Home

NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce_OS
More blocks...
Amen to that!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #434
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread

More coaches to choose from. There are way too many fakes in the game. The ability to hire assisstant coaches as head coaches and to promote from within. Also, the NBA scouts have ridiculous contracts and it handicaps our ability to hire a coach we want.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #435
Rookie

OVR: 3

So, I think the most important things which need to be improved are :Blocking dunks - players should be able to at least stop them, sometimes they just dunk in your face and there's nothing you can do.Myplayer quickness - sometimes when you try to go for a steal on a passlane, the player you're guarding just back-door cuts and you can't do anything about it [or is it just my "80" quickness(as a PG)]It is pretty easy to get steals when you hold your hands up, while the guy you're guarding is trying to pass - the problem is, this is not realistic, well at least i haven't seen that much in the real game.There could be a few mycareer voices to choose from, like :
A polite blackman
A ******, the one in NBA 2K13 (sry for bad language, but i'm not rassist)
A white man
A redneck
And maybe even an asianIn Mycareer it should be cool if we could choose the jersey before the game (like in quick games or association)Make more "realistic" haircuts and maybe that's too much too ask, but
a Gameface or a CyberfaceThe accessories should cost less - the pressure shirt costs 5,000 VC as well as the pressure pants!In Mycareer you should be able to choose the length of your season, because you can't simply complete a career in such time(well of course, if you're not a nolifer)The all-star voting should be more realistic - If i play better than pretty much every player in the league, then i should be named a starter in the all-star game.The on-ball defense seems a bit unrealistic - the defender is pretty much keeping you on a leash, but when you guard someone it feels like he's getting so easy to the basket.The signing of your shoe contract in Mycareer shouldn't affect your availability to choose between different shoe brands.It would be cool, if they added D-League again, but only with the real roster.They should add a life off-the-court, like having fun time with your teammates(which increases team-chemisty). They should create a few mini-games, and maybe get even a girlfriend (but i think that's looking to much in the future).And looking very much in the future - You could create a top 10 plays, in the Mycareer, some plays would be done by your player and some may just be randomised but worthy plays.

I think we can suggest many things here, but for the 2k Crew, it costs money and it's very difficult to accomplish and I also think that whatever we do the game will have some unfixed flaws in it, because no game can be perfect, but attemting to build the most successful basketball videogame series is not gonna hurt

PS!
Sry for the philosophical text
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #436
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDan56
So, I think the most important things which need to be improved are :Blocking dunks - players should be able to at least stop them, sometimes they just dunk in your face and there's nothing you can do.Myplayer quickness - sometimes when you try to go for a steal on a passlane, the player you're guarding just back-door cuts and you can't do anything about it [or is it just my "80" quickness(as a PG)]It is pretty easy to get steals when you hold your hands up, while the guy you're guarding is trying to pass - the problem is, this is not realistic, well at least i haven't seen that much in the real game.There could be a few mycareer voices to choose from, like :
A polite blackman
A ******, the one in NBA 2K13 (sry for bad language, but i'm not rassist)
A white man
A redneck
And maybe even an asianIn Mycareer it should be cool if we could choose the jersey before the game (like in quick games or association)Make more "realistic" haircuts and maybe that's too much too ask, but
a Gameface or a CyberfaceThe accessories should cost less - the pressure shirt costs 5,000 VC as well as the pressure pants!In Mycareer you should be able to choose the length of your season, because you can't simply complete a career in such time(well of course, if you're not a nolifer)The all-star voting should be more realistic - If i play better than pretty much every player in the league, then i should be named a starter in the all-star game.The on-ball defense seems a bit unrealistic - the defender is pretty much keeping you on a leash, but when you guard someone it feels like he's getting so easy to the basket.The signing of your shoe contract in Mycareer shouldn't affect your availability to choose between different shoe brands.It would be cool, if they added D-League again, but only with the real roster.They should add a life off-the-court, like having fun time with your teammates(which increases team-chemisty). They should create a few mini-games, and maybe get even a girlfriend (but i think that's looking to much in the future).And looking very much in the future - You could create a top 10 plays, in the Mycareer, some plays would be done by your player and some may just be randomised but worthy plays.

I think we can suggest many things here, but for the 2k Crew, it costs money and it's very difficult to accomplish and I also think that whatever we do the game will have some unfixed flaws in it, because no game can be perfect, but attemting to build the most successful basketball videogame series is not gonna hurt

PS!
Sry for the philosophical text

So for me the most important things are :
  • Blocking should be improved
Players should be able to block dunks, not to just get dunked on
  • Myplayer quickness
sometimes when you try to go for a steal on a pass lane, the player you're guarding just back-door cuts and you can't do anything about it [maybe it's just my "80" quickness(as a PG)]
  • Steals against CPU
Sometimes when you hold your hands up, the ball tips off your hands and it becomes a turnover - I just don't think it's very realistic.
  • Myplayer voice
Myplayer should have a few voices to choose from, like:
a polite black man
a black man, who's speaks like a gangsta(NBA 2K13)
a Redneck
a White man
and maybe even an asian
  • Able to choose jersey in Mycareer
We should be able to choose our jersey for the game before the game
  • More realistic haircuts and maybe a Gameface or a Cyberface
  • The accessories should cost less VC
For example the pressure shirt costs 5,000 VC as well as the pressure pants!
  • Season length in Mycareer
We should be able to choose from the same options as in the associaton - you simply can't complete a successful career in such time
  • All-Star voting in Mycareer
It should be realistic - If I play better than any player in the league, i should be named a all-star starter
  • The contract of your shoes in Mycareer
They should add all of the shoe brands which NBA players wear so that we could wear them
  • Put D-League back
This one would just be cool, but with real roster
  • Off-Court-Life
Like having fun with your teammates(which would increase team-chemistry), they should create a few mini-games, and maybe even getting a girlfriend
  • The Top Ten plays
I'm sorry, this one just popped to my mind and would be awwwsome, well of course if it's not turned into a cheese. My idea was to put there some good plays by your myplayer and then other plays would just be random good plays by other players in the league but worthy for their spot.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #437
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Create-a-play! bring this back please and thankyou
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #438
Pro

OVR: 5

I would love to see free agency fleshed out some more. Maybe make it similar to NCAA's recruiting. Where each organization has ratings for winning, location, market size, history, cap flexibility, player happiness, roster strength, or whatever else you can think of. Have a two week period like in real life where you can schedule meetings to go visit the free agent or have the free agents visit the teams. During the visits you can pitch them on the strengths of your team and when compared to what the free agent is looking for you receive an overall grade/score for the visits. And over the course of those two weeks free agents can verbally commit to the different teams before the date that you can actually sign them.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #439
Rookie

OVR: 0

Fix defense!!!!

I Hate when USER TEam always jogs down on defense while their man sprints for fastbreak. on the other end when the user attempts the fastbreak,all 5 CPU are back in defense in an instant.what a putang kalokohan.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #440
Rookie

Donny514's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDan56
[*]Myplayer voice[/list]Myplayer should have a few voices to choose from, like:
a polite black man
a black man, who's speaks like a gangsta(NBA 2K13)
a Redneck
a White man
and maybe even an asian[list].
You make me sick. A "polite" black man? You're basically saying that the average black man is a "gangsta" and that it's less common to find a "polite" black man. Learn som manners. Not only that, but then you don't say stuff like that for a white man. So are you saying that a white man can't be a gangsta or polite? I'm having a hard time explaining this, but you're basically discriminating by having to classify between two different type of people from the African-American race, but then you can just say "white man" and it's the end of that. Also, what do you mean "and maybe even an Asian" are Asians not deserving enough to be put in this game, therefore just maybe they should be put in. Pathetic.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »