Home

Coach2K's Hall of Fame Challenge

This is a discussion on Coach2K's Hall of Fame Challenge within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Coach2K's Hall of Fame Challenge

Sorry, but HoF is a FRAUD.

This is (supposed to be) a thinking man's game. Whilst I agree that this concept of progressive resistance will make you a better player technically, it doesn't exactly make you a better coach.

What is the point of playing the Magic, if Jameer Nelson is shooting like Steve Nash? He ISN'T Jameer Nelson anymore, so exactly what is the point of playing against him and pretending that he's the same person? Why don't you just play against an All-Legends team or against the All Stars on Pro? What is the point of defending Kobe, as if he were Ray Allen? You're not playing NBA Basketball anymore. You aren't using real-life strategy. The midrange is no longer the most inefficient shot in basketball anymore, which leads to the paint being freed up more than it should. The CPU is blowing by you on the first step so fast because they are TRAVELLING. No one has a first step that quick IRL.

Why are people stating the obvious that this is a video game? It's supposed to be more than that. It's supposed to be a sports SIMULATION. Yes the CPU on HoF is challenging, but it is the WRONG kind of challenge. HoF should be challenging your brain, not challenging you in how many up and under moves you can do or how perfectly you can time your releases. It shouldn't be like other video games where higher difficulties just mean getting your timing better instead of playing smarter.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #74
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Sorry, but HoF is a FRAUD.

This is (supposed to be) a thinking man's game. Whilst I agree that this concept of progressive resistance will make you a better player technically, it doesn't exactly make you a better coach.

What is the point of playing the Magic, if Jameer Nelson is shooting like Steve Nash? He ISN'T Jameer Nelson anymore, so exactly what is the point of playing against him and pretending that he's the same person? Why don't you just play against an All-Legends team or against the All Stars on Pro? What is the point of defending Kobe, as if he were Ray Allen? You're not playing NBA Basketball anymore. You aren't using real-life strategy. The midrange is no longer the most inefficient shot in basketball anymore, which leads to the paint being freed up more than it should. The CPU is blowing by you on the first step so fast because they are TRAVELLING. No one has a first step that quick IRL.

Why are people stating the obvious that this is a video game? It's supposed to be more than that. It's supposed to be a sports SIMULATION. Yes the CPU on HoF is challenging, but it is the WRONG kind of challenge. HoF should be challenging your brain, not challenging you in how many up and under moves you can do or how perfectly you can time your releases. It shouldn't be like other video games where higher difficulties just mean getting your timing better instead of playing smarter.
I'm going to have to say this is exactly why you should play hall of fame mode. Because it does force you to improve your decision making.

Below is the box score from my victory against the Magic.

I don't see the Michael Jordan numbers. I don't see going 50 percent from the field and 2-7 from three Jameer Nelson being Steve Nash here.

The problem is in people's defense and their offensive decision making.

I'm not sure what kind of evidence it is going to take to move people from I can't, or it's not realistic or I can't get a pretty box score. I have provided box scores and video to back up what I am saying.

The easy thing to do is to challenge the points I am trying to make. We've got nearly eight pages of people explaining why things aren't possible when I have shown they are. What I am after is to move people away from challenging what I am saying to challenge themselves to raise their game whether that is from rookie to pro, pro to allstar or as in this case to hall of fame level.

I guess I have to ask everyone just what kind of evidence does everyone need if visual evidence to back it up what I am saying isn't good enough?

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 02-06-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #75
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
The midrange is no longer the most inefficient shot in basketball anymore, which leads to the paint being freed up more than it should.
I think you meant efficient instead of inefficient but I am not sure. The midrange isn't the most efficient shot in basketball as well.

http://www.82games.com/locations.htm

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 0

6 in a row. Just tried to get the ball out of Kemba's hands and force bad shooters to shoot. Bucks have to be one of the best shotblocking and rebounding teams but the second chance points and blocks were pathetic.

20130206_103729.jpg
Old 02-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #77
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
6 in a row. Just tried to get the ball out of Kemba's hands and force bad shooters to shoot. Bucks have to be one of the best shotblocking and rebounding teams but the second chance points and blocks were pathetic.

Attachment 55053
I'm impressed you are moving so fast. Way to go. I'm going to have to catch up. I still have to get the wolves beat.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #78
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok.... I need some help.

btw Atlanta may not be for me.

edit: How you make these smaller?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-02-06_12-50-11_36[1].jpg (301.2 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-02-06_12-50-57_810[1].jpg (179.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-02-06_12-51-33_623[1].jpg (409.7 KB, 94 views)
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #79
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Yeah I can't tell what is going on there because of the size of the images. I open mine in paint and resize them to 600 pixels wide. Keep aspect ratio.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #80
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

@stlpimpmonsta

Good effort there. I didn't win on the first try.

I would replay them and take fewer threes. Missed threes lead to quick easy baskets. You eliminate some of that by making better choices on when you take the three. You might switch to the Magic too. I moved the Wizards up. See the list above.

That's a solid outing though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »