Home

The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread

This is a discussion on The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2004, 03:19 AM   #73
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbasuperstar40
i like the suns and Steve Nash is the greatest PG never to play Def. but Amare is highly overated and if he was that fast, would suck. Post moves are oblimial, awareness is bad, and doesn't make good decision, yes he can score, but that's about it.
i haven't watched him as mutch as caliph, but obviously he is doing something right. He could work on his post moves. Their not bad, but most of the time he just spins around and once in a while he will do something different. I think maybe develop a hookshot or a good turnaround jumper (like garnett). His range isn't too bad, and he is working on his jumpshot as mentioned above. Like i said i have seen him swish a shot from a step inside the 3-point line so he isn't that bad, and hopefully he can work on it more. I wish he would get a few more rebounds per game, but i think he will get better as he matures, and 9 isn't bad. He can get to the rim easily on most big guys, can finish well, and he presents match up problems because he usually too quick/strong/tall for another opponent to guard.

Also can you name me any point guard who plays d?
Old 12-21-2004, 03:23 AM   #74
All Star

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1

Also can you name me any point guard who plays d?
Jamaal Tinsley and Luke Ridnour play some D.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Seattle Seahawks - Seattle Mariners - Jacksonville Sharks - Oklahoma City Thunder - Florida Gators
Old 12-21-2004, 04:26 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

Amare is for real, while there's no doubt that Nash is the reason for his much improved PPG boost, he was showing stellar improvement in his first two years. I think slapping that overrated tag on a third year player who is putting up some monster numbers is just proving you haven't watched him play.

If you pay close attention you might notice that a certain 22yr old Center...err I mean Foward with very limited low post moves, is the fourth leading scorer in the leauge all while averaging less minutes (35.9) than all but one player in the top ten scoring leaders.

Yep, sure is overrated. I'm going to email the Suns' front office with a petition to trade the bum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2004, 02:11 AM   #76
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Interesting stat:

The Suns' 23-3 start is the best start since the 1995-96 Bulls' 72 win season.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:17 AM   #77
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Good win against the Grizz tonight for our 10th straight. Next up, Toronto on Sunday. Its one of those tricky games but hopefully we'll pull it out also. We got some help from Miami as they beat Sacramento to put them another game behind us with our win.

I wont even respond to the post about Amare being overrated. If anything, he's still underrated.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:45 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was looking over the Suns schedule and noticed that they haven't lost to a team with a sub .500 record, I'm pretty sure they're the only team that has done that. Not that I put too much stock into that fact but interesting.

Nice win again, I missed the game but read that they went on a 17-0 run to take the lead for good. I hope this little pattern of playing defense only when it's do or die time goes away. It does make the games exciting but it's a dangerous way to play.

On a side note, I'm very curious to see how the Spurs approach the Suns on Tuesday night.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:12 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliph79
Amare is for real, while there's no doubt that Nash is the reason for his much improved PPG boost, he was showing stellar improvement in his first two years. I think slapping that overrated tag on a third year player who is putting up some monster numbers is just proving you haven't watched him play.

If you pay close attention you might notice that a certain 22yr old Center...err I mean Foward with very limited low post moves, is the fourth leading scorer in the leauge all while averaging less minutes (35.9) than all but one player in the top ten scoring leaders.

Yep, sure is overrated. I'm going to email the Suns' front office with a petition to trade the bum.
look you don't understand what i mean. stat wise he great, but not very good yet, he needs to improve his post moves and then i'll argee wit u, but he reminds of a young reign man"shawn kemp".
Old 12-29-2004, 05:01 AM   #80
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

We got worked tonight against a major test in San Antonio. That is what scares me about the team, we might not be able to stack up against San Antonio with the team we send out there NOW. I highly doubt the rest of the meetings this year will be like this, but this one was just nasty. It wasnt on national TV so I didnt get to see it (shame on you, TNT/ESPN/whoever!), but I saw some highlights (or lowlights, for us).

Our defense just seemed so lacking today. In a lot of the highlights I just saw the defense be non existent against Tony Parker's drives and whatnot. We need to shape it up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »