Home

NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
LOL
But Tony Parker underneath him looks really good.

I think the screenshots are amazin'! But 2 questions: Why can't 2K ever make the players grip the rim and grip the basketball without that space between their hand and the ball? And why are their nets so loose and flimsy?!!!!-2 of the few things LIVE does better than 2k, IMO.

LOL
Dude players havent been touching the rim sence nba live 96. its in every basketball game..its real hard to fix so why waste time when its BEARLY noticeable in real time.....are you gonnia sit there playing with your buddies and stop play just to replay every dunk you just did to see if the guys hands grabs the rim??? i think not. Thats like saying iam not playing any hockey video game cause the ice isnt white enough.

Last edited by i c u cant stop me; 09-10-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
LOL
But Tony Parker underneath him looks really good.

I think the screenshots are amazin'! But 2 questions: Why can't 2K ever make the players grip the rim and grip the basketball without that space between their hand and the ball? And why are their nets so loose and flimsy?!!!!-2 of the few things LIVE does better than 2k, IMO.

LOL
haha, I like your sarcasm.

By the way, in reference to your sig, it doesn't bode well with me!

To be honest, they just leave it on default, I really think the shooting is lights out in the game when left on 50. That's one of my problems with online play, seeing as how all sliders are default. When I play against my friends, we purposely lower all shooting to 48 on the bars and we get really realistic shooting %'s. I feel like when we play with 50's, we score way too much and hit almost every shot contested or not.

With some of the bars adjusted it becomes a much more realistic game (collision detection, more charges/blocks/bodying/fouls that aren't called) it's great and simulates real life basketball even more.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:58 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
Dude players havent been touching the rim sence nba live 96. its in every basketball game..its real hard to fix so why waste time when its BEARLY noticeable in real time.....are you gonnia sit there playing with your buddies and stop play just to replay every dunk you just did to see if the guys hands grabs the rim??? i think not. Thats like saying iam not playing any hockey video game cause the ice isnt white enough.
He's just kidding, he's referring to a post I made earlier mocking the complaints regarding the hands not touching the rim.

I suspect he's an avid 2k fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 01:07 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 11

"Girl gimme dat GAMEPLAY"
Old 09-10-2008, 01:45 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
He's just kidding, he's referring to a post I made earlier mocking the complaints regarding the hands not touching the rim.

o my fault i didnt read your post from a few pages back. i was about to say lol. Iam like hands not touching the rim is in every basketball game.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:47 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch

I was actually bein' genuine when makin' the comment about the grip...and the net. It may have always been that way, but does that mean it should continue to be that way? I'm an avid sports fan-not 2K or Live. So, of course I want ultra-realism. And the hand thing just gets to me because it looks so weird....still. Now, that won't stop me from buyin' the game, not at all. Because true, it's not very noticable durin' gameplay. Just wanted to clarify. It's possible (for some of us) to appreciate a developer or game and still point out weird issues new or old. Calm down, guys. And let's maturely discuss the facts.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:04 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
I was actually bein' genuine when makin' the comment about the grip...and the net. It may have always been that way, but does that mean it should continue to be that way? I'm an avid sports fan-not 2K or Live. So, of course I want ultra-realism. And the hand thing just gets to me because it looks so weird....still. Now, that won't stop me from buyin' the game, not at all. Because true, it's not very noticable durin' gameplay. Just wanted to clarify. It's possible (for some of us) to appreciate a developer or game and still point out weird issues new or old. Calm down, guys. And let's maturely discuss the facts.
To be honest, it's only a few dunks it does that on. In the #2 trailer, iguodala's hands clearly rip down the rim as he goes for a two handed dunk. Not that I know too much about gaming engines, but I assume this is some sort of model problem that they cant fix right now. Perhaps they're having problems during certain sequences where one player hits another and it is an unknown variable how high the player will jump due to a collision instead of a regular jump (just a theory).

I don't think its enough to jump ship like another guy was suggesting in this thread solely due to some graphic problems. Next gen, and sports gaming has come a long way since 10 years ago; we've simply come to expect too much with all the technology that's provided for us nowadays and many people tend to take things for granted (generally speaking).

I might have bashed Live but that's simply because I used to love the game, and I'm sorely disappointed that they've completely ruined what in 2004 to me was a great basketball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 03:50 AM   #56
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

The net animation in Live is better? Give me what you're smoking...

You must play ball with chain nets..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »