Home

NBA 2K11 Video: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spure (2 Minutes)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spure (2 Minutes) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #41
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K11 Video: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spure (2 Minutes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******Pride
I like the playcalling diagrams but am I the only one that finds the first circle very stupid?

Why does the ball carrier have to go to a specific spot to start the play? It looks very awkward and feels awkward when playing.

You're the point guard and then suddenly you move to the opposite side of the court just to start a play. It's not a very natural thing at all.

I propose, and will continue to do so for NBA 2K12 that 2K get rid of that circle and just start up the play when you call for it.

There is no real benefit to making the ball carrier start from a specific spot.
I thought the automatic play flipping was supposed to fix this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #42
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K11 Gameplay Heat vs Spurs

Very nice 2 mins. The first wade dunk was a little too flashy for the scenario, but nice nonetheless.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #43
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I thought the automatic play flipping was supposed to fix this?
Even so, its still awkward.

While movement is diagrammed, I'm positive that no coach tells the ball carrier to start the play from a specific spot on the court. Maybe, the play is designed to start from the wing or the top of the circle, but not a small circled area of the court.

Forcing players to stand on that circle is awkward. If guys have the AI calling the plays, then they want the play to happen so it doesn't make sense to give the user a spot to start to trigger the play start. It should just start as soon as possible or be triggered by a much, much larger portion of the court.

I know, for example, that the Lakers Triangle starts further away from the three point line. Fine. But, neither Odom, nor Kobe nor Fisher stand in a circle to start the play. They stand in an specific area of the court.

It sounds very minor and it is. I just like to think that when I'm playing, I should be able to record the game and everything should move naturally. When I have to move my guard to a small circled spot, it just feels like I'm being directed and it eliminates the real fluid TV Broadcast feel.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 09-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #44
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

I see they have lebron down to a t because he definitely traveled on that spin step dunk at 2:20 and he does the same thing he did with clev get the ball, have his teammates run around making it look like they were running a play but the whole while everyone knew he was going to drive the lane or shoot even though the user gave him a wide open shot by standing theresmh. Keep that up lebron and you will never win a ring lol

Last edited by fatleg3; 09-26-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #45
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******Pride
Even so, its still awkward.

While movement is diagrammed, I'm positive that no coach tells the ball carrier to start the play from a specific spot on the court. Maybe, the play is designed to start from the wing or the top of the circle, but not a small circled area of the court.

Forcing players to stand on that circle is awkward. If guys have the AI calling the plays, then they want the play to happen so it doesn't make sense to give the user a spot to start to trigger the play start. It should just start as soon as possible or be triggered by a much, much larger portion of the court.

I know, for example, that the Lakers Triangle starts further away from the three point line. Fine. But, neither Odom, nor Kobe nor Fisher stand in a circle to start the play. They stand in an specific area of the court.

It sounds very minor and it is. I just like to think that when I'm playing, I should be able to record the game and everything should move naturally. When I have to move my guard to a small circled spot, it just feels like I'm being directed and it eliminates the real fluid TV Broadcast feel.
hopefully they can work on that for next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2
that dwade dunk was nice and the lebron spin dunk was sweet also
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 12
This video was much more impressive than the Bulls vs Lakers video imo, no generics here. I can't see me playing the with the classic teams very often.

The Wade and Lebron dunks were very nice. The presentation is much better in this video as well.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:08 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Oh my...the Heat are going to be trouble to face...geez, the Heat are no joke at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »