Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #689
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

The Celtics are strongly considering to trade their 14th, 20th, & 22nd Picks in the Draft to move up to the #4 spot (Pelicans slot) to draft Darius Garland from Vanderbilt. Other teams are also interested in trading up as well including a failed effort already by the Hawks to move up to #3 in a trade with the Knicks. The T'Wolves & Bulls are also strong candidates in trying to move up to draft Garland.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 06-18-2019, 07:48 PM   #690
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow that’s a lot to give up for a kid that has only played 4 collegiate games. I don’t think that’s enough to eat a deal done though.

———

Horford not expected to re-sign with Celtics. I’m almost positive if they renounce Rozier they can sign Brogdon to a max offer sheet. Same with D’Angelo Russell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-18-2019, 08:33 PM   #691
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
And now time for my personal favorite.

The “Nuclear Summer” option:

https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/5/2...source=twitter

It’s happening!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 08:35 PM   #692
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

WOW! Horford is going to be gone now too: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ek-deal-boston

This is a major blow. We already knew/expected Kyrie to be gone but I didn't expect this out of Horford. I'm bummed out now! We are possibly now looking at a tanking team for sure now unless we get some major FA pickups.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 06-18-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:06 PM   #693
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

The cap situation without Horford and renouncing Morris and Rozier.

We know Kawhi isn't coming so I don't think there's anyone else that's going to turn us into an immediate contender. I guess Kemba or D'Lo would be the best options but with Baynes being our best big then I'm not sure it will matter...

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-19-2019, 12:00 AM   #694
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
The cap situation without Horford and renouncing Morris and Rozier.

We know Kawhi isn't coming so I don't think there's anyone else that's going to turn us into an immediate contender. I guess Kemba or D'Lo would be the best options but with Baynes being our best big then I'm not sure it will matter...
Do you think we renounce Rozier? I think the only way that happens is if we don't go after a FA PG like Kemba, Rubio, or Collison. We have to make that decision soon though. I already said that I would like Rubio in this offense but Kyrie & Horford now gone like you said it probably won't matter & with Horford gone now players like Kemba, Rubio, & Collison might not want to be in Boston without a solid big man.

I don't see Marcus Morris being back period & I've thought that since the end of the season. The problem with renouncing Rozier is that we must have a backup plan if he's gone. We must have a FA PG that's given us the OK that he wants to sign with the Celtics because otherwise we have no decent starting PG. Sure, Smart could move into the starting PG position but he's not suited for that role. Wannamaker is rumored to be going elsewhere too but he's not a starting PG either.

P.J. Dozier is a RFA & will probably be back & has some skills as a tall lanky PG but he's definitely not a starter either. We must address starting PG before we make a final decision to renounce Rozier. Of course, official FA doesn't start until June 30th.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-19-2019, 11:19 AM   #695
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Do you think we renounce Rozier? I think the only way that happens is if we don't go after a FA PG like Kemba, Rubio, or Collison. We have to make that decision soon though. I already said that I would like Rubio in this offense but Kyrie & Horford now gone like you said it probably won't matter & with Horford gone now players like Kemba, Rubio, & Collison might not want to be in Boston without a solid big man.

I don't see Marcus Morris being back period & I've thought that since the end of the season. The problem with renouncing Rozier is that we must have a backup plan if he's gone. We must have a FA PG that's given us the OK that he wants to sign with the Celtics because otherwise we have no decent starting PG. Sure, Smart could move into the starting PG position but he's not suited for that role. Wannamaker is rumored to be going elsewhere too but he's not a starting PG either.

P.J. Dozier is a RFA & will probably be back & has some skills as a tall lanky PG but he's definitely not a starter either. We must address starting PG before we make a final decision to renounce Rozier. Of course, official FA doesn't start until June 30th.
Yes, I think they would renounce Rozier if they find someone better. With that said, they won't renounce Rozier unless they already have an agreement with another player first. That's what the moratorium is for so they have some time to talk to FA's before making any decisions; if another team signs Rozier to an offer sheet, then that will put more pressure on Boston but they will get a chance to a) see what's out there (if anything) and match any offer Rozier gets (if they want to).

I think there is a decent chance that Rozier is back with the Celtics just because Danny seems to love him. And if he is back, I think he will be the starter. Mainly because if he threw a fit last year as a backup to Kyrie, then I don't think he would be happy to backup Smart or whoever new they bring in.

Personally, I hope Rozier is gone. Even if we don't get another PG in free agency. Rozier is more of an undersized SG than he is a PG. He can bring the ball up-court but he's not a good passer and Smart or Hayward are better suited for initiating the offense. I'd be done with Smart as the starter and then drafting Carson Edwards with pick 20 or 22.

I think originally they wanted Morris back but with these recent developments he's likely gone too and that's fine. If we aren't contending then they need to focus on developing the young guys and Morris will just take minutes away from them. If something happens and we end up with someone like Kemba or a surprising trade is made, and we remain contender, then i think they Morris comes back. I wouldn't put any money on that happening though.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 06-19-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #696
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Yes, I think they would renounce Rozier if they find someone better. With that said, they won't renounce Rozier unless they already have an agreement with another player first. That's what the moratorium is for so they have some time to talk to FA's before making any decisions; if another team signs Rozier to an offer sheet, then that will put more pressure on Boston but they will get a chance to a) see what's out there (if anything) and match any offer Rozier gets (if they want to).

I think there is a decent chance that Rozier is back with the Celtics just because Danny seems to love him. And if he is back, I think he will be the starter. Mainly because if he threw a fit last year as a backup to Kyrie, then I don't think he would be happy to backup Smart or whoever new they bring in.

Personally, I hope Rozier is gone. Even if we don't get another PG in free agency. Rozier is more of an undersized SG than he is a PG. He can bring the ball up-court but he's not a good passer and Smart or Hayward are better suited for initiating the offense. I'd be done with Smart as the starter and then drafting Carson Edwards with pick 20 or 22.

I think originally they wanted Morris back but with these recent developments he's likely gone too and that's fine. If we aren't contending then they need to focus on developing the young guys and Morris will just take minutes away from them. If something happens and we end up with someone like Kemba or a surprising trade is made, and we remain contender, then i think they Morris comes back. I wouldn't put any money on that happening though.
+1 on that post. Totally agree with you about Rozier.

Most of the latest mock drafts have us taking Tyler Herro (SG) from Kentucky with our 14th Pick. That's if we don't trade up to #3 or #4 to draft Garland to be our PG. This would cost us at least picks 14, 20, & 22. I would love to have Garland even though he's only played in 4 college games due to injury.

He was a top prospect coming out of high school from my home state of Tennessee. He can really play. I am concerned though about his injury. Don't seem NBA teams are that concerned though because at least 5 teams are said to be wanting him.

Herro would be a pick if we do end up taking him that would be a project. He's not ready to be a direct contributor for us yet. He is strictly a shooter right now. Needs tons of work on defense & awareness on the court. Decent rebounder but he's not a real athletic SG. Does have good height @ 6'5" though.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »