Home

-Official New York Knicks Thread-

This is a discussion on -Official New York Knicks Thread- within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2005, 08:09 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: -Official New York Knicks Thread-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammogard
he can still shoot tho his days are numberd
His days are numbered. He can't shoot if he's not on the floor. And even when he's on the floor, he's not that good anymore at shooting the J. Maybe for a limited stretch he is, but he tires out quickly and then begins bricking those shots. He's more of a liability than an asset for the Knicks. I really do think he should retire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2005, 04:46 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 5

he prob will in a season or two then i can grab his jerseys off ebay cheap
Old 02-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

The knicks are really hurting me. The knicks not doing good does not sound or feel right. Theyve got ver talented team. MArbury, crawford, thomas, mohammed, kurt, houston, nice lil bench. I dont understand how they loose games. I think they would be better in two type offenses a run and gun offense would due wonders for them marbury, crawford, tim, and houston would lite teams up theyre just like the sonics but they have way more talent on there 12 man roster and i think they are better(PROVE ME WRONG). Or the princeton offense the nets run would benefit them cuz all the key players would get equal amounts of oppurtunities to put points on the board.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Anyone see the Kings game tonight?

Haven't seen a collapse that bad in a long time. This team is so horrible down the stretch, it's pathetic. No one can hit a free throw, no one is comfortable taking a shot. Wow. What a joke this team has turned into.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:27 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 15

wow unbelievable letdown by the knicks tonight vs the kings.. They were up 110-99 with Marbury going to the line, he ended up missing both FT's and the knicks all of a sudden stopped going to marbury and instead went to PENNY? I'm not quite sure why in the world penny was in the game late as Ariza was playing well.. Penny ended up missing a wide opener jumper, turned the ball over to let the kings tie it up and then turned it over again on the last play of the game.. They went away from Marbury who was able to get any shot he wanted all night.. Bad teams really find a way to lose
Old 02-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #70
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I still blame the coaching. Herb Williams is a joke as a coach. Does anyone seriously think he's going to demand respect? The guy is just happy to be a coach. He's Lenny Wilkins all over again. Look down the bench, they have nothing but guys that are happy to have a job. Even Suhr (sp? I might be way off...the guy I. Thomas hired) is just happy to be back in basketball. Those guys don't demand anything out of those players.

I watched that Kings game and it was apparent that once the Knicks jumped up to 11, they were going to lose the lead. The Knicks play afraid. They have a lead and they immediately start thinking, "We can't lose this lead." All of a sudden their attitude on offense and defense changes. When you're up by 11, you should be thinking, "Lets get up by 15, now 20, 25, 30, etc." Not, "We have to hold on."

That comes from the coaching staff. Herb Williams is standing on the sidelines smiling and laughing. Since when should a coach be smiling and laughing? Did Phil Jackson ever smile and laugh during a game? If he did, it was when something weird happened on the court or because his team was up by 25 points. Does Larry Brown smile and laugh during a game? Did Larry Bird? Greg Popovich? Jerry Sloan? Look at those names. All of those coaches were/are considered very good coaches. That's not a mistake.

The Daily News will complain and complain that Marbury isn't a leader. That he doesn't get others involved (apparently, they haven't looked at Mohammed's stats or the fact that Marbury is averaging around 20 and 8 a game, or that Kurt Thomas has finally realized how to use the pick-and-roll). But, the fact is the coaching sucks.

The Knicks run ZERO plays. And when they do run a play it's a screen for Houston (when he is healthy) and it takes about 10 seconds for Houston to run from one side of the court to the other. During that time everyone is standing still watching and the point guard is waiting for Houston. 8 seconds into the play the defense has already responded and the Knicks are stuck with no shot.

Finally, why the hell don't the Knicks run the pick-and-roll more often? They use it like twice in a row and then forget about it for the rest of the game. Use the damn play. Marbury to Thomas. Marbury to Thomas. Marbury to Thomas. All day! Then have Crawford cut the lane during the play and Mohammed set a pick for the cutting Crawford. This isn't hard. The Pistons do it all day with Rasheed, Rip, and Billups.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 26

sadly, these guys are starting to make me apathetic. Bring back LJ and Childs!! When do pitchers and catchers report?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #72
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
IThe guy is just happy to be a coach.
As soon as I read this^^, I laughed. I laughed because it made me think.

Everytime I've seen Herb Williams, whether it be pre or post-game interview, he's been smiling. And not just a wry kinda smile. But one of these-->

Every single time.

We haven't won in who knows when, but it's always been one of these before and after each question.

Whatcha smiling for Herb??? Did he just see a Dave Chappelle standup show? Some secret joke written on the wall behind all of the media men?

--------------

Beat Writer: Herb, your team just blew a 20-point 4th Quarter lead and lost 17 of the last 18 games you've played and your job is on the line every second of the day. How do you feel?

Herb: It's all good.
--------------

I still put the blame on our roster makeup, but I'm sick of Herb's Kool-Aid smiles. He's a great assistant coach, same for Mark Aguirre, but come on now. These guys don't respect him worth a lick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »