Home

Official New Jersey Nets Thread

This is a discussion on Official New Jersey Nets Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2005, 06:38 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Official New Jersey Nets Thread

I actually see Nenad as a future 20 and a 10....why not. He is aggressive, and yonug.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Nenad is going to be a solid bigman, but it's up to us to find a 4 in the offseason. I think the nets are going to look like this next year:

center- Nenad -Twin - Smith

Pf- Stromile- uncle cliffy- veal

sf- RJ- JJ

sg- VC- Zoran

pg- Kidd- Best

The bench looks good as they have perimeter shooting they desperately needed for the last 3 years. They have smart veteran players off the bench who can hold the fort for the starters and they got two energy third stringers. The starting lineup is just flat out filled with atleticsim and we get our fastbreaking team back. We also get our defensive identity back.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #11
Rookie

Nets and Celtics should be a good game tonight. Big rivarly between the two but it has died down a lot this year. The nets can pull this off imo though. Nenad is having a better rookie year than Collins had in his second year and that's saying a lot. Kristic has been averaging 11 points and i think about 6 rebounds as a starter which is solid. Kidd and Carter looked good the other night big games from each. I won't be surprise if Kidd has another big game tonight, he always does against the celtics.

Ron Mercer Update is that he should be back for the west coast trip

RJ's surgery was successful

Zoran Plannic return is about two weeks away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #12
Rookie

Solid win against a Kobe Bryant less lakers. The Nets played their hearts out last night imo because they only had 8 people dressed and were outrebounded 55 to 29. Jacque Vaughn played good and Kristic had a solid game. J and Buford also had solid games, but Vinsanity showed what he can do when he plays hard, that 360 layup was sick. Billy Thomas I think shold be signed for the rest of the season, he's a shooter and the nets desperately need it.

Nets Update

Nets claim Elden Campbell off waviers

Twin and Veal have a hamstring injury
Old 01-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #13
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I am seeing flashes of classic Vinsanity. Taking it to the hole, and finishing on things that most players couldn't even think of. Like you said, the 360 layup= sick!

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Nets come out of the Atlantic on top.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 20

Lost in the rebirth of Vinsanity is that Jason Kidd has been playing great.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:17 AM   #15
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

this team will be really good next year especially if they can find a decent big man someone along the lines of keon clark is what i'm thinking of
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2005, 12:06 PM   #16
Rookie

The Nets do have potential next year to be one of the top 3 eastern conference teams again, if they have a 4 that is almost as atlethic as k-mart. The person who I think fits that description is Stromile Swift, he's an unrestricted free agent and he looks like one of those kids who wants alot of minutes. Rumor has it that Jerry West will try everything to resign Swift, but he's probably going to be a backup behind Gasol again. Swift would shine here in New Jersey as he would be the starting power foward we need and he's playing with Jason Kidd a proven winner. I never thought about Clark, last I heard he signed with the Cavs, but he's also a freak. I saw a highlight of him doing a windmill when he was a raptor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »