Home

Official New Jersey Nets Thread

This is a discussion on Official New Jersey Nets Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 23
Re: Official New Jersey Nets Thread

Keon has not returned ANY phone calls. He is a strange dude.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Solid win against a quality team, the Nets did a good job of keeping curry in foul trouble because with the role he started on in the first quarter you would have thought the Nets would have lost that game. Jacque Vaughn who i taught was a bum in the league played solid, he surprised me with his shooting touch. I think he's much better than Buford especially defensively, he's a pest on D. Nenad, I think he have a streak going for scoring in double figure, Jason as usual played well, one assist shy of his 62nd triple double and Vince well when he said "he was going to make people eat there words on him", i guess he was right. It seems like every night now, he has some highlight reel play and that's his 4th 30 point game. Collins is a dissapointment, I hope he goes on the bench next year because Jabari Smith played 15 minutes and was more effective than him. I was surprised to see Elden suit up for us after all the talk he only wants to play for the Pistons and if he came to the Nets he would retire. Some people thought Rod Thorn did that signing to screw the pistons.

Tonight New Jersey heads to the Fleet Center a place where they have a lot of history for the past three seasons and I won't be surprised if Celtic fans chant wifebeater to Kidd, but as most Net fans know he feeds off of that and when he goes the whole team follows. This will be an entertaining matchup to watch in my opinion.

Nets Notes

Elden Campbell Logged 2 minutes in his Net debut

If Kidd Gets 9 assist tonight against the Celtics, he passes Bob Cousy for 12th on the all time assist list.

Donell Harvey signed to a 10 day contract

Injuries

Al Jefferson

Rodney Buford

Brian Scalabrine
Old 02-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #19
Rookie

Bad lost to Boston on tuesday, but the Nets had a huge game this afternoon big win for us. Jabari Smith aka Double Nickel played an all round game for us. Jay Kidd had a record breaking game today as he passed Bob Cousy for 12th on the all time assist list and passing Kenny Anderson on the Nets all time franchise list. Vince Carter well once again as L. Frank like to call him is a special player and just like Jason tries to make his teamates better, if you check out the previous games and how much assist he had. The bench also played a solid role. Overall it was a good game and i thought the Stones were going to win or the game was going to be close. Jacque Vaughn also did an amazing job on Rip.

Nets Notes

Both Ron Mercer and Zoran Plannic returned for the Nets and made some key shots

Jason Kidd has the most assist in franchise history passing Kenny Anderson
He also moves into 12th on the all time assist list

Vince Carter- 41 points

Last edited by Nets; 02-05-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:30 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

If this team adds a Stromile Swift in the offseason, along w/ a healthy kidd, and jefferson, then add some beef off the bench like a Reggie Evans or Danny Fortson, and assuming Kristic improves, this team could win 60 games in the Weak East next year. Looks like my Cavs better get lucky and nab Ray Allen or Michael Redd this summer w/all our cap room, we might need it!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:48 PM   #21
Rookie

I agree, but 60 wins would be overrating the Nets, to be honest with you even the biggest Net Fans would tell you that they can't reach 60 wins, it's not impposible, but some of the reason for that are during the course of a season injuries happen unexpectedly, which means other guys have to step up and it takes a while sometime for them to find a role as a starter. Another reason is that we've had problems out West for as long as i can remember. The Nets also have their problems of beating the teams, their supposed to beat if you check out the previous seasons every since Kidd was here. I think addind Kerry Kittles and Stromile Swift would be great additions, thats hoping that the Hawks don't offer Swift a big contract.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2005, 04:51 PM   #22
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

one thing that sticks out to me lately is that Vince Carter has been stepping it up. His numbers have risen and he has been giving more effort. He still has the entire season to play this way to get his status back.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:37 PM   #23
Rookie

A huge Divison game against Philly tonight. This is a must win as we can gain some ground on 1st place Boston. Iverson Creates matchup problems for us as Vince plays no D, Jay is too slow for Iverson. Jacque is going to have to do what he did against Rip. It should be a battle in the meadowlands and I expect the Nets to run every chance they get.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:25 PM   #24
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

Damn...Vinsanity has 27 points, 5 reb, and 3,ast at the half. He's also hit 5 out of 10 3's. Gona be another 40 or even 50 for VC?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »