Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2018, 05:27 PM   #465
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...g-knee-surgery

This is not good but at least no structural damage. We also have a very solid & capable backup in Rozier to start for us until Kyrie is ready to come back. Hopefully he can be ready by the playoffs.

We might not necessarily need him for the 1st Round playoffs but we must have Kyrie on the court to advance past the 2nd Round of the playoffs in my opinion. We also will need Jaylen Brown in there if we make it to the 2nd Round.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #466
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Unhappy Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Man this news from ESPN makes me wanna cry: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...eason-playoffs
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 04-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #467
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

A major kick in the balls for sure. And on top of it, we may never see Smart in C’s uniform again.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:51 AM   #468
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
A major kick in the balls for sure. And on top of it, we may never see Smart in C’s uniform again.
I am with you on the bold above. I think Smart will be gone after this season. He will sign with another team because we're not going to pay him what he wants & deserves. I think we're going to make a run at Kawhi Leonard myself come the off-season.

Just imagine us with Kyrie, Hayward, & Kawhi as 3 star players to go with Tatum, Brown, Horford, Rozier, & the rest of the bunch. We would then be SERIOUS contenders. I would hate to see Smart go but it's probably going to happen. He will be a RFA after this season: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-ce...s-smart-15358/
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 04-06-2018 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:47 AM   #469
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I am with you on the bold above. I think Smart will be gone after this season. He will sign with another team because we're not going to pay him what he wants & deserves. I think we're going to make a run at Kawhi Leonard myself come the off-season.

Just imagine us with Kyrie, Hayward, & Kawhi as 3 star players to go with Tatum, Brown, Horford, Rozier, & the rest of the bunch. We would then be SERIOUS contenders. I would hate to see Smart go but it's probably going to happen. He will be a RFA after this season: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-ce...s-smart-15358/
any Kawhi trade probably includes Tatum and Brown and most likely Tatum. I dunno if Smart is for sure gone because whose going to for sure paid a bunch for the worst 3 Point Shooter in the history of the league. He'll get a solid deal I'm just not sure an outlandish one which might bring him back to boston though one reason why he couldn't be back is they probably have to make a decision to pay him or Rozier. Rozier is not up this offseason but i think he is next offseason.

It is a bummer we are not going to see what this team would of been like the team w/Smart came back with the Bench was looking really good. I wished that team would've been healthy this postseason.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:24 PM   #470
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
any Kawhi trade probably includes Tatum and Brown and most likely Tatum. I dunno if Smart is for sure gone because whose going to for sure paid a bunch for the worst 3 Point Shooter in the history of the league. He'll get a solid deal I'm just not sure an outlandish one which might bring him back to boston though one reason why he couldn't be back is they probably have to make a decision to pay him or Rozier. Rozier is not up this offseason but i think he is next offseason.

It is a bummer we are not going to see what this team would of been like the team w/Smart came back with the Bench was looking really good. I wished that team would've been healthy this postseason.
Shaq on TNT last night said he had Insider information that the Celtics are going to go after Kawhi hard. He also said that in doing so it would only involve 1 current player on the Celtics roster plus the rest the Spurs was asking for draft picks in return.

That one player on the current roster my guess would be Tatum. It could be Brown but Tatum has a bigger upside. It could also be Rozier since Parker is about finished & word is the Spurs don't trust Murray as their long term PG mainly because he's not much of a shooter but he can work on that just like many other PG's have done in the past to become better players.

I still think it would be Tatum since it's Kawhi's position to fill. I would hate to see Tatum go. Kawhi is good but man Tatum could end up just like Kawhi in being a superstar & Tatum is much younger too. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 04-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #471
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Shaq on TNT last night said he had Insider information that the Celtics are going to go after Kawhi hard. He also said that in doing so it would only involve 1 current player on the Celtics roster plus the rest the Spurs was asking for draft picks in return.

That one player on the current roster my guess would be Tatum. It could be Brown but Tatum has a bigger upside. It could also be Rozier since Parker is about finished & word is the Spurs don't trust Murray as their long term PG mainly because he's not much of a shooter but he can work on that just like many other PG's have done in the past to become better players.

I still think it would be Tatum since it's Kawhi's position to fill. I would hate to see Tatum go. Kawhi is good but man Tatum could end up just like Kawhi in being a superstar & Tatum is much younger too. Thanks.
Yeah you gotta be darn sure about Kawhi's health to do that kind of a deal. I know it's not rational but I'd keep this group together and see what Heyward/Kyrie/Brown/Tatum can do. because with the development of Brown and Tatum in year 2 next year's team won't have the offensive decencies this one had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #472
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23105556
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »