Home

NBA Elite 11 Delay Could Cost EA $60 Million (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Delay Could Cost EA $60 Million (Gamespot) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:56 PM   #25
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NBA Elite 11 Delay Could Cost EA $60 Million (Gamespot)

My take......

1. 60 million is a hell of a lot of money. That's money that could have went on 3 or 4 different new IP's that EA wanted to get into. People got to remember EA makes more then just sports games.

2. People might get fired, might not, but I gurantee you that development team is going to get broken up. People going to get re-assigned to other teams and they going to bring other people in from other teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Seriously I really think at this point the EA board of directors have to really think about canning the head of EA Sports as well as the Executive Producer of this project. Losing 60 mill on any project is HUGE money.

Last edited by cbass1; 09-30-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #27
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Ummm Peter Moore is the head of EA sports. He isn't the executive producer of Elite. So therefore this can't be blamed on Peter Moore, being he is the head of EA sports. Which EA sports consists of the following:

1. Madden
2. NCAA Football
3. Live/Elite
4. Tiger Woods
5. NHL
6. FIFA
7. Nascar
8. MMA

So no way Peter Moore can be blamed because of one franchise being delayed. Now if all of the games were delayed then yeah. But not because of just one.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:36 PM   #28
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_4real
I donīt want to question this information, but ask yourself a question

- Do you think the EA heads (I AM TALKING ABOUT EA) would prefer losing 60M then selling a crappy game (for me the game is not crappy)??????

EA is all about money and profit, I could see them lose 10M in a operation to save the reputation of fifa/NHL or even Madden, there is NO WAY they decide to lose 60M to save a name of a franchise that they treated like trash in the last few years (for me live7elite are the same franchise despite different names)

PeAcE
Well considering the fact that they delayed the game, it's obvious that they prefer losing that money to ruining their brand even further. EA knew how much money they were going to lose by not putting the game out so it's not like they just made some rash decision without considering how much they were going to lose.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #29
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Does anyone still think ea had plans all alone to delay the game or any other conspricies?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Well considering the fact that they delayed the game, it's obvious that they prefer losing that money to ruining their brand even further. EA knew how much money they were going to lose by not putting the game out so it's not like they just made some rash decision without considering how much they were going to lose.

That is obvious, my point was, do you really believe they prefer losing 60M than putting up a crappy game (for me it was not crappy)????

What did they do between 06 and 09???? They released crappy games, and they didnīt even bother about the live brand that back then was HUGE

So why lose money now, and not back then???

I understand that they want to begin the ELITE franchise with a great product as they should, but did they believe that only 1 year was enough to change so many things???

This seams to amateur for a billionaire company man. I do believe 2 things, they had this delay idea, as a "if they donīt have enough time" option all the way, meaning they new that it was possible for them to skip a year, or, I do believe that they will lose less then 60M

If this information confirms, and it was 60M, then, there is no problem, they did the mistake, not the devs, Littman had a long time project that the EA big heads approved, so there is nothing to worry about in the perspective of the consumer, this for me even confirms the best perspective, because now, they HAVE TO continue this project, because if they rebuild they will have another meh year

Do you see were I am coming from...

PeAcE
Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #31
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Those crappy games sold enough to justify their existence, this game wasn't going to sell at all.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 15

The reason peter moore sucks, remember all that crap he was talking? peter moore love to talk crap, but not necessarily motivate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Moore
. "I’m not quite sure what [Jordan on the cover] signifies, quite frankly," he said. "We haven’t announced our player yet, but we tend to be forward thinking about our franchises. I mean, I’m a huge Michael Jordan fan, but in the same way that I don’t put Pelé on the cover of FIFA, we have the young up and coming stars. You’re going to see that again from us with NBA. We never went after Jordan. They have done it; it’s an interesting marketing move to use a retired player. I don’t know how they intend to use it. Michael Jordan? Well yeah, greatest player to ever play the game. [At the] same time, it's strange for the consumer... what does it signify?"

Moore added, "They’ve got a great product and I’m sure their cover boy isn’t going to impact that."

didn't NCAA football had a retired player on the cover? as well as madden? Mike Vs Tyson anyone? Fight Night?

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/m...ays-ea-sports/

at least he gave them props

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »