Home

NBA 2K22 vs 2K23 pics (Jordan + WNBA)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 vs 2K23 pics (Jordan + WNBA) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2022, 09:55 PM   #33
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K22 vs 2K23 pics (Jordan + WNBA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoa
But are you satisfied with that? For years, 2K has invested ZERO in graphics. See the evolution we had in the body, sweat effects, shadows....it´s ZERO!

Okay, Jordan from 2K23 looks a little better, but it's next to nothing. NBA games need a competition, 2K alone in the market is lazier than ever before.

Since the excellent NBA 2K14 next gen, the franchise's graphics have either gotten worse or stayed the same year on year.
Gotta say I disagree. I can't go back to the PS4 games after playing next-gen, the graphical leap is too obvious. Yes they need to improve/actually use full-body scans, but outside of that the graphics are fantastic and definitely not a weak-point for the series.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:22 AM   #34
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Gotta say I disagree. I can't go back to the PS4 games after playing next-gen, the graphical leap is too obvious. Yes they need to improve/actually use full-body scans, but outside of that the graphics are fantastic and definitely not a weak-point for the series.
Yeah I disagree as well. I went back and downloaded 18 and 19 a couple of weeks ago just to see what they looked like in comparison to what 21 and 22 looks like and it's not close. The textures aren't in the same ballpark. All of the players look "ashy" on last gen compared to current gen in my opinion...
Old 07-13-2022, 10:52 AM   #35
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3

I respect your opinion... and in a way I agree. The graphics are better than the last generation.

I just think it could be so much better. For me, we had a big leap from NBA 2K6 to NBA 2K7, as well as from NBA 2K13 to NBA 2K14. That's what I was talking about.

The Xbox Series/PS5 generation only had texture, color and brightness upgrades, but it's the same game, faces, body, exactly the same game as the last generation, you know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2022, 11:29 AM   #36
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoa
I respect your opinion... and in a way I agree. The graphics are better than the last generation.

I just think it could be so much better. For me, we had a big leap from NBA 2K6 to NBA 2K7, as well as from NBA 2K13 to NBA 2K14. That's what I was talking about.

The Xbox Series/PS5 generation only had texture, color and brightness upgrades, but it's the same game, faces, body, exactly the same game as the last generation, you know?

I understand. I know that in that article, Ronnie2k said that now that they've had some time to learn and work with the current gen hardware, that they've been able to fine tune the game. I'm hoping that's the case. I'm interested to know what this "New System" is that he was referring to?
Old 07-13-2022, 11:44 AM   #37
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K22 vs 2K23 pics (Jordan + WNBA)

Body models I get, Some of the face models I can understand…I also get we have a Live following here that simply isn’t going to vibe with 2Ks art style regardless…but this about the only place I’ve seen that thinks 2K is a bad looking game..

I feel like 2K22 is one of the better looking current gen games period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I understand. I know that in that article, Ronnie2k said that now that they've had some time to learn and work with the current gen hardware, that they've been able to fine tune the game. I'm hoping that's the case. I'm interested to know what this "New System" is that he was referring to?
I wouldn’t hold your breath until you hear Mike or Czar talk about it tbh man lol
Old 07-13-2022, 11:56 AM   #38
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Body models I get, Some of the face models I can understand…I also get we have a Live following here that simply isn’t going to vibe with 2Ks art style regardless…but this about the only place I’ve seen that thinks 2K is a bad looking game..

I feel like 2K22 is one of the better looking current gen games period.

I wouldn’t hold your breath until you hear Mike or Czar talk about it tbh man lol
Yeah I know man lol. I'm just hoping. As far as the faces, you can even tell the difference in 23 versus 22 with MJ, Diana, Devin, and Sue Bird. They look better than last year to me. So, at least for me, graphics aren't an issue. They do need to make sure the colors are on point though lol.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:52 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yeah I know man lol. I'm just hoping. As far as the faces, you can even tell the difference in 23 versus 22 with MJ, Diana, Devin, and Sue Bird. They look better than last year to me. So, at least for me, graphics aren't an issue. They do need to make sure the colors are on point though lol.
Those players all did get new scans though. I’m really hoping they s don’t go back to washed out colors.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:13 AM   #40
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

I did see this- Interesting

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »