Home

Slimm44's 2k14 Editing Guide

This is a discussion on Slimm44's 2k14 Editing Guide within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Slimm44's 2k14 Editing Guide

How can i access your doc??
Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungDre
How can i access your doc??
Click the link
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 2

@Slimm

Thanks for the guide. A few questions about tendencies, sorry if it they've been asked before...

1) Is Sizeup/Hesi/Straight all at 0 the same as having them at any other identical value, or is there a specific reason for zero?

2) Are you still seeing hesitation/sizeup moves with 0, or are they basically removed using this value? Would you say that gameplay suffers if I use higher numbers instead?

3) You've mentioned a "skill tree" for certain moves. Do you make exceptions regarding your dribble move caps for players who use momentum shots frequently? For example, if I want a player to take a lot of stepback shots, would there be higher values for Hesi/Stepback necessary than your max of 25, or is this kind of a sweet spot already with higher values breaking gameplay?

Oh, and if you've been explaining this stuff over and over again already, just tell me to look for previous answers, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
@Slimm

Thanks for the guide. A few questions about tendencies, sorry if it they've been asked before...

1) Is Sizeup/Hesi/Straight all at 0 the same as having them at any other identical value, or is there a specific reason for zero?

I don't see players using these moves at all when they are at 0. I personally like that because it cuts down on the And-1 Mixtape action.

2) Are you still seeing hesitation/sizeup moves with 0, or are they basically removed using this value? Would you say that gameplay suffers if I use higher numbers instead?

I think that gameplay looks much less realistic when these tendencies are higher. It's not that NBA players aren't capable of doing the moves, it's that they rarely ever do them.

3) You've mentioned a "skill tree" for certain moves. Do you make exceptions regarding your dribble move caps for players who use momentum shots frequently? For example, if I want a player to take a lot of stepback shots, would there be higher values for Hesi/Stepback necessary than your max of 25, or is this kind of a sweet spot already with higher values breaking gameplay?

That was actually qpc123's idea. He would be better suited to answer this question

Oh, and if you've been explaining this stuff over and over again already, just tell me to look for previous answers, lol.
Responses in bold. You're on PC, aren't you?
Old 10-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 25

"Skill Trees" are just a group of what skills a player needs to do certain things, like stepback jumpers.

I have not tested any ranges to see if there are "trigger values" for any moves.

Almost everything that there is a tendency is for is something that players have the ability do even if that tendency is set to zero. The tendecies effect the frequency at which things occur, so if you want to see something more often the raise that tendency. However, one tendency change can have an effect on mulitple other tendencies.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
The PnR vs Fade tendencies need an addition that lets editors know that a player must have a tendency of at least 1 for Mid Range Shot and at least 20 for 3pt Shot to be able to have Pick & Fade/3pt plays assigned to them.

Credit goes to FishBowlMan on this one, I only verified it.
Also, the Tendency to Roll vs. Fade appears to be backwards. The higher the Tendency, the more likely they are to Roll and the lower the Tendency, the more likely they are to Fade. This is opposite of what the guide says. I will update the guide soon, but I can't get to it earlier than this evening, at best.

Some rough ideas to illustrate the Roll Vs. Fade Tendency:

Dirk 0 - Should fade every time
D-12 100 - Should roll every time
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #55
MVP

Hey, guys. Long time no post. Me, bigtreydawg and qpc123 have been in the lab for a few days. We've come up with several new nuggets of information that we'll share when we're done testing. There are some things that will change and some new information to add. Will let you know when we get things solidified and will also update the editing guide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Hey, guys. Long time no post. Me, bigtreydawg and qpc123 have been in the lab for a few days. We've come up with several new nuggets of information that we'll share when we're done testing. There are some things that will change and some new information to add. Will let you know when we get things solidified and will also update the editing guide.
Alright sounds great man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »