Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Wizards vs. Raptors

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Wizards vs. Raptors within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K9 Video: Wizards vs. Raptors

A few comments, coming from a big raps fan...

-Sweet "Let's go raptors" chant! Did not expect that!
-When Ukic subbed in, it was definitely a pic of some random guy.. hopefully that is fixed for release.
-They made A.Parker darker for some reason, it now looks less like the real AP.
-Bosh automatically setting picks for Jose! I like
-I think there were some defensive stopper "sig" animations right around the 1 minute mark, JO guarding Haywood.
-Some nice baskets by Butler... He is finding ways to score other than going to the rim and catch-and-shoot.
-Hopefully they have Jose's "three fingers" sig animation after he nails a 3. I have a feeling it will be in there.
-Moon has a new sig shot, Calderon has new sig dribbling.
-Why doesn't moon have a highflyer symbol?

Bosh-star
Calderon- three
AP - three
Kapono - three
JO - stopper
Moon- stopper

Nice looking lineup!!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:30 AM   #34
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Why? You always have the Live demo
I think that was the torture he was talking about...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-23-2008, 02:33 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 9

A.I. continues to look dumb and predictable, but there's something about this game that is incredibly sterile, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the commentary and how it follows the ridiculous "bucket = one-liner" philosophy to a T. It's too bad the Live demo feels like I'm playing a game from 2005, or this would be the first year since 2003 that I bought Live instead of 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 02:37 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 31

Seeing more things I dislike than like. Maybe I'm too cynical but every basket was assisted for by the Wizards. Way too much interior passing (Brendan Haywood can barely catch the ball let alone make those type of passes).

All in all it is just a video game. But taking that into account I feel like NBA2k is where Madden was in 2005, everybody else seemed to enjoy it but I felt like I was playing the same game I had been since 1995 (thus I enjoyed NFL 2k series more, just as many bugs but a new challenge). 2k's lack of CPU one on one isolation play is just too glaring not to mention it. Every CPU team will average 30 assists a game again against me! This along with the lack of changes to player customization makes me doubting a release day purchase. I may just wait until gamefly can send me a copy.

Thanks Steve and OS for making these decisions easier! I love what this site has become since the old days (just forum). We have developers and homemade videos and all kinds of goodies. One of the best communities there is.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:40 AM   #37
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Very nice vid. The speed seemed just right and the flow of the game is great! Thanks Steve!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-23-2008, 02:48 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Seeing more things I dislike than like. Maybe I'm too cynical but every basket was assisted for by the Wizards. Way too much interior passing (Brendan Haywood can barely catch the ball let alone make those type of passes).

All in all it is just a video game. But taking that into account I feel like NBA2k is where Madden was in 2005, everybody else seemed to enjoy it but I felt like I was playing the same game I had been since 1995 (thus I enjoyed NFL 2k series more, just as many bugs but a new challenge). 2k's lack of CPU one on one isolation play is just too glaring not to mention it. Every CPU team will average 30 assists a game again against me! This along with the lack of changes to player customization makes me doubting a release day purchase. I may just wait until gamefly can send me a copy.

Thanks Steve and OS for making these decisions easier! I love what this site has become since the old days (just forum). We have developers and homemade videos and all kinds of goodies. One of the best communities there is.
You're not too cynical, alot of people feel the same way. It's crazy to think I probably won't be buying any NBA game this year (I've been buying them every year since Live 95). The lack of feeling like you're playing against the real team is too glaring as well. I think that's what is making the game so sterile.

Team specific playbooks and playsets is a must before I buy NBA 2K again.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:15 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 23

[quote=fluent2332;2038735995] The lack of feeling like you're playing against the real team is too glaring as well. I think that's what is making the game so sterile.

[quote]

Agreed. It'll be another year of every AI team playing the same and big men not utilizing their size and strength in the post.

Everyone will say that its the best bball game ever made for the first couple of months, and then the repetitiveness will be too much to be ignored.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:23 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2
wow. this video was amazing. calderon dribbles like how he dribbles in real life! nuts. the gameplay looks really smooth. i'm a raptors fan so watching this video and hearing the crowds chant "lets go raptors" was awesome.

i'm not too much into all the extra features like dynasty mode and all that stuff. i like playing the game with my siblings and cousins and friends. the experience comes from kicking their asses or getting my own *** kicked. its more fun.

so.. this leads to my biggest concern in a sim ball game: gameplay. gameplay is very important. and it looks like nba 2k9's gameplay has improved from last year. i hate how last year, if u go up for a shot, u can't change the shot to a pass.

i haven't seen anything on the play calling yet. nba live 09's play calling looks great this year. man.. i just don't know what to buy. i own the 2k8 last year, but this year, i'm stuck in between the two. and both game's demo is not out for the ps3 so i'm constantly on OS awaiting new videos and articles on the two game. sigh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »