at least through my 5 quarters of testing).

4. The fact that this conversation is even happening MEANS that they are doing good things. If they can't handle one informed dude on the internet diving deeper, what's gonna happen when they get hired by 2K and a million people are saying the game sucks?

If they roll through here, they can use this data to better their product. As a content creator, that's the kind of feedback we're looking for.

There's a difference between "Good job!" and "Good job because _________"
I was trying real hard not to argue with you again......lol

Who cares dude? If the game plays better with certain rosters than great for them. It did for me so I'll suggest to others. If someone else tries and it doesnt for them that's fine too. It doesnt for you, great. Why would anyone have to defend to you why it plays better to them. I dont care why it's better for me it just is.

I cant at all figure out your objective? It comes off like you need to defend the developers no matter what but I cant understand why they need to be defended. No ones attacking anyone. The game has issues and people are working hard to try and improve the experience. That's not anyone attacking the devs that's just people trying to make a situation better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2021, 06:30 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I cant at all figure out your objective?
Quote:
I want to dissect the nuts and bolts in a meaningful way. What is that "thing" that improves the defense? Is it transferrable to the rest of the game?
Specificity.

I went out of my way to present specific examples to convey what I was talking about.

I understand that's not an easy ask. Which is why one user wanted to present a red herring and question my character/credibility - that's a lot easier than critical thinking (and does absolutely nothing to divulge an answer).

Am I expecting too much?

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-12-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:56 PM   #47
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Specificity.

I went out of my way to present specific examples to convey what I was talking about.

I understand that's not an easy ask. Which is why one user wanted to present a red herring and question my character/credibility - that's a lot easier than critical thinking (and does absolutely nothing to divulge an answer).

Am I expecting too much?
I also dont see the need to question your character/credibility so that was unfortunate.

I wouldn't necessarily say you are expecting too much I just dont see it necessary.

2k developers know what is going on. No chance they don't. You've even touched on how it's not just an easy fix so I'm not sure what you proving everyone wrong who thinks the game play better with any roster is accomplishing?

It seems like your mind is made up that rosters cant do anything to fix or even improve the game and you are hell bent on making sure that's known.

Theres a place for that but I dont see why it's not easier to let people be happy if they are experiencing better gameplay no matter the reason.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 01-12-2021 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:09 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Specificity.

Am I expecting too much?

I never questioned your character or credibility (I don’t know u) I questioned your motives and the fact that u are coming off very supercilious to anyone reading your posts in a thread that didn’t even require your initial response to begin with.......

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »