Home

Official Minnesota Timberwolves Thread

This is a discussion on Official Minnesota Timberwolves Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Official Minnesota Timberwolves Thread

i was thinking the same thing, i looked that up the other day and i think we still get the shaft this year and dont get a first round pick and then next year we finally get a 1st rounder, hopefully im wrong and we get one this year
Old 02-11-2005, 02:36 PM   #74
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettrules21
i was thinking the same thing, i looked that up the other day and i think we still get the shaft this year and dont get a first round pick and then next year we finally get a 1st rounder, hopefully im wrong and we get one this year
No No the Wolves have paid there debt to Joe Smith rest!! They get there 1st rd draft pick
Old 02-11-2005, 02:45 PM   #75
MVP

well that happened in 2000 season tho, so they forfitted the 2001,02,03,04, and now their 05 to make it 5 years. or am i missing something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #76
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
well that happened in 2000 season tho, so they forfitted the 2001,02,03,04, and now their 05 to make it 5 years. or am i missing something
Here you go

http://www.nba.com/news/twolves_draft_pick_011228.html
Old 02-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #77
MVP

awesome, im glad they are giving it to us, we may need it
Old 02-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #78
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

We really need to get younger. I would be fine with just getting rid of Sam and Spree and not worrying about getting much in return. I just want them out.

Edit:It doesnt look too good though. And I wish we would have been able to get something done so Flip would still be here.

Had the Timberwolves been able to make a trade, Saunders still would be the coach, team owner Glen Taylor said. "Is this really all Flip's fault? It certainly isn't," said Taylor. "But I didn't know what other alternative we had." Because the Wolves haven't pulled off a deal and are pessimistic one will develop, Taylor's options were limited to firing Saunders as a way of trying to motivate the underachieving Wolves. McHale said he didn't expect a deal to happen before the Feb. 24 trading deadline.
-- St. Paul Pioneer Press

Garnett was not consulted about the firing of Saunders. "I was told when I came in for practice [Saturday]," Garnett said. "Kevin pulled me to the side and let me know that Glen had made the decision to let him go. "No one wants to see a grown man lose his job, especially someone who's been a part of our team the majority of my career. It wasn't good." Does he agree with the move? "It doesn't matter if I agree with it or not," he said. "The boss made a move."
-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Last edited by bergie56; 02-14-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #79
MVP

i couldnt agree more, with eddie griffin doing fairly well, kg and wally, maybe someday work in ebi, and get us a good draft pick, and maybe make a trade to get same out this off-season, we will be a new kind of team. this season im hoping we turn it around but the way i see them playing it just doesnt look like its gonna happen. all trade rumors are shot down within a few days. im ready for off-season to get things shakin.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:59 PM   #80
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
i couldnt agree more, with eddie griffin doing fairly well, kg and wally, maybe someday work in ebi, and get us a good draft pick, and maybe make a trade to get same out this off-season, we will be a new kind of team. this season im hoping we turn it around but the way i see them playing it just doesnt look like its gonna happen. all trade rumors are shot down within a few days. im ready for off-season to get things shakin.
I agree. I dont see us turning the season around, therefore I just want to see at least Sam get traded since Spree's contract runs out this season. Who do you see being our next coach?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »