Home

-Official New York Knicks Thread-

This is a discussion on -Official New York Knicks Thread- within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: -Official New York Knicks Thread-

anyone think its a coincidence that we are playing our best ball with Jamal in street clothes?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:50 AM   #50
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid
anyone think its a coincidence that we are playing our best ball with Jamal in street clothes?
More ball movement since Jamal has sat.

Tim Thomas actually has a pulse. He's looked extremely good the last 3-5 games. At 6'10, this guy is such a freaking waste but he's played with more heart recently.

I think we have the most underated bench in the league. Jerome Williams was a steal from Chicago. Ariza was a steal in the draft. And Sweetney is just maturing as a player. It was good to see him just body up KG last night and Wilkens left him in there for a good stretch.

One last thing- every team in the league wishes they had a player like Kurt Thomas. Think about it.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:11 PM   #51
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
More ball movement since Jamal has sat.

Tim Thomas actually has a pulse. He's looked extremely good the last 3-5 games. At 6'10, this guy is such a freaking waste but he's played with more heart recently.

I think we have the most underated bench in the league. Jerome Williams was a steal from Chicago. Ariza was a steal in the draft. And Sweetney is just maturing as a player. It was good to see him just body up KG last night and Wilkens left him in there for a good stretch.

One last thing- every team in the league wishes they had a player like Kurt Thomas. Think about it.
I feel you about Kurt Thomas and Sweetney. The bench really is overrated and Ariza is a player that every team should want. I wonder if Isaiah will ever have second thoughts about acquiring Jamal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2004, 06:01 PM   #52
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Don't get me wrong. I like Crawford. Glad he's here. He just needs to be reigned in a bit. He's played smarter this year but he still has old habits.

I don't know how this is going to work with him and Houston. I'd prefer Houston to come off the bench, but he's getting $100M. You're almost forced to start him. But depth is a good thing. I just want them to gel once they're all healthy as Tim Thomas has just realized the season has started (to be fair, I heard he had family issues/deaths).

They're going to have to get rid of Houston this year or next year though. I doubt they'll be any takers, but I'm hopeful.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:31 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 9

Crawford looks like the same old Crawford to me.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:00 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Houston looks much different from his old form. It seems that his knees are getting to him or he has butterfingers. I don't think he can take a guy one on one anymore, his jumpshot is still the same (despite being off last game), he runs much slower than hes suppose to be and there were instances (more than once) where he starts dribbling and loses out of nowhere without the defender having touch the ball once. I am worried he can no longer be the same Houston that scored 50 pts in a game because his physical condition is bad. And with his large contract, nobody would want to pick up Isiah Thomas's trash.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:15 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

well houston hasn't played much in 2 years now his gettin to see what it's like again yes his still at 75 80 percent but his making his team better his limping i noticed again i think where gonna lose him but he hasn't ran this much for 2 years again i think if he starts for another 20 games and plays how he is next season we might see a old houston but i doubt it being the knicks starters / bench players are starting to shine

i think the first two go in the off season will be houston and penny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2005, 10:50 AM   #56
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid
really? I was just thinking about how helpless on offense and defense the team looks without Crawford.

Now Mohammed is actually demanding the ball on offense. Yea, I realize that Mohammed is having a nice year, but make no mistake he is not an offensive force. When he becomes your second option on offense (or first whenever Marbury feels he needs to back down from scoring too many points for some absurd reason) there is a problem.

Mohammed should only be the beneficiary of Marbury's drives to the basket, just as Kurt Thomas is most of the time. Another thing I noticed is now that the Knicks are running their offense around Mohammed, Kurt Thomas has been absent. He has no inside moves. He's basically a player that gets open when the defense collapses on the slasher (Marbury, in most cases). With that not happening, the Knicks offense has look stagnant. Yea, there is a lot more ball movement with Crawford not shooting up every shot he wants to take, but the Knicks are a pathetic half-court team. This is something we all already know. No one wants to take the big shot so instead they keep passing the ball until the shot clock runs down and even then they still hold it until the shot clock runs out.

Yea, Crawford took a lot of bad shots, but he kept the Knicks offense moving. Right now the Knicks are running plays for a big man that can't even dribble the ball from the low post to the basket.

As for defense. Houston is a pathetic excuse for a defender and the Knicks have ZERO inside presence. Mohammed is a joke as a defender. Seriously, do you think any guard in the league is worried about driving to the basket against the Knicks?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »