Home

Ask The Devs a Question Thread II

This is a discussion on Ask The Devs a Question Thread II within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #353
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Ask The Devs a Question Thread II

iminurbase******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2040963752", true); , you guys need to look at one problem that nobody has pointed out yet, it is the pick and roll, user can abuse the pick by moving the dribbler to a certain angle that gets its defender to hit the guy setting the pick and this will make that defender glue to the pick person so that the dribbler can drive in every single poession, thats why some of the plays like the raptors 5 up or something, calderon can score a layup every single time, and i also want to know if the game will be as good as live 04 and 05, right now, 10 and 06 are on third spots, so I hope 11 will top all these 4
Old 04-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #354
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
iminurbase******** type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2040963752", true); , you guys need to look at one problem that nobody has pointed out yet, it is the pick and roll, user can abuse the pick by moving the dribbler to a certain angle that gets its defender to hit the guy setting the pick and this will make that defender glue to the pick person so that the dribbler can drive in every single poession, thats why some of the plays like the raptors 5 up or something, calderon can score a layup every single time, and i also want to know if the game will be as good as live 04 and 05, right now, 10 and 06 are on third spots, so I hope 11 will top all these 4
Pick and roll will be completely different this year.

To your last point, I'm one for nostalgia, but 05 compared to 10 is a little ridiculous, no? For its time it was great (I tested that game), but doesn't have the same gameplay depth we have now.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #355
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase

To your last point, I'm one for nostalgia, but 05 compared to 10 is a little ridiculous, no? For its time it was great (I tested that game), but doesn't have the same gameplay depth we have now.
I am comparing the game's fun-ness during that time, what I meant was, I acutally don't have to worry about sliders, and problems, bugs...I was so focused at playing the game, the acutal game, just turn on PS2 and play the game everyday, and I was acutally having fun, this year, I have to say I did have a lot of fun, but there are things that bug me, like not allowing to play 29 games in dynasty, messed up lineups, able to abuse cpu with pick and roll, no fouls, weird foul calls...etc...so I will say 05>10 still, comparing the fun-ness I had at THAT time...

Also have three extra questions not sure if they are answered yet, if they are, I am sorry to make you repeat...

1. Can we finally play 29 games in dynasty? I know you guys said dynasty will be a lot a lot deeper this year so I am not asking anything on that, just want to know if we can play shorter season...

2. Will there be more realistic fouls??? Just a yes and no answer is good.

3. I also think there is a need to change dribbling + post up, not everyone should be able to cross over like they can this year, plus differetn dribbling style is needed, also post up moves, please plesae add some new animations into this!

Thank you!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #356
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

So I've been playing alot of NCAA and Live recently with the Tournament and Playoffs going on and a couple things have had me wondering and hoping for next year.

First of all, the one that I'm sure everyone asks fifty two times an hour lol. Is there any chance of ever seeing ESPN presentation akin to the presentation of ESPN and CBS in the college game now that that series is pretty much dead? Ideally we'd have ESPN and TNT to choose from but without the license to TNT I can understand why that wouldn't be possible, but what about ESPN and NBA TV or at least ESPN and ABC?

From a cosmetic standpoint, can we see the inclusion of the undershirts and compression shorts on the players like we saw 2K add this year? It's obviously not a major thing, but it'd be cool to have especially since all the players wear them now, particularly since we see cover boy Dwight Howard's in the load screen.

On the court, it's really hard to determine exactly what kind of fouls are being called on a player, how many they have and other important info like that when it happens in the game. I've had several instances where a foul will be called and you just see "Defensive foul" above the score overlay and it doesn't say who the foul is on or how many that player has or anything. There are also cases where the whistle will just blow and the screen immediately changes with the defensive team getting the ball. Sure you can usually assume that it was an illegal screen called, but it'd be nice to actually SEE what happened and have a chance to understand whats going on before there is a change of possesion.

EDIT: Also, will there ever be a way to add players to the FIBA teams? I'd like to put a created player on a FIBA team and play through the tournament or put someone like Derrick Rose on the squad, but as things currently are, that's just not possible. So could we see this in the future or is this above you guys' heads?

Last edited by King_B_Mack; 04-21-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #357
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

iminurbase, you have no clue how much I appreciate your participation in the community. 2K is never this hands on with the members.

Briefly, 3 things that must be added!

1. Kick Balls
2. Clear Path Fouls (Really ridiculous when you get fouled on a wide open fast break, and no penalty to the other team is given)
3. Players get up off of the bench to the scorers table when their substitution is called.

And I was thinking about the team play subs that I mentioned earlier. If D-pad subs are really unattainable, then why not have it like FIFA. The captain (or anyone else on the team) pauses the game to make the subs, but the game doesn't stop, just that players menu comes up. Therefore, the game doesn't stop for 30 sec. and the game can continue on smoothly with no interruption! Please run these by the guys! Live 11 will be the best NBA game to date, I know it!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #358
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase

I hope it's more like 09's pick and roll system.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 04-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #359
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
I hope it's more like 09's pick and roll system.
no, please don't, i used calderon and a pick from marion then alleyopp him i can score all day, they need to find a way to MAKE SURE pick and roll don't create a gap for user to cheat against the cpu, i have to tell myself dont' use pick and roll this year just to avoid cheating!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #360
Rookie

OVR: 1

couple of questions for the Devs ! all regarding OTP

1. will there be ranked OTP games ?

2. what is the plan concerning people who will shoot half court shots every time or something to that effect ruining the game for the other 9 people ? we have to get a V2K system in place for major ball hogs... this would have to be accomplished only by 4/5 people on the team voting, maybe 3/5. as it is now people can ruin the game for everyone, and all u can do is quit.

3. will there ever be a way to keep stats by User, so at half or the end of quarters we see the user with the most points. or maybe just at the end of the game, we can toggle between the actual player names and stats and the user stats from that game (all stats combined for you, no matter what player u were controlling). and to the same point, will Ranked Team Play stats be kept, and Ranked Team Play rankings be issued ?
a. this would also give people more of an incentive to use bench players. we of course would have to be able to make subs, and take the auto subs off. i find games get rather sloppy toward the end of a half, and some of the lineups the CPU uses are terrible...

4. what is the plan for Adidas Live Run. i feel like better OTP options would be more successful and attract more players. Live Run at least should have fouls and a lobby for people to play that do not have a squad. we can call it Live Run, but lets at least put the games in a "And 1" type situation, with fans and people cheering. but my humble opinion is to get rid of it all together, and focus on OTP.

i am sure i will think of more but that is it for now.

also one thing about gameplay. i am pretty happy this year with the animations and around the rim contact, but will there be:

1. better loose ball and long rebound awareness for the CPU. this by far is the worst part of this years game play.

2. better control of your defender. aka: no force field ?

thanks and keep up the good work !

Last edited by bigbambooski; 04-25-2010 at 12:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »