Home

Ask The Devs a Question Thread II

This is a discussion on Ask The Devs a Question Thread II within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ask The Devs a Question Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbonan
Means after that everything will be okay?
No just means 11 will be revealed by then or maybe during
Old 05-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not really a question

Map the passing icons to the right bumper, that can free up the left trigger to be a modifier for the freestyle dribbling, layup solutions, shooting, post moves, offball controls, passing & rebounding controls
Dribbling- Holding the LT can allow you do things like keep the ball in a certain hand when dribbling, using already lets the left stick lets you switch the ball between hands. So if you hold the left stick you choose to keep the ball in that hand use the RS to do subsequent freestyle dribble moves mapped for that specific hand (things such as in & out dribbles, low “crab” dribbles, around the back dribbles to the other hand). Adding these would really open the up amount of way to break down your defender & give different players different feel when dribbling with them instead on having the same dribbling style for all the players.
Layup Solutions- The left stick already lets you decide as to what hand and what side you want to shoot with so the LT modifier could let you do a number of things such as, jump into your defender & avoid contact. There should also be a system of changing your shot in mid air, switching hands (obviously only skilled players would be able to do things like this on a sort of tiered system or something to that effect). And wayyyyyyyy more animations, I can’t stress this enough, this game needs 1000% more animations when going to the rim.
Shooting- More LT modifier, how about using the LT modifier to do things such as lean in on jumpers, jump into players bodies? Clean up the pump fake system to make it feel more natural (things like players going up on their toes without leaving the ground, having defenders fly by them). More sig shots are a huge must across the board for all players (well maybe 75% and a bunch of other different shots that can be assigned to players). I loved the shots this year, they were all just about perfect. When changing players shots there should be a sort of hud to preview the shot or the ability to change the players that are in the hangar. Delve into the signature thing more with signature fade aways, leaners & floaters. It gets tiresome seeing every player fade away the same. I do love that jumpshot animation editor suggestion, that could be great if implemented well
Post Moves- Where to start lol? The post system has a decent base, it just needs to be opened up way more. Things like post fakes, short hooks, reverse mikan layups, the ability to shoulder/head fake and throw off your defender (LT modifier driven) & that can even work with leaning into the defender on hooks and things like that down low to make it feel more natural, ie. reference to that boozer video above). Sig post moves and fadeaways. When backing down it should be speed up a slight bit and give more of a physical banging feel when trying to back down a defender (or let the LT modify how you want back your defender down whether it be more physical or finesse)
Offball Controls- Not too much to complain about here, just add things like double screens, vcuts,rim runs (big men!) & things like that. Have players cut much harder
Passing- Loved the passing controls, add bounce passes (LT?), loft passes for post players (LT?), Full court passes (only skilled players, Kevin Love, Chris Webber type), Fake passes (would be great on inbound plays)
Rebounding- I didnt mind the rebound system too much, it was just that many times the player would feel helpless once you left the floor to get the rebound, there should be things like fighting/tapping for rebounds, more over the back animations.
Defense- The steal button needs to be overhauled, maybe use the RS again? Hands up charges, ability to ride offensive player on sidelines, more blocking fouls calls off of playing hard on your man, better post entry defense (counteract the lob passes kind of), having the ability to choose if you want to front your man or not down low.

Little things
More loose ball play, it kind of feel like you dont have control when there a loose ball (thing skate 3)
Players going to sidelines when you sub
Better system of onscreen subs
Injuries on court, not just players limping after a shot (make it accumulative)
Better post game environment, player specific higlights
Custom Soundtracks
Make hangar a practice area too, kinda like in fifa 10, Run plays and things
Use NCAA playcall system for specific play sets (triangle, princeton, motion, flex)
Overhaul the create a player and make it very indepth so draft classes can be made correctly
More camera angles
Old 06-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #371
Pro

OVR: 12

Please let us play a shorter season during dynasty. I would like to have an option for 29, 54, of 82. It is to hard to play multiple seasons + playoffs with an 82 game season. I don't like to sim because I like the stats to "be mine"
Speaking of stats, please make the dynasty stats better. We don't need Ray Allen shooting 750 three pointers or something like that. Also, I don't want to see Lebron James traded (or really any Elite star either)
Loved the gameplay last year so much I switched from 2k to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #372
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

will there be sliders this year?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 AM   #373
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I can't imagine any developer will truly read this thread and answer any questions....

But if by chance we get lucky i don't really have a question it's more of a REQUEST

Can we please have 200+ CAPS in NBA Elite or atleast the ability to edit existing players so some of us can finally bring legends like Jordan and Bird back to life again.............

I mean with all do respect some of us don't give a damn about those International teams taking up disk space......Give us bootie tight shorts and old school chuck taylors and I'll show you what replay value is EA.

Not some dude on a National team representing Spain or Germany. That's not replay value IMO

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #374
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I can't imagine any developer will truly read this thread and answer any questions....

But if by chance we get lucky i don't really have a question it's more of a REQUEST

Can we please have 200+ CAPS in NBA Elite or atleast the ability to edit existing players so some of us can finally bring legends like Jordan and Bird back to life again.............

I mean with all do respect some of us don't give a damn about those International teams taking up disk space......Give us bootie tight shorts and old school chuck taylors and I'll show you what replay value is EA.

Not some dude on a National team representing Spain or Germany. That's not replay value IMO
100% agree, I think i have played international once over the last 2 years. Even if its DLC, i'd pay to have throwback jerseys,courts logos ETC.
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #375
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

iminurbase, first off thanks for your interaction with everyone! I just started looking through this thread and this question may have been asked, but I'm going to ask it since that I didn't see it anywhere. Is it possible to have online dynasty modes on at least the same level as madden 10? With the drafts, and multiple seasons? I loved live 10 and the only thing that hurt the game to me was the lack of online league features. With that being said, I appreciate the work you guys do and I am anticipating your answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #376
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Devs: Can the user finally hire/fire HEADcoaches in dynasty mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »