Home

Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

This is a discussion on Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

I am gonna have to agree with everyone else. The game is very frustrating because it is so close to playing a great game of basketball, but the defense and a few other things are seriously flawed.

It is like I can feel the game cheating. I would rather have a simpler game that is fun and balanced. Same for football. After playing SF4 and LOW its like I can feel how overly complicated and un-fun these sports games have gotten.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #26
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Join a league with other fellow sim ballers and STFU. This game is amazing when played with other HUMANS. Stop complaining and step your game up. I am sick and tired of all the bashing. 2k9 is the crown jewel of basketball games; because it has a high learning curve and the manual doesn't do it justice, people cry like little girls over issues that are overcome with superior stick skills and knowledge about the control configurations.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 34
I agree...this game made me ANGRY.

When a game does that, there's absolutely no reason to play it.

I gave it every shot I could, but this game literally made me hate basketball, whenever I played it.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Join a league with other fellow sim ballers and STFU. This game is amazing when played with other HUMANS. Stop complaining and step your game up. I am sick and tired of all the bashing. 2k9 is the crown jewel of basketball games; because it has a high learning curve and the manual doesn't do it justice, people cry like little girls over issues that are overcome with superior stick skills and knowledge about the control configurations.

LMAO...

I can agree but SIM Ballers can suck the fun out of the game by restricting what you can and cant do.

Maybe there should be more Semi-Sim leagues.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #29
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

can we archive this post.

I mean its obvious he read the OP article, and put such thought into his response, i feel like others need to see his post and use it as the "Model Prayer" when replying to threads like this in the future.

It is so constructive and on point with the ongoing discussion...

Mods?
Old 03-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #30
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Uh yeah, these issues don't just magically disappear when you're playing another human. We all know how to play the game, and most of us have been involved in sim leagues for years (myself included, a now-former member of Extreme Sims, Elite Sims, and Total Sim franchises). I can play my friends and the game is still inherently frustrating due to the litany of issues it has -- people can play totally realistically and there is still crazy bull**** like clipping, warping, and moronic teammate AI going on constantly.

It's great that you like the game, but coming into this thread with a bunch of respected posters who have contributed a lot to the game over the past 3+ years and telling them to "STFU" and "step your game up" is unproductive at best.

LOL @ GSW... that sarcasm is so thick... when I breathe in, I can taste it.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 31

Well done. Good post and great examples. Great work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #32
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Look at it like this. No momentus videos this year, and you have DC of all people saying he may be spending more time in the live forums... surely the world is at an end as we know it...
That'd be preferable - I'd love to see him in the Live forums holding that game to the same standard/same set of expectations, and see what gets said.

I can't speak to any enjoyment/lack of enjoyment Momentous has had, but he's posted long videos of his online games with people that have been enjoyable to watch (of the ones I've seen). Personally the overall tone of the the forums - and perhaps the site itself - where's there seems to be more emphasis placed on what might happen or what we might see in the future makes having thoughtful debates difficult. I can understand people being frustrated but I don't understand the mostly pessimistic tone some people take given the game's history. I think that's contributed a lot to people not posting.

Personally I absolutely love the game, particularly post-patch. And marvel at how well the game flows when tweaked to personal tastes. But I'm not analyzing or judging it on the level some are, where some seem frustrated because 2K tried to make the game more accessible and would rather 2K stuck to a more rigid structure.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »