Home

The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread

This is a discussion on The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2004, 11:55 PM   #49
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread

Another solid win tonight for my Suns I think Hunter is great, but I wouldn't take Q-Rich off the starting 5 at this point only because the Suns are great with the lineup they're putting out....

Jacobsen can also fill the spark off the bench with his three shooting and once Barbosa figures out how to run the offense, he'll be another key guy too...

I was looking at the stat line and I'm glad Nash played only 28 minutes tonight so he can keep fresh throughout the season.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:44 AM   #50
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Having Quentin kick it up a notch or two is a great sign. He's finally coming around as I knew he would. It's also a great sign, like Perceptor said, that we're trying to keep Nash fresh. We certainly have the depth to do so, so I'm glad D'Antoni is utilizing it....

It is imperative that Hunter and Voskuhl come up big for us. They really need to take some pressure off Amare. We have to remember that he is only in his 3rd year, and shouldnt be thrown out there to play C night in and night out. Any help he can get where he can slide back to his natural 4 spot, is necessary and useful.

Next up, we have the Warriors, Lakers, and Bobcats. I expect 2 out of 3 to be wins, although winning all three isnt out of the realm of possibility....just trying to be realistic.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #51
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Its good to see our depth, this way we keep steve nash fresh (and this is very important) Even Amare is only averaging about 36 minutes a game which will help us in the playoffs

Matrix i agree with the fact that Hunter and Voshkul need to come in and do some of the dirty work such as guard the other teams best big man. I also am hoping that voshkul and hunter can collect more rebounds becuase amare has been doing a pretty good but not great job and we can't keep relying on shawn marion.

However, i do feel we have enough firepower to win the next 3 games especially the warriors and bobcats.

Also i have a question, for any of you who have seen steven hunter, how is he as a defender/rebounder. He seems to be a good shot blocker, but seems to be an average rebounder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2004, 09:05 PM   #52
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I think Voskhul is a better rebounder than Hunter from what I've seen so far, but Hunter is young and will hopefully develop his rebounding further.

The next three games are definitely there for the taking but 2 out of 3 is realistic although winning all three would make me happy
Old 12-08-2004, 12:47 AM   #53
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

Well, 1 down, 2 to go. We beat the Warriors tonight 118 to 104. I havent checked out box scores or highlights so I dont know uch about the game.

Next up, the Lakers @ Staples. Should be a great matchup, and its on TV here (I live in LA), but I'm at work, so I wont be able to watch. It'd be nice to win this game too, man.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:16 AM   #54
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

HELL YEAH! We pulled that one out, 113 to 110. I was at work but I was listening to some of it on the radio, and then they had it next door on TV so I went for the final quarter for a little bit. I saw Q's three and I was goin' nuts. I saw we were down 107 to 94 and we came back.

Bobcats on Friday!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:43 PM   #55
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

wow i had no idea we were down so much and came back to win. When i saw we had a comfortable margin but it was only the second quarter. However it worries me that we were losing by this much to the lakers and the warriors, but at least we were able to come back. It shows that at times we can play some of the best ball out there. I think we should be able to win the bobcats game, but there are not too many gimmes and i just hope the suns don't take the bobcats for granted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2004, 11:58 PM   #56
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

Suns beat the Bobcats 115 to 106. Amare almost with a triple double, posting up 36/15/8. How were those assists achieved? I hope they were hard assists, as that means that his passing game is only getting better. That always helps.

Anyways, I dont think there's much more to say about the game. Didnt get to see it again. Next Friday night is my Winter Formal, and guess what? Suns/Sonics on ESPN. Yeah, thats great. One of the few times my team is on national TV, and I'm gonna miss it, just like the first time and with the Lakers or Clippers games so far. Add to the fact that it'd be b/n two of the best records in the league..I'm pissed I'm gonna miss it.

Anyways, we're off for the weekend, Orlando on Monday!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »