Home

NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying)

The screens look great. They may not be up to par with the teaser videos, but I don't see much of a difference.

People need to stop being so biased about one game or the other. How about being a grown up and playing both games for what they are worth. Don't not like new versions of Live or 2K because the last time you played it, you didn't like it. Play both games each year and then decide whether or not one game isn't for you. No one persons opinion is anymore valid than the next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
I'm getting tired of the "children" here not allowing users to post their OPINIONS on these boards w/o giving them crap, and basically telling them that their opinion is not correct(which makes no sense whatsoever). That's ONE of the reasons that we have forums. Just please keep in mind that everyone has a right to their own opinion...

ANYWAY, I'm liking the pics so far. I am not a graphic "ho" (I still remember thinking mario brothers were the greatest looking thing when they came out) so as long as the game play/association 2.0 is good, then I'm happy...
Word! I remember being in awe of Mario Bros. when I 1st played it on my parents floor model television lol

I said it b4, perception is everything and I think a lot of the younger cats on here are just spoiled by the high quality technology available now and don't know any different

I know some people who didn't like GTA when it 1st came out cause they thought the graphics sucked but I was stuck on the gameplay and the story. Graphics are nice but they aren't everything...
Old 09-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
How about being a grown up and playing both games for what they are worth.
There's nothing grown up about playing videogames. They bring the kid out of all of us. Mature and immature.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
There's nothing grown up about playing videogames. They bring the kid out of all of us. Mature and immature.
. @ growing up and playing a videogame. LMAO.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #29
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apologize
Maybe its time to convert to NBA Live 09..Looks promising..

I am a 2k fan though..We need a demo to compare the too..I do however like the new Live 09..

If 2k dont fix that sliding crap they got with their player movement I will not buy 2k this year..Will be the first time..Hopefully they fix that crap..
If 2K's main problem is that sliding, it means that 2K is the best thing you can wish for. On the other hand, there are some games out there that have the ENTIRE gameplay broken and no one even thinks of fixing it... just to put things in perspective...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #30
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
First off, read my post above. Second, I never suggested that any sports game developer would use an entirely new/different engine from year to year... what I said was that it looks like they used the "EXACT SAME ENGINE" from last year and just redid the faces and added better looking accessories. With that said, it is obvious that VC hasn't been tweaking/adding to the engine enough since this gen started as its basically the same engine since 2K6 and all the jaggies that popped out at me in last years game made that painfully clear. I like what I saw in the teasers from a graphical standpoint and want the game to come as close to that as possible, again if I actually had some real-time direct feed footage to go off of, then maybe I dont make that comment but THOSE screens dont look as good/rich.
Of course they probably used the exact same engine from a year ago and tweaked it. What do you expect them to do? These companies have less than a year cycle to work on a game which is not nearly enough time to complete and polish a new engine. These games would have to take a year off to do something like that. That's why Madden/Live/2k are basically using the same old engines with tweaks.
The game was considered by many to be the best sim ever so why tamper with that? You are entitled to your opinion though.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I know you and sage had no ill intent in your replies, but just for clarification:

The idea I was trying to get across is to act like a grown up when determining how you (not you specifically) are going to portray yourself when expressing your opinion about anything, but specifically in this case, a video game. I am 30 years old, married and I have a full time career. I am a mature, grown man and I play video games. But I am also a basketball FAN and I enjoy playing both the Live and 2K series, as they both have their respective good and bad aspects.

You won't find me spewing a biased hatred to one game or the other, just because I'm "loyal" to either game. There is far to much of that going on in these forums.

Last edited by joel0078; 09-09-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #32
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

can soemone post the pics that sites blocked at my job...

TIA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »