Home

What happened to Kareem, Dr. J., and C-Webb?

This is a discussion on What happened to Kareem, Dr. J., and C-Webb? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: What happened to Kareem, Dr. J., and C-Webb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnique
I am a little bummed at the lack of legends focus. I was hoping for something new and unique. Dream team and 01 Sixers is nice but lacked the punch I was hoping for. I kind of think it comes down to ego for some of these retired players. "Oh Barkley got paid...how much? Oh, you need to pay me that too" kind of thing. It is also a bit strange that we can have Barkley on the Dream Team but there is no classic team. Seriously....what kind of confusing legal stuff is that?

Anyhow, I am getting more and more curious about that whole 2kShare thing people have mentioned and some sort of "Kennedy?" DLC that allowed you to add a ton of classic players to the DLC.

Can anyone break down what happened and how it worked?
Can anyone explain 2kShare? I have never seen or used it.
Will this 2kShare be an possible option for some "created" legends to fill the voids on 2K13?

Sorry for my ignorance but I think I missed a nice perk in 2k12.

If you have bought the Legend`s Showcase DLC it is the easiest thing to do.
1) Buy the DLC and install it.
2) After installing it, in the game menu select the option "features".
3) In features select "2Kshare" (you`ve got to be connected on line).
4) In 2kshare select "download".
5) In "download" select "roster" and "most downloaded".
6) the most downloaded rosters will appear on your screen. Have a look at them and you`ll find rosters entitled "DLC roster on free agent pool" or "all DLC classic players on free agents pool", stuff like that.
7) Choose one of them, download it, save it and then go back to the game and load it.

Classic players from the DLC will be on the free agents list and you will be able to add them to any team you want, current or classic.
I`ve just downloaded a classic DLC file on 2kshare yesterday!
Beware that there are some files that actually do not have all classic players from the DLC or many of them. Since there are more than one file to choose/download, you will have to choose the one you like best.

Hope it helps and have fun.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
This is a test. If people were to look for ratings of a missing player, are these readable at all?

Chris Webber
Spoiler

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar ('87)
Spoiler
this is very wise sir.
just last night i got myself a little notebook and wrote down all the ratings for KAJ, Doc and Webber. also copied down some of my favorite CAPs like Nick Van Exel, Rick Fox, Happy Hairston, ive got a few pages :/

this is the only reason im not selling 2k12 right away. it will basically become a resource for creating old players. it will definitely come in handy, im sure of it.
it will turn out to be invaluable if theres no legends DLC like last year. luckily we were able to get all those guys out of the DLC mode and in the regular game to see, and now record, their attributes.

plus i spent a good amount of hours editing some players to, what i believe, is perfection. i probably spent the most hours on Bob McAdoo, Jason Williams, a young (but old faced ) Saba, and Stevie Franchise.
it would be nice to not lose that work.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think money is an issue. But I also think principle plays a role. Some players are just very protective with whom they lend out their name. Nike? Sure. Lender's Bagels? Maybe. Yankee Candles? Hell yes. Visual Concepts? Not so sure. Maybe the money for being on 2K doesn't match what they'd get for being one of the sole spokesmen for one of the other companies. Also, at least one legend (Barkley) brought up the fact that he usually doesn't like associating with the NBA because he doesn't like the lack of support they provide for his retired teammates (and others before him). So that's likely why he okay'd a Dream Team appearance but not classic NBA team.

Regarding filling in missing legends, I think it might depend upon what system you have. I've heard the PS3 isn't as compatible in this regard as the 360. 2KShare is simply an online roster sharing feature. To access, you'd boot up the game, go to "Features", click on "2KShare" and find the roster you desire by either searching by gamertag (of the person who made the roster) or by file name (ex: 1995). On the 360, there's a user named portlandblazer who's been cranking out incredible classic rosters for years, so I can usually search his username on 2KShare and find his latest awesome work.

Now, about the workaround last year. 2K offered a DLC midway through their release, the Legends Showcase, which took place in New York. This showcase featured dozens of classic players not included in the regular version of 2K (Alex English, Rick Barry, prime Vince Carter, etc.). 360 users (and maybe PS3) were able to find a way to shift these players from the DLC to the regular game (along with many classic jerseys unique to the DLC). This allowed the classic rosters created to be much more authentic, as a user-made '93 Suns team could then have nearly every player except for Charles Barkley, since Dan Majerle, Tom Chambers and company were in the DLC.

I think it's too early to tell what players will be unlockable by experienced game editors this year.
Thanks so much for the reply. I am bummed I sold 2k12 a little. I had the legends showcase DLC already too. Is it a sure thing that 2kshare will be available on 2k13? Has it been confirmed or is it assumed to be in?

Thanks again...
Old 09-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
If you have bought the Legend`s Showcase DLC it is the easiest thing to do.
1) Buy the DLC and install it.
2) After installing it, in the game menu select the option "features".
3) In features select "2Kshare" (you`ve got to be connected on line).
4) In 2kshare select "download".
5) In "download" select "roster" and "most downloaded".
6) the most downloaded rosters will appear on your screen. Have a look at them and you`ll find rosters entitled "DLC roster on free agent pool" or "all DLC classic players on free agents pool", stuff like that.
7) Choose one of them, download it, save it and then go back to the game and load it.

Classic players from the DLC will be on the free agents list and you will be able to add them to any team you want, current or classic.
I`ve just downloaded a classic DLC file on 2kshare yesterday!
Beware that there are some files that actually do not have all classic players from the DLC or many of them. Since there are more than one file to choose/download, you will have to choose the one you like best.

Hope it helps and have fun.
Thank you as well for your response. I sold 2k12 already unfortunately but I am hopeful we will have a shot at these on a 2k13 2kshare. I have 2k13 on preorder.

At the end of the day....if it is only those 3 gone....not a total loss for sure. I agree that the Kings are almost pointless without webber, same with the sixers really, the lakes at least have Magic and company.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Thank you as well for your response. I sold 2k12 already unfortunately but I am hopeful we will have a shot at these on a 2k13 2kshare. I have 2k13 on preorder.

At the end of the day....if it is only those 3 gone....not a total loss for sure. I agree that the Kings are almost pointless without webber, same with the sixers really, the lakes at least have Magic and company.

Other players are probably missing too.
If you check out the video provided by OS in the "full rosters ratings and legends" thread, you`ll also notice an absence of Orlando Woodridge in the 86 Bulls and Byron Russel in the Jazz squad.
The probability of even more classic players missing is also considerably high, I think, since we are yet to check the complete classic teams roster.
It seems that 2k12 will be, up to this point, the game with the most legends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
I am a little bummed at the lack of legends focus. I was hoping for something new and unique. Dream team and 01 Sixers is nice but lacked the punch I was hoping for. I kind of think it comes down to ego for some of these retired players. "Oh Barkley got paid...how much? Oh, you need to pay me that too" kind of thing. It is also a bit strange that we can have Barkley on the Dream Team but there is no classic team. Seriously....what kind of confusing legal stuff is that?

Anyhow, I am getting more and more curious about that whole 2kShare thing people have mentioned and some sort of "Kennedy?" DLC that allowed you to add a ton of classic players to the DLC.

Can anyone break down what happened and how it worked?
Can anyone explain 2kShare? I have never seen or used it.
Will this 2kShare be an possible option for some "created" legends to fill the voids on 2K13?

Sorry for my ignorance but I think I missed a nice perk in 2k12.

Jay Z Bieber and all of though other celb guys prob got more money then Barkley
Old 09-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahkr
Why aren't Kareem, Dr. J., and C-Webb in nba 2k13? How can xbox 360 users hexedit it? I can't believe they're not in the game!!
They were replaced by... help me out, 24, you know what name I'm thinking!!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul316us
Jay Z Bieber and all of though other celb guys prob got more money then Barkley
Calling those guys celebs is a reach for most of them. I will agree Bieber and of course Jay Z are celebs but the other guys...not so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »