Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Holy Fast-Paced Gamestyle, Batman! Over 100 shots per team? I run when I get opportunities but almost never crack 90 shots in a game. For your style, turning the gamespeed down would probably be a good thing.
yeah... im now playing my favs... the bulls vs miami... its half time... all i can say is that i had 48 shots in first half... its a progress for me... it really is ... im playing nba games for 15 years now...since live '97 and i can say i allways wanted to play hard D and quick offense in every game, but im aware if i want realistic matchups i need to slow my style... but really... i think theese sliders are the best out there ive seen for nba 2k12.. tnx man... il play a couple of more games and post my results if youre ok with that... :P peace!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #234
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujagawudakhi
yeah... im now playing my favs... the bulls vs miami... its half time... all i can say is that i had 48 shots in first half... its a progress for me... it really is ... im playing nba games for 15 years now...since live '97 and i can say i allways wanted to play hard D and quick offense in every game, but im aware if i want realistic matchups i need to slow my style... but really... i think theese sliders are the best out there ive seen for nba 2k12.. tnx man... il play a couple of more games and post my results if youre ok with that... :P peace!!!
Sounds good. I'm not knocking your style, but it did take me by surprise. What I like is that, with the screenshot you posted, there were over 100 shots taken per team and neither team scored over 60 points in the paint. I'm glad you're enjoying them, man. Please, keep posting results.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #235
Rookie

so here are my stats on the second game...
i played bulls...
i slowed the game to 45... and i really tried not to rush transitions...
as you can see my team took 95 shots...i posted team stats...and box score after game of each teams...

i played best D i could and i got 102 points from miami, i think is relativly good, it could be better... but im suprised why lebron and wade did not make any 3pt shots... i think maybe that needs some adjustments... i had many free throws because i go for a lot on-basket points... assits were fine, only thing that is buggin alot are the off rebounds by the cpu, but i think it cannot be managed better with the sliders, am i wrong??

in this game there were alot of paint points because i was constantly going with drose and deng inside... i think most of those 60 points are from those 2 players...

ill slow my game style even more... because im really rushing when i dont need to... and how can i improve the cpu D maybe a lil bit more, and cpu open shots maybe a lil bit more?? and 3pt shots by miami were really lame... maybe it beacuse of my D.... :P

tnx man

wish more people can post their screens so we can see the differences...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nba2k12_2012_01_06_15_38_36_358.jpg (124.4 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg nba2k12_2012_01_06_15_38_49_392.jpg (114.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg nba2k12_2012_01_06_15_39_27_178.jpg (117.1 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by mujagawudakhi; 01-06-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 2

slimm, is there a difference between your last and this roster update? I mean just Roster file
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #237
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
slimm, is there a difference between your last and this roster update? I mean just Roster file
No, but I re-uploaded it because I wanted the Roster, Settings, and Sliders to all be together. I've started working on another file but have postponed any more editing until REDitor comes out.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #238
Rookie

ive played my third game with theese sliders...

also bulls vs heat...

you can see the stats... ive improved my "slowinest"

but again... 115 points... and the style of cpu with heat was totally different then the first game... they made 6 3pt shots ... and in the first it was just 1/11 3pt...

my paint points are the same... and ... heat had 44 paint points... since lebron and wade are agressive on the layups and dunks... that came most from them and a couple of bosh paint points...

again, there were many freethrowes... but since the real bulls stats are almost 24 ft per game...its pretty good... assists fine also...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg nba2k12_2012_01_06_17_36_15_035.jpg (103.1 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg nba2k12_2012_01_06_17_37_24_608.jpg (112.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg nba2k12_2012_01_06_17_37_26_441.jpg (112.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #239
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

I started a new Association with your newest set a few days ago and I'm 5 games into it right now.
The overall playing style seems very very nice. 1on1 play finally feels realistic, I can drive past people and against good ball handlers you often rely on help D to stop them, but they are not unstoppable.

Two things that I am tweaking currently, specifically for the Blazers are:
  • I know how your system for setting player's attributes works but I didn't like that Aldridge isn't even the best overall player on his team (Wallace is) with this roster. So I upped some of his stats by one point or two to get him at 81 overall.
  • Oden is bothering me. Either he shouldn't play at all because of his injury or he should play up to his potential, and that includes rebounding. But in this game he often gets very weak rebounding stats for me and looking at his attributes and tendencies I cannot really figure out why that is. Maybe its something with hustle or emotion or hands or whatever. I don't want to turn him into a star player overall, just get his rebounding right. If I find something that works, I will post it.
Another issue that should get corrected when REditor comes out: socks colors!
It just looks stupid with black socks to white home jerseys for Portland. I currently worked around it by having my players use ankle wear set to 'team color 2'.
By the way, with REditor, can we set players to be injured for some amount of time within Association ?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #240
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
I started a new Association with your newest set a few days ago and I'm 5 games into it right now.
The overall playing style seems very very nice. 1on1 play finally feels realistic, I can drive past people and against good ball handlers you often rely on help D to stop them, but they are not unstoppable.

Two things that I am tweaking currently, specifically for the Blazers are:
  • I know how your system for setting player's attributes works but I didn't like that Aldridge isn't even the best overall player on his team (Wallace is) with this roster. So I upped some of his stats by one point or two to get him at 81 overall.
  • Oden is bothering me. Either he shouldn't play at all because of his injury or he should play up to his potential, and that includes rebounding. But in this game he often gets very weak rebounding stats for me and looking at his attributes and tendencies I cannot really figure out why that is. Maybe its something with hustle or emotion or hands or whatever. I don't want to turn him into a star player overall, just get his rebounding right. If I find something that works, I will post it.
Another issue that should get corrected when REditor comes out: socks colors!
It just looks stupid with black socks to white home jerseys for Portland. I currently worked around it by having my players use ankle wear set to 'team color 2'.
By the way, with REditor, can we set players to be injured for some amount of time within Association ?
REDitor should edit the injuries and duration. It has in years passed, I'm sure it will this year.

Edit away, bro. It's difficult for big men to have high ratings due to (usually) lower speed, quickness, vertical and ball handling ratings than other positions. I think his mid-range should actually be boosted on the roster you're using. He shot over 50% last year, which should equate to a 99. However, with that roster release, I had all PF and C mid-range ratings 10 points lower than the standard rating. That'll change in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »