Home

Coach2K's Hall of Fame Challenge

This is a discussion on Coach2K's Hall of Fame Challenge within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coach2K's Hall of Fame Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I was trying to think about a good way to recognize people who are working on the challenge. Right now we have the following guys that have won one game on hall of fame mode, sim sliders, 12 minute quarters.

Those guys are:

www-coach2k-com
sreckless
knick9

I think the best way to designate where people are is maybe with the number of the team they have beaten next to their designation as a hall of fame player. Like this:

Hall of Fame Level 30

Ultimately the goal is to beat them all. Ideally, you would win a championship in an association but our first step is just getting people to remove the fear from hall of fame cpu play and just facing it.

Good job guys that have done so. We need more people to put the CPU in it's place.
LOL.im sorry but scoring 86 points in the paint and 17 dunks is not a challenge at all because more likely its a score.not to mention that screenshot above my post.id rather play nba jam than playing like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #42
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
LOL.im sorry but scoring 86 points in the paint and 17 dunks is not a challenge at all because more likely its a score.not to mention that screenshot above my post.id rather play nba jam than playing like this.
I'm sorry to be so blunt but this is stupid logic.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #43
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Destroyed the TWolves on the first try. Played man defense the entire game. A lot of points in the paint because, well, you can't make threes and you can't make a lot of midrange with shooters that have long releases. Nobody able to guard Monta Ellis yet--58 points.

Attachment 54968
Way to man up. I've noticed you are playing on the road too. Nice job.

Hall of fame level 29

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #44
MVP

I don't think it's neccessarily a fear of hall of fame that keeps people from playing it coach. It's more like, not many people want to play that way. People want realism over unrealistic unfair challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreckless
HoF mode isn't really meant to be "fair," it's meant to be a challenge. Hence the title of this thread.
Who wants to play a mode they know is unfair and cheap and unrealistic? Even if you do win, the challenge isn't realistic, it's just unfair attribute boost. I mean to make the analogy again, it would be like having a boxing match against someone who's allowed to use low blows and headbutts. Sure it would make things harder, but it's dirty and people wouldn't want to fight that way. Same with HoF on default sliders. I can beat the cpu on HoF default(part of the trick i think is SLOWING the game down) but i don't get much enjoyment from it because of how it plays.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
I'm sorry to be so blunt but this is stupid logic.
Then Enjoy your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #46
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
I don't think it's neccessarily a fear of hall of fame that keeps people from playing it coach. It's more like, not many people want to play that way. People want realism over unrealistic unfair challenge.

Who wants to play a mode they know is unfair and cheap and unrealistic? Even if you do win, the challenge isn't realistic, it's just unfair attribute boost. I mean to make the analogy again, it would be like having a boxing match against someone who's allowed to use low blows and headbutts. Sure it would make things harder, but it's dirty and people wouldn't want to fight that way. Same with HoF on default sliders. I can beat the cpu on HoF default(part of the trick i think is SLOWING the game down) but i don't get much enjoyment from it because of how it plays.
I think where we differ in our opinions is that it's assumed the CPU is cheating and playing unfair. That part has definitely been argued and agreed upon throughout the forum and I can't deny frustration as well.

When I first started playing the game, I remember playing online in quick match and just getting drilled, It was my feeling that in order to get crushed like I did, they had to be cheating.

I mean no one could shoot 80 percent.

I felt that way until I learned how to play better and then after awhile I could dish it out against guys who just didn't know how to play.

Really the same argument could be made here. Bottom line is that once play improves, the realism is there. In fact, the more real you play, the better you do.

Convincing people that's true is probably more impossible than winning on that level.

Last edited by Coach2K; 02-04-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
I think where we differ in our opinions is that it's assumed the CPU is cheating and playing unfair. That part has definitely been argued and agreed upon throughout the forum and I can't deny frustration as well.

When I first started playing the game, I remember playing online in quick match and just getting drilled, It was my feeling that in order to get crushed like I did, they had to be cheating.

I mean no one could shoot 80 percent.

I felt that way until I learned how to play better and then after awhile I could dish it out against guys who just didn't know how to play.

Really the same argument could be made here. Bottom line is that once play improves, the realism is there. In fact, the more real you play, the better you do.

Convincing people that's true is nearly as impossible as winning on that level.
Yeah you improve a lot by having a dunking fest in the paint.you play more real and better by holding the sprint button while shooting inside hoping its a dunk

Show me some defensive game in this mode then we'll talk REALISM that you are talking about.

Last edited by papaey; 02-04-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #48
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
Yeah you improve a lot by having a dunking fest in the paint.you play more real and better by holding the sprint button while shooting inside hoping its a dunk

Show me some defensive game in this mode then we'll talk REALISM that you are talking about.
OK. I'm rendering some video for you now. It will take a few to get it done and I'll let you guys pick at it.

Does anyone know how to imbed a video into a post?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »