Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Wizards vs. Raptors

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Wizards vs. Raptors within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 01:34 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K9 Video: Wizards vs. Raptors

I also think this is the best video so far...nice natural alley oop, good post play, players look a lot better, overall presentation

Spacing could be improved (the dinky 2 ft pass), and A.I. reaction (gilbert should have driven/moved after the calderon reach in) ...but overall it's looking great!

btw..thanks Steve for your dedication to this coverage...keep up the good work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 01:44 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

OK, THIS GAME LOOKS SICK! I can't stop watching this video. Just to see the difference, I watched a video of NBA2K8 and last year's version looked like a "game," compared to 2k9 which looks like reality. The animations (and transitions) are some of the best and they really bring these player models to life like I've never seen before. The sheer subtleties of the animations are what really makes this game look so life-like.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:44 AM   #27
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
Yea, it looked like the offense was going through Haywood, thought it would of been more likely to see Stevenson fake then jack that three.

Then again it's a video game.

As a Wizard fan, the wizards do go through Haywood at the start of games, to get him off and feeling good, seems like when he feels like he's involved early he plays better, as to the improvement of him this year. So that vid seem about right to be for them to go through haywood, and usually when haywood gets the ball he's not passing it. So that's about right.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 09-23-2008, 01:49 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Caron reading the defense and taking a jumper off the dribble in the delayed fastbreak niiiice!
Arenas' midair collission, very niiice! They had midair collisions last year but it always looked like they were getting sucked in to the animation, this one is butter.

But this is the last vid I'm gonna watch. I want to see whats left of the new animations and hear the new commentaries when I actually have the game in my hands. Thanks for all the effort thought Steve
Old 09-23-2008, 01:56 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman
They had midair collisions last year but it always looked like they were getting sucked in to the animation, this one is butter.

Yup, I also liked seeing Calderon get by Jamison for that layup. Way too often I get in there with CP3 or A.I. only to get sucked into a blocking animation by Earl Boykins or Radmanovic.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 AM   #30
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15

This vid was good, man this game plays so well. I like the stat overlay when Arenas was at the line gives it more of a TV broadcast feel when playing the game. Watching that guy's live 2K9 gameplay will turn u off from the game, but this vid really got me hype up more for 2K9. The wait is killing me!!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:17 AM   #31
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
So nobody else noticed the first 6 or so shots by the AI were Haywood jumpers and a leaning 3pt shot? Other then that oop, their offense looked slow and predictable.
I've just come to accept that the AI isn't going to run an extremely dangerous offense. And I think its because of the super fast recovery speed that defensive players possess.

Like for instance in Live in order to really stop a team you've got to play really good D because you don't have as much room for error like in 2K games.

For example on ball defense in 2K8 wasn't that hard because of the defense recovery speed you can keep up with a player even if he has beaten you off the dribble. While in Live if you get burned off the dribble you really get worried because if your help defense doesn't react quick enough you know you might be giving up 2 easy points or a foul.

Same thing goes for off ball defense you can keep up with offensive players because screeners never really search for you, they always set the pick in the same spot. So that makes guarding players off the ball really easy. Or you can do other things like let the screen hit you because you know that you'll still be able to keep up with the offensive player.

Not to mention going for steals in 2K isn't that bad because they never really put you out of position when playing D.

Basically what I'm saying is on past 2K games as a defender the amount of errors you can make while playing defense is just too high. Especially while making those same errors you can still prevent the other team from scoring. Hopefully this years game addresses these issues because I think it would make the half court game even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great vid! Thanks Steve

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »