Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #113
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
If they were able to get variations to P&R defense into the game, it would be major.

Color me skeptical though. Just going by the timeframe. It just doesn't seem plausible. I don't ever recall teams being able to do that in a game before.
I'm not being smart here, but we've never seen a next gen game before and I am honestly being 100% sincere when I say that..... now is a fun time, because the possibilities are endless.....hopefully we don't get hit with a harsh dose of reality upon release......

MAYBE, just maybe, next gen will allow devs to get some in-depth defensive concepts......

Early in the podcast he did speak a bit about pick and roll defences and the level of attention pick and roll got (offense and defense)...... but there is a part of me that thinks he started to actually get side tracked and blurred a line between real basketball and whats actually in the game.......
Old 10-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #114
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

Personally I think anyone that has high hopes for this game is delusional, given EA's history in general and it's recent basketball history to be more specific. Seriously, how many times does EA have to dump on you before you no longer trust them? My God, there are still people that think next-gen Madden is going to be good even given the disastrous videos shown on ESPN.

I can see being hopeful that Live is something different from 2K (which has it's share of problems) and offers up a decent alternative but to really believe EA is gonna pull this off this year is, as I said, delusional, IMO. And for the record, I hope I am wrong.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
shooting on the face buttons is very disappointing for me.
whats the face buttom....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #116
Rookie

cant some one tell me whats the face button....
Old 10-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but it all depends on when they received the dev kits for the PS4 and XBone.

The brand new game stuff is not happening. Not realistic IMO.

Elite was clearly built off of Live 10.

My only assumption is that '14 was done the same way/in a similar fashion. I'm just curious as to what % of animations they scrapped from Elite and what % are brand new.
have u played live 10...cuz if u think eltie was built off live 10 your very miss informed.....
Old 10-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #118
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
whats the face buttom....
X,Y,B,A on Xbox

Square, Circle, Triangle, X on the PS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »