Home

Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

This is a discussion on Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #33
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

What's up with OP's thing under his name "Steve says I'm pitiful"? Anyone care to explain that.

And didn't OP's name used to be red? How is it white, that's wild IMO.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #34
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Join a league with other fellow sim ballers and STFU. This game is amazing when played with other HUMANS. Stop complaining and step your game up. I am sick and tired of all the bashing. 2k9 is the crown jewel of basketball games; because it has a high learning curve and the manual doesn't do it justice, people cry like little girls over issues that are overcome with superior stick skills and knowledge about the control configurations.
Always the answer to everything
Old 03-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #35
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Despite all the things it does right the games flaws make trying to play it for me waaayyy to frustrating. they missed the mark this year.

No sugar can coat that. Lets not baby them. They had a great year in sales but muffed the delivery. I was severly dissappointed in this years game. How is it that I have not even played 10 games from beginning to end of my favorite hoop series. Every few weeks I try and go back but despite all the beauty and the depth of the franchise the gameplay itself is off.

Look at it like this. No momentus videos this year, and you have DC of all people saying he may be spending more time in the live forums... surely the world is at an end as we know it...
200% agree I've barely finished 8 total games just to get achievements and even if I win I'm pissed on how much I had to tolerate to get that win.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 03-24-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #36
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW

can we archive this post.

I mean its obvious he read the OP article, and put such thought into his response, i feel like others need to see his post and use it as the "Model Prayer" when replying to threads like this in the future.

It is so constructive and on point with the ongoing discussion...

Mods?
None of that in this thread sir.. anyone following his lead will be taken care of
Old 03-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #37
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

2K8....better defensive AI?

NBA 2K8....better defense?

"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 03-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #38
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

i am dumbfounded by all the "i-cant-take-another-second-of-nba2k9" talk!!! yes it has it's issues but DAMN... it's not THAT bad & is still the best option.

yes EA has some very innovative ground work to build on BUT there is a reason all of you "2k players" switched from Live in the first place! MAAAAYBEEE they have changed there motto.... MAAAYBEEE they have finally done something to make their product better (after taking 5 years 2 do-so)

BUT 2k has OBVIOUSLY been listening & fixing!

LIVE MADE SUCH A HUGE JUMP ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE THAT FAR BEHIND!

would we have rather had the "gradual fixing & new concepts" each year that 2k does that is which specific to our complaints
or
Live's yearly ignoring of what there fans desire & then FINALLY fixing something and interacting after a 6 years & come off smelling like a bed of roses.

IM SO CONFUSED! i'm not saying that 2k9 doesn't have problams BUT they do not outweigh the positives & the 2k mods fix our gripes or as another poster stated "we would still be complaining about the same things from last year!"

i still love the game... i do wish that some things get fixed pronto... i expect that they will because they always address problem... & even though i long for the day of a "perfect-out-the-box" b-ball game; i know that is not reality... a lot of this bashing is slighty understandable but not warranted & definitley not to the level of:
"I CAN"T PLAY THIS GAME AT ALL!"

we will see the majority of you whining & complaining or praising and posting in excitement about NBA 2K next year... & the year after... & the year after

#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #39
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
2K8....better defensive AI?

NBA 2K8....better defense?

Your post are getting more mediocre by the second with none facts.

Fact is Defense was better in 2k8 along with the sliding less of a factor or the clipping. Sad thing is I have proof. Enjoy OS for here is the proof that 2k9 stepped backwards, not forward and is terrible and justifying even more what Chris said!

NBA 2k8

Watch NBA 2k8 - Xbox 360 - Gameplay in NBA  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

NBA 2k9

Watch NBA 2k9 - ALL-STAR GAME 2009 in Gaming  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Last edited by Behindshadows; 03-24-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #40
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

^ Whats funny about that statement? Do you not see how mentally ******** the defense is in 2K9?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »